school supporter

United States

#1 Jan 17, 2013
Don't you just love how we purchase the school partners discount cards to support our schools then find out Taco Bell doesn't give discounts any longer. Maybe we should take our business to places that actually care about our children. Its not like the company doesn't have enough money to help them out.
wes

Jonesboro, AR

#2 Jan 17, 2013
That's awful. I use mine all the time at chick fil a and have no problem... Of course you expect that from them they are awesome! Ditch Taco Bell food is nasty anyway.

Jonesboro, AR

#3 Jan 17, 2013
Why don't you find out who owns the local Taco Bell Franchise and then go to the corporate office and ask them why they do not honor the school partners card.

I will not post the name here, but I think the Taco Bells in this area are owned and operated by a local company.
smoke

Blytheville, AR

#4 Jan 17, 2013
you should just stay home if your too poor for Taco Bell.
milo

Brookland, AR

#5 Jan 17, 2013
Owned by Wallace fowler and fowler foods.
lol

Jonesboro, AR

#6 Jan 17, 2013
school supporter wrote:
Don't you just love how we purchase the school partners discount cards to support our schools then find out Taco Bell doesn't give discounts any longer. Maybe we should take our business to places that actually care about our children. Its not like the company doesn't have enough money to help them out.
I'm sure they wouldn't mind losing your small business considering you're probably not spending much if you're upset over 10%.
hola

Jonesboro, AR

#7 Jan 17, 2013
tacos make me poot.
school supporter

Blytheville, AR

#8 Jan 17, 2013
lol wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sure they wouldn't mind losing your small business considering you're probably not spending much if you're upset over 10%.
Apparently you are not smart enough to understand the point I was trying to make. It's not about the 10 %. It's about hard working people trying to make a difference in our schools and purchasing these cards to find out that they don't care enough to honor them.( I know everyone has their own opinion about it) Thanks
school supporter

Blytheville, AR

#9 Jan 17, 2013
Guest wrote:
Why don't you find out who owns the local Taco Bell Franchise and then go to the corporate office and ask them why they do not honor the school partners card.

I will not post the name here, but I think the Taco Bells in this area are owned and operated by a local company.
I have actually called and I never received a returned phone call from them. Apparently the district manager never looked into it.
Black

Fayetteville, AR

#10 Jan 17, 2013
"It's not like the company doesn't have enough money to help them out." Interesting attitude. Of course, it's always easier to be generous with other people's money.

If you're so concerned about "making a difference in our schools," why don't you just donate money? Sounds like you're not willing to do it unless you get a fast food discount in exchange.
me just saying

Brookland, AR

#11 Jan 18, 2013
school supporter wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently you are not smart enough to understand the point I was trying to make. It's not about the 10 %. It's about hard working people trying to make a difference in our schools and purchasing these cards to find out that they don't care enough to honor them.( I know everyone has their own opinion about it) Thanks
then you really don't care about the schools. Sounds like for you it is all about getting cheaper food since you are so concerned about getting your discounts.
reader

Little Rock, AR

#12 Jan 18, 2013
school supporter wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not about the 10%- of course, your reason for posting was that you weren't getting the discount. Too late to backpeddle.

Paragould, AR

#14 Jan 18, 2013
The 10% of programs are not worth the time or effort from the business point of view. Most business make about a 12% Return if they give away 10% then they only make 2%. In order for these programs to work the business must see a 20-22% increase in sales. This will not happen. Most of the time the 10% off is a good will guesture not a money making opprotunity.

United States

#15 Jan 18, 2013
guest wrote:
The 10% of programs are not worth the time or effort from the business point of view. Most business make about a 12% Return if they give away 10% then they only make 2%. In order for these programs to work the business must see a 20-22% increase in sales. This will not happen. Most of the time the 10% off is a good will guesture not a money making opprotunity.
Assuming what you say is true....where's Taco Bell's good will?

“ phd in clinical ignorance”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#16 Jan 18, 2013
if taco bell promised to honor the card and had their name printed either in a booklet or on the card they have an obligation to fulfill the contractual agreement.
i haven't had one of those cards recently, but i assure you that if they turned it down i would make them wish they had taken it.
school supporter is justified in the complaint.
um

State University, AR

#17 Jan 18, 2013
I know this isn't about college... But asu students get a 10% discount. So they do support something.
me just saying

Brookland, AR

#18 Jan 18, 2013
Professor Know It All wrote:
if taco bell promised to honor the card and had their name printed either in a booklet or on the card they have an obligation to fulfill the contractual agreement.
i haven't had one of those cards recently, but i assure you that if they turned it down i would make them wish they had taken it.
school supporter is justified in the complaint.
it is up to the local owners whether or not to honor any discounts. Taco bell will honor it but not at all locations. The school supporter is not really a school supporter if that jerk was only getting the coupons for the discounts. If they have a gripe, it is the fowlers they need to contact- not taco bell.

Jonesboro, AR

#19 Jan 19, 2013
The school sponser cards are local. If you bought a card in Paragould, for instance, you shouldn't automatically expect that Jonesboro area restaurants are participating. You didn't say where you bought the card, or what Taco Bell you wanted to honor it so it's hard to know if you actually have a valid complaint.

“ phd in clinical ignorance”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#20 Jan 19, 2013
the cards usually come with booklets showing the locations that have agreed to accept them.
me just saying wrote:
<quoted text>
it is up to the local owners whether or not to honor any discounts. Taco bell will honor it but not at all locations. The school supporter is not really a school supporter if that jerk was only getting the coupons for the discounts. If they have a gripe, it is the fowlers they need to contact- not taco bell.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Breaking: Charlottesville Confirmed Agitprop St... 2 min guest 5
subordinate rivers that run in the backyard 31 min jerry 9
Remove all statues of the civil war when 33 min Capt Obvious 4
What They’re NOT Telling You About The Charlott... 36 min guest 62
Democrats and Libtards 53 min Guest 1
Savage Asks, ‘When Did Nationalism Become Nazism?’ 1 hr Capt Obvious 25
Sex Without Condoms (Jul '10) 1 hr guest 147
Founding Fathers Proslavery 1 hr guest 44

Jonesboro Jobs

More from around the web