earned income tax credit is welfare
guest

Haslet, TX

#21 Mar 29, 2012
To get eic you DO have to show some proof of income earned. Yes if you only worked 2 weeks out of the year you can still get it, or some people cheat the system and lie. But you can't claim eic if you didn't work at all and have no proof. I get foodstamps for me and my son and me and his father have a joint custody agreement so neither of us pays childsupport. I don't work because I'm in school full time and I can only get daycare for him during the day while I'm at school. Hopefully that will change soon and I can start working nights somewhere and he can go to a daycare at night or I can get a babysitter. But let me ask all of you a question. Is it wrong I get help from the government? Even though I'm in school five days a week and the only reason I haven't gotten a job is because I would only be able to see my son 2 maybe 3 days a week. Not only that but its not a permant plan. Some of us ARE trying to make ourselves better but we have to have some education and maybe a little help from the government. Not all of us abuse the system but the ones who do make it look bad on everyone.
guest

Paragould, AR

#22 Mar 29, 2012
and the point . you still shouldn't get back more than you pay in .
guest

Paragould, AR

#23 Mar 29, 2012
getting help from the gov the gov is my tax money.i didn't have sex with you so why should i pay child support ? it's the same
guest

Haslet, TX

#24 Mar 29, 2012
That's just the way our government works. Help is out there the problem is people take advantage of the system. And I'm really sure every penny you pay in goes to me and its considered "child support". So I guess your supporting everyone else that gets food stamps as well? Your an idiot, its not the same you low life stuck up dumbass. You need your ass beat moron. And how dare you say anything about me that way? You don't know me. You sit behind a computer thinking your a know it all arrogant prick. Shut the fuck up you piece of shit. That's why I'm in school so I can have a career to support myself. Fuck off.
parasite

Jonesboro, AR

#25 Mar 29, 2012
guest wrote:
That's just the way our government works. Help is out there the problem is people take advantage of the system. And I'm really sure every penny you pay in goes to me and its considered "child support". So I guess your supporting everyone else that gets food stamps as well? Your an idiot, its not the same you low life stuck up dumbass. You need your ass beat moron. And how dare you say anything about me that way? You don't know me. You sit behind a computer thinking your a know it all arrogant prick. Shut the fuck up you piece of shit. That's why I'm in school so I can have a career to support myself. Fuck off.
Yeah, that's the kind of gratitude taxpayers get. Nobody paid for me to live and support my wife and child while I got my degree. You are definitely the one who needs an education in humility and appreciation. How bout you track down yo baby daddy and have him own up to his responsibility? I'm sure Uncle Sam didn't father your children. Ingrate.
guest

Haslet, TX

#26 Mar 29, 2012
Perfect example of stuck up morons like yourself thinking your above everyone and treating the rest of us like trash. Let me give you a little insight:
I have joint custody so my sons father will be in his life and not just every other weekend. I don't take advantage of everything that's available to me for being considered a single mom. I don't have HUD, I don't get utility assistance or tea or any of the other that I do qualify for besides food stamps and insurance for my son. Not to mention I pay taxes TOO!!! And I don't think of it as supporting someone else. I've worked since I was 16. You shouldn't lump everyone in the same category as "trailer trash". Some of us do WORK and are doing what we can so we don't need those resources. And let me educate you further. You were married and had a child correct? Then you shouldn't of got help from the government!!! You chose to get married! You are the bread winner!!! And if you didn't make enough money to support you wife and child those resources would have been available to you, whether you accepted help or not. Help is offered to those who need it, yes there are too many that take advantage of the system. Perfect example of the others making the ones who try and are hardworking who need a little bit of help, they make us look bad. But they are cracking down on the system hardcore. A lot of those abusing the system will be declined in the near future. And they are trying to get a law passed where drug tests are givin. So there's education for you. You should really read up on that shit and actually know what your talking about before you give your opinion because your the one uneducated my friend.:)
parasite

Jonesboro, AR

#27 Mar 29, 2012
I never said you were trailer trash, that was your own admission. And I didn't make enough to support them, we got by on what we made.

I know exactly what I'm talking about, and the more you spout off with your entitlement mentality, the more you prove me right.

I know about poor white trash, because that's where I came from. But I never expected anyone but my parents to support me; and that was only until I was old enough support myself. I worked my way thru college. If you qualify for HUD and food stamps, then you DO NOT pay taxes. Anything withheld from your paycheck and more is refunded to you at the end of the year. There is no such thing as a single mom, unless you are the Virgin Mary. The father of your children is responsible for them financially.

So because you chose to have your children out of wedlock or get divorced means that you are more deserving than I am? What's sad is that you aren't even the worst.

