Republican War Against Women Continues

Republican War Against Women Continues

Posted in the Jonesboro Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Sep 09

o------------><-----------o

#1 Feb 15, 2013
The stupidest thing they are now doing is seeking to legally ban breasts. But I'll get to that in a moment.

Before the election I posted a thread with a list of some of the attacks the Republican Party was making against us. If anyone wishes to read it I'll post the link.

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/london-ky/TC6...

But the fact that their attacks on our (women's) rights cost them the election the Republican Party hasn't learned a thing from it. It's continuing the same as before.

Since the election along with continuing to attack fair pay laws, the pill, abortion, and other elements of our rights, these four things caught my attention.

Guess what? Since the election still another Republican leader has said we cannot become pregnant from rape. I thought we had cleared that up? I guess not.

Second, the Republicans in North Carolina have submitted a bill which would make it illegal for a woman to show her breasts (excluding breastfeeding). What is totally crazy about it is it will be a 'felony' for even a first offense. By North Carolina laws theft under $1000, various types of assault, and many other real crimes are only misdemeanors. But showing nipples ..... a felony with real jail time. Are Republicans this afraid of women's breasts?

The bill says it would be a crime to show 'the nipple, or any portion of the areola, of the human female breast'. Maybe I missed something in biology class but don't guys also have nipples?

Bring back the days of the religious-extremist puritans, huh?

I count this as still another attack on women by the religious drumbeaters which have taken over the Republican Party.

Third, is how Conservatives have very vocally opposed women filling combat roles in time of war.

Fourth. A New Mexico Republican bill would criminalize abortions after rape ..... get this one ..... as 'Tampering With Evidence'.

It would legally require rape victims to carry their pregnancies to term in order to use the fetus as evidence for a rape trial.

The bill would add this as a new section to the law covering tampering with evidence .....

"Tampering with evidence shall include procuring or facilitating an abortion, or compelling or coercing another to obtain an abortion, of a fetus that is the result of criminal sexual penetration or incest with the intent to destroy evidence of the crime."

Notice also there is 'no' exclusion for children impregnated by rape or incest, or for pregnancies which could for health reasons endanger the life of the rape victim.

This is a deceitful way of bypassing a US Supreme Court ruling.

Judged:

15

15

13

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
guest

Jonesboro, AR

#3 Feb 15, 2013
Do you think Hillary Clinton should be president?

Does it matter if she is a woman?

Not stepping on your thread. Just want to know what you think.
Guest

Desoto, TX

#4 Feb 15, 2013
___Jenny___ wrote:
The stupidest thing they are now doing is seeking to legally ban breasts. But I'll get to that in a moment.
Before the election I posted a thread with a list of some of the attacks the Republican Party was making against us. If anyone wishes to read it I'll post the link.
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/london-ky/TC6...
But the fact that their attacks on our (women's) rights cost them the election the Republican Party hasn't learned a thing from it. It's continuing the same as before.
Since the election along with continuing to attack fair pay laws, the pill, abortion, and other elements of our rights, these four things caught my attention.
Guess what? Since the election still another Republican leader has said we cannot become pregnant from rape. I thought we had cleared that up? I guess not.
Second, the Republicans in North Carolina have submitted a bill which would make it illegal for a woman to show her breasts (excluding breastfeeding). What is totally crazy about it is it will be a 'felony' for even a first offense. By North Carolina laws theft under $1000, various types of assault, and many other real crimes are only misdemeanors. But showing nipples ..... a felony with real jail time. Are Republicans this afraid of women's breasts?
The bill says it would be a crime to show 'the nipple, or any portion of the areola, of the human female breast'. Maybe I missed something in biology class but don't guys also have nipples?
Bring back the days of the religious-extremist puritans, huh?
I count this as still another attack on women by the religious drumbeaters which have taken over the Republican Party.
Third, is how Conservatives have very vocally opposed women filling combat roles in time of war.
Fourth. A New Mexico Republican bill would criminalize abortions after rape ..... get this one ..... as 'Tampering With Evidence'.
It would legally require rape victims to carry their pregnancies to term in order to use the fetus as evidence for a rape trial.
The bill would add this as a new section to the law covering tampering with evidence .....
"Tampering with evidence shall include procuring or facilitating an abortion, or compelling or coercing another to obtain an abortion, of a fetus that is the result of criminal sexual penetration or incest with the intent to destroy evidence of the crime."
Notice also there is 'no' exclusion for children impregnated by rape or incest, or for pregnancies which could for health reasons endanger the life of the rape victim.
This is a deceitful way of bypassing a US Supreme Court ruling.
What flavor Kool-Aid did you say you are drinking?
Jim

United States

#5 Feb 15, 2013
___Jenny___ wrote:
The stupidest thing they are now doing is seeking to legally ban breasts. But I'll get to that in a moment.

