First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Looking Parent

Lake Charles, LA

#1 Dec 28, 2008
I recently moved to Jonesboro and will start employment next year in town. I was told the local college (Arkansas State University) has a daycare and it is a good one and accredited. Does anybody know anything about it or where I can find more information about it online?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.
ASU Grad

Olney, TX

#2 Dec 29, 2008
A long time ago, they did have a daycare program for the students that went to school on the main campus, but they have discontinued it and nothing has been implemented in it's place.

I left in 2007 and am not sure if there has been anything opened since.

Good luck.
was there too

North Little Rock, AR

#3 Dec 29, 2008
looking parent, there is a daycare on campus, its a brand new builing. Its in front of the asu police station..hope this helps

Since: Dec 08

State University

#4 Dec 29, 2008
Yes, it is across the street from the ASU police station. It is not actually run by ASU, it is an ABC Program, so it is based off income. Good luck getting in, my son has been on the waiting list for nearly a year now and still has not gotten in!
reader

Cleveland, OH

#5 Dec 29, 2008
They are only allowed to take so many children and a spot has to open up before they can take another child.Especially newborns/infants.
a future teacher

Montgomery, TX

#6 Dec 29, 2008
My daughter attends preschool there. It is a wonderful place. Good luck getting your child in. If they have a medical condition or anything, they get in without question. My daughter was born at 28 weeks gestation and she got right in.
Looking Parent

Lake Charles, LA

#7 Dec 30, 2008
So it is based off of income or medical need? Must you be a student or employee of ASU?

What is an ABC program? Can I find any information about it online?
so what

Big Spring, TX

#8 Dec 30, 2008
There are everywhere
reader

Cleveland, OH

#9 Dec 30, 2008
I believe there are no fees,I may be wrong,it may be based on income and some other factors but it is nothing like a regular daycare cost.That is one reason it is hard to get a child in it.
arkansasgirl

Blytheville, AR

#10 Dec 31, 2008
This daycare is based on income as well as other criteria. You can contact ASU Childhood Services to get the phone number for the daycare/preschool. I know several of the women that work there and they all do a great job!
a future teacher

Lake Charles, LA

#11 Jan 5, 2009
There is no fee at the ABC Preschool. I am not sure about the daycare. If your child comes before 7:45 or stays after 2:45, then you must pay before or after school care. But, it is very reasonable. It is a wonderful place and the teachers/staff is great. It is based mostly on income; my oldest attended when she was that age, and now my 4 year is attending. My oldest was accepted because of low income. My youngest was accepted automatically because she was born prematurely.
Looking Parent

State University, AR

#12 Jan 13, 2009
Does anybody have any contact information? How young do they start accepting children?
FYI

Keiser, AR

#13 Jan 13, 2009
They have started accepting younger childern and there is a cost. The pre-school is free from 7:45 to 2:45 and then there is a fee for the afterschool program. I do not have a child in the program but am friends with a few parents of Pre-school age children that are. From what I hear they do not do a great job of getting the children pre-pared for Kindergarden and there is no sense of punishment for their actions and they get away with alot. From what I have seen when I have visited with them is that they do keep the facility nice and neat and do let the children do alot. However, it is all learning through play and that is not what every child needs or wants and has (from my opinion)caused alot of heartache for one of my closest friends b/c the teachers are always saying how bad their child is and when a kid hears that all the time it can cause emotional damage. But I am sure for a younger child it is worth looking into!!
FYI

Keiser, AR

#14 Jan 13, 2009
nine-seven-two-twenty-one-hund red. will get you to ASU and then you can ask to be connected to the Daycare. If its on campus they can connect you!

Lake Charles, LA

#15 Jan 13, 2009
yes asu preschool is great! Keep trying!
Parent

United States

#16 Aug 29, 2011
I'm thinking about taking my daugher, she just turned 1... My husband goes to ASU & I'm starting next fall.
woman

Redfield, AR

#17 Aug 31, 2011
ive been on waiting list for 3 years. Nothing still good luck
familiar with it

Mountain Home, AR

#18 Jan 9, 2016
FYI wrote:
nine-seven-two-twenty-one-hund red. will get you to ASU and then you can ask to be connected to the Daycare. If its on campus they can connect you!
it is nine seven two, thirty nine hundred
familiar with it

Mountain Home, AR

#19 Jan 9, 2016
a future teacher wrote:
There is no fee at the ABC Preschool. I am not sure about the daycare. If your child comes before 7:45 or stays after 2:45, then you must pay before or after school care. But, it is very reasonable. It is a wonderful place and the teachers/staff is great. It is based mostly on income; my oldest attended when she was that age, and now my 4 year is attending. My oldest was accepted because of low income. My youngest was accepted automatically because she was born prematurely.
If your child meets specific criteria they can go for free; if they do not, they have paid spots. Both have a specific number of seats and stay in Quality ratio versus just Minimum Licensing ratio (teacher per student). If you are pregnant, go ahead and fill out the forms instead of waiting until the child is born. When you fill out the forms, it will be determined if you will be eligible for free or paid enrollment. Conscious Discipline and Positive Guidance methods are used for behavior management. Staff is trained having degrees and licenses' with ongoing self-development through professional trainings. The students' developmental goals and assessments are based on 7 domains set forth by Arkansas Frameworks and Benchmarks. The hours are drop off 7:45 a.m. with pick up at 2:45 p.m. The environment is structured and parent meetings are held monthly. You can contact the program at nine seven two, thirty nine hundred or come to the building at 504 Robinson on the campus (next to the police station).
Again

Memphis, TN

#20 Jan 9, 2016
Yes, once again if you have a full time job and a middle class, normal child you are $#i+ out of luck. Good day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Time to ban those rental vans 10 min Proud bagger 12
News Affidavit: Man kept woman in home beating, stra... 19 min Guest 5
Silence in Arizona 19 min guest 2
Chelsea Clinton's new nickname 21 min guest 1
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 44 min Alphapapa 42,936
Written in the Stars 1 hr Guest 23
North Korea's Nuclear Test Site Has 'Collapsed' 1 hr guest 6
BREAKING!!!...about time 1 hr Proud bagger 66
Trump supporters were driven by fear of losing ... 3 hr guest 13

Jonesboro Jobs