Enjoy the ride while it lasts, the tide will turn.
guest

Paragould, AR

#28 Mar 29, 2012
have joint custody so my sons father will be in his life and not just every other weekend. I don't take advantage of everything that's available to me for being considered a single mom. I don't have HUD, I don't get utility assistance or tea or any of the other that I do qualify for besides food stamps and insurance for my son. Not to mention I pay taxes TOO!!! And I don't think of it as supporting someone else.----- and you pay taxes too if you gey back more than you pay in that means you didn't pay taxes
liberalsRdeafand stupid

United States

#29 Mar 30, 2012
Another welfare baby gets born. The Grandma calls the Department of Child &
Family Services, and states that the unemployed
daughter is not capable of caring for all of her kids.

DCFS
agrees, and tells her the
children will need to go into foster care.

The Grandma then
volunteers to be the foster
parent, and receives a check for
$1500 per child each month.

Total
yearly income:

$144,000 tax-free and nobody
has to go to work!

In fact, they get more if there is
no husband/father/man in the home!

Not to mention free healthcare (Medicaid), plus a
monthly card entitling them to free groceries
and a voucher for 250 free Obamaphone minutes
each month. This does not include WIC and other
welfare benefits...that they are "entitled" to.

Indeed,

Grandma
was correct that her fertile daughter is the
"breadwinner" for the family.

This is how the liberal
politicians spend our tax dollars. When this
generous program was invented in the '60s, the
Great Society architects forgot to craft
an end date... and now we are hopelessly
overrun with people who vote only for those who
will continue to keep them on the dole....

No wonder our country is broke! Worse, the Muslims have been paying
attention, and by mandating that each Muslim family have eleven
children, they will soon replace the voting bloc above and can be
running this country within 50 years.

Are we alarmed yet?
Is anybody listening?
guest

Haslet, TX

#30 Mar 30, 2012
Again assuming things. I don't get back more than I pay in. And I accept some help from the government because I need it. Yes, I do pay taxes. So apparently you don't know as much as you think you do. And did I say I was more deserving???? HELP WAS THERE if you needed it. You chose not to accept it. Your choice. Enjoy the ride??? I wouldn't call a little bit of foodstamps a "ride". People who haven't had help from the government don't understand how the system works, and it definately shows. Stop blaming other people for your losses and move to Canada. I'll continue with my school and graduate and be thankful I had that help so I could further my eduacation. Sounds like your the one who is ungrateful. And next time you post, say something that makes sense.
Guest

Gainesville, FL

#31 Sep 19, 2012
guest wrote:
That's just the way our government works. Help is out there the problem is people take advantage of the system. And I'm really sure every penny you pay in goes to me and its considered "child support". So I guess your supporting everyone else that gets food stamps as well? Your an idiot, its not the same you low life stuck up dumbass. You need your ass beat moron. And how dare you say anything about me that way? You don't know me. You sit behind a computer thinking your a know it all arrogant prick. Shut the fuck up you piece of shit. That's why I'm in school so I can have a career to support myself. Fuck off.
I was all for you until you lowered yourself to a level at which they say all welfare people are. Please better yourself and learn to use words not hate. You are what's wrong with the system you act like a animal not a person and who ever said the stuff before her. You are no different. I feel sorry for both of you, I get food stamps because I was hurt at work and the company would pay or take care of me and my family. Before I paid taxs I even went to college and worked full time. I don't hate people on welfare I dislike the people that act out against each other. Animals attack each other people take things out. Which are you two?
Confused

Manila, AR

#32 Sep 19, 2012
If he moves to Canada, whose gonna pay in enough taxes for you to continue to draw your benefits?

“Light Sensitive...”

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#33 Sep 19, 2012
In order to understand the income tax, you must understand how it came about and how it was originally meant to be collected.

So let's just start at the founding of America and just work forward from there. The real start of America was with the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776. The real start of the United States was on September 17, 1787, with the ratification of the Constitution
Our forefathers designed this country to be a free country, with no king and no subjects. They had just left the oppressive government of England, and did not want to create the same thing all over again. This new country and its new government was to be a concept that was unfamiliar to the common people. It was based on the concept that every man was his own master and a king in his own house. Every individual was to be a SOVEREIGN with 'inalienable' rights. What is a sovereign?
Anyone really wanting to understand this..chime in. Let's havr a reasonable discussion, and all maybe learn a little today :)

“Light Sensitive...”

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#34 Sep 19, 2012
Sovereign means "having supreme rank, power and authority. The greatest in degree." (from Webster's dictionary) A king is sovereign. There is no one above him except his creator. The American people are the same. There is no government above you except your creator (whatever your concept of God is). NO human government! This country was based upon the concept of individual sovereignty. This country is owned by each and every individual, jointly, with everybody else. Like the song says, "This land is your land, this land is my land." We own it together. But running a jointly owned country is complex, just like running a jointly owned corporation. So the sovereign people joined together and contracted to hire managers to run the country for them. These managers were called governments, local, state and federal. The government is just an employee of the sovereign people! In order to keep the employees in line, the people drew up employment contracts with these government employees. These employment contracts, spelling out the duties and limitations of the managers, are called state constitutions. Each sovereign state has its own constitution. And, like the sovereign individual people, each sovereign individual state also bound together with the other states and hired a manager to take care of the joint interests of the states. This manager was the federal government, and the employment contract between the states and the federal government is called the U.S. Constitution.

First comes the Creator!(Whatever your concept of God is!)

Next comes the individual sovereign people, whom the creator created. These individual sovereign people each had inalienable rights.

Who rules whom here? Are the people over the Creator?

Next the sovereign people created the sovereign states, and their governments.

Next the states created the federal government.

Therefore, do the people tell the government what to do, or does the government tell the people what to do? Are the state governments superior to the federal government? This whole picture has been turned upside down. Now the federal government is all powerful. It rules over the states and over the people. Both the federal government and the state governments rule over the people. And God has been booted out of the picture completely, through separation of church and state. The church is now just a corporation, dictated to by the government. In fact, you cannot even be recognized as a church without getting permission from the government and becoming a corporation. Now your allegiance is first to the government, and then to God! Again, the order is reversed!
robin hood

Cape Girardeau, MO

#35 Sep 19, 2012
guest wrote:
To get eic you DO have to show some proof of income earned. Yes if you only worked 2 weeks out of the year you can still get it, or some people cheat the system and lie. But you can't claim eic if you didn't work at all and have no proof. I get foodstamps for me and my son and me and his father have a joint custody agreement so neither of us pays childsupport. I don't work because I'm in school full time and I can only get daycare for him during the day while I'm at school. Hopefully that will change soon and I can start working nights somewhere and he can go to a daycare at night or I can get a babysitter. But let me ask all of you a question. Is it wrong I get help from the government? Even though I'm in school five days a week and the only reason I haven't gotten a job is because I would only be able to see my son 2 maybe 3 days a week. Not only that but its not a permant plan. Some of us ARE trying to make ourselves better but we have to have some education and maybe a little help from the government. Not all of us abuse the system but the ones who do make it look bad on everyone.
you are the folks that the programs where meat for. i have no problem with that at all.

Since: Aug 12

Indian Trail, NC

#36 Jan 31, 2013
guest wrote:
To get eic you DO have to show some proof of income earned. Yes if you only worked 2 weeks out of the year you can still get it, or some people cheat the system and lie. But you can't claim eic if you didn't work at all and have no proof. I get foodstamps for me and my son and me and his father have a joint custody agreement so neither of us pays childsupport. I don't work because I'm in school full time and I can only get daycare for him during the day while I'm at school. Hopefully that will change soon and I can start working nights somewhere and he can go to a daycare at night or I can get a babysitter. But let me ask all of you a question. Is it wrong I get help from the government? Even though I'm in school five days a week and the only reason I haven't gotten a job is because I would only be able to see my son 2 maybe 3 days a week. Not only that but its not a permant plan. Some of us ARE trying to make ourselves better but we have to have some education and maybe a little help from the government. Not all of us abuse the system but the ones who do make it look bad on everyone.
I'm sorry. I don't want to be mean, but yes you are wrong and taking unfair advantage. You had a child that you weren't prepared to care for. Now you get free day care off tax payers backs while you attend school (most likely off the pell grant) and claim you can't work. No. You can work, but choose not to. You'd rather get pell grant funds, sit in class while others care for your son and you suck off the taxpayer. You are the problem. I don't get how you can't see that!
uhmm

Longview, TX

#37 Feb 2, 2013
My Mom only worked 4 months in 2011 (not for lack of trying to get another job!) & she did NOT qualify for the earned income tax credit.(& she has two school age children at home still.)
guest

Jonesboro, AR

#38 Feb 3, 2013
What kind of work is she looking for? I know there are jobs out there.
guest

Jonesboro, AR

#39 Feb 4, 2013
guest wrote:
What kind of work is she looking for? I know there are jobs out there.
Yeah there are jobs out there but not all meet the cost of living here in the U.S. so stop whining about how it could be worse in a third world country where it cost nothing to meet that country's cost of living.
Punisher

Jonesboro, AR

#40 Feb 4, 2013
Mom wrote:
Since I paid in 20% of my income in taxes, I was glad to see my daughter get EIC and she could only get it if she worked and has a child. She also goes to school full time, and gets the lottery scholarship to help pay for that. I am against those who never work and have food stamps, hud housing and medicaid and never work and never intend to!!!!
If you hadn't paid all those taxes, you'd have more money to help your daughter get through school, which I'm sure you do anyway. Much better than helping your daughter a little and welfare recipients you don't know at all a lot!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 3 min BARNEYII 40,055
us pizza 27 min guest 6
Jonesboro homeless/mental health facility 40 min guest 29
Las Vegas Survivor Abruptly Dies Days After Pos... 1 hr guest 66
Rob Butler 2 hr Real truth 7
Cartoonist Pat Bagley draws the "Comforter-In-C... 2 hr Guest 4
Hillary Nailed On Uranium Deal 2 hr guest 60
Greg Allen 2 hr Bless Your Heart 47

Jonesboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jonesboro Mortgages