Before the election I posted a thread with a list of some of the attacks the Republican Party was making against us. If anyone wishes to read it I'll post the link.

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/london-ky/TC6...

But the fact that their attacks on our (women's) rights cost them the election the Republican Party hasn't learned a thing from it. It's continuing the same as before.

Since the election along with continuing to attack fair pay laws, the pill, abortion, and other elements of our rights, these four things caught my attention.

Guess what? Since the election still another Republican leader has said we cannot become pregnant from rape. I thought we had cleared that up? I guess not.

Second, the Republicans in North Carolina have submitted a bill which would make it illegal for a woman to show her breasts (excluding breastfeeding). What is totally crazy about it is it will be a 'felony' for even a first offense. By North Carolina laws theft under $1000, various types of assault, and many other real crimes are only misdemeanors. But showing nipples ..... a felony with real jail time. Are Republicans this afraid of women's breasts?

The bill says it would be a crime to show 'the nipple, or any portion of the areola, of the human female breast'. Maybe I missed something in biology class but don't guys also have nipples?

Bring back the days of the religious-extremist puritans, huh?

I count this as still another attack on women by the religious drumbeaters which have taken over the Republican Party.

Third, is how Conservatives have very vocally opposed women filling combat roles in time of war.

Fourth. A New Mexico Republican bill would criminalize abortions after rape ..... get this one ..... as 'Tampering With Evidence'.

It would legally require rape victims to carry their pregnancies to term in order to use the fetus as evidence for a rape trial.

The bill would add this as a new section to the law covering tampering with evidence .....

"Tampering with evidence shall include procuring or facilitating an abortion, or compelling or coercing another to obtain an abortion, of a fetus that is the result of criminal sexual penetration or incest with the intent to destroy evidence of the crime."

Notice also there is 'no' exclusion for children impregnated by rape or incest, or for pregnancies which could for health reasons endanger the life of the rape victim.

This is a deceitful way of bypassing a US Supreme Court ruling.
And the demoRATS are banning PENISES!
guest

Jonesboro, AR

#6 Feb 15, 2013
I saw on CNN today an organization of women (I forget the name because it was too stupid to remember) are up in arms over Obama constantly referring to women as "wives, daughters, sisters and partners."

Complain, complain, complain.

“With Attitude”

Since: Jan 12

.

#8 Feb 16, 2013
WOW! After reading the last 3 posts ~~ another Democrat win coming in 2016.

70.4 million is the # of women who voted. Not just registered but voted. 60.7 million is the # of men who voted.

Keep peeving off women & see what happens in national elections ~~ we fry you.

Since: Oct 12

Rock Forever

#9 Feb 16, 2013
Truthfully, if the republicans ever want to hold the white house again they better suck up to or at least leave the women alone. I switched through several tv channels on election night and every one of them remarked about the turnout of women. If they want abortion leave them alone and let them keep it, and if they want equal pay laws give it to them.
Be a Man

Jonesboro, AR

#10 Feb 16, 2013
Lost In The Continuum wrote:
Truthfully, if the republicans ever want to hold the white house again they better suck up to or at least leave the women alone. I switched through several tv channels on election night and every one of them remarked about the turnout of women. If they want abortion leave them alone and let them keep it, and if they want equal pay laws give it to them.
Yep, we need to give em exactly what they want... shove it down their throats and up their a55es.
Repeal the 19th Amendment and get the government out of the charity business. Grow a set of balls and starting kicking all these useless sacks of sh1t off of the government tit. Women voting are the reason our nation is in the economic black hole that is sucking us down today. Bill Clinton and Borat Obama are not your babies' daddies. Find that scumbag who pumped you full and have him pay for your snot-nose brats. Stop giving welfare hoes more money to produce more illiterate kids with even more hands out. Stop taxing the life out of the WORKING TAXPAYERS so that fathers have time to spend with their families and cultivate morality and work-ethic.

If you need more helpful advice, just ask. As a real man, I'm always glad to help.
guest

Jonesboro, AR

#11 Feb 17, 2013
really

Since: Sep 09

o------------><-----------o

#12 Feb 24, 2013
'Violence Against Women Act'

I wonder if the House will block the 'Violence Against Women Act' like they did last year? Earlier this month it passed the Senate with only 22 votes against it ..... all 22 opposing votes were Republican men. But luckily the women Republican Senators voted this time by conscience and what was right rather than Party line.

Kentucky's Mitch McConnell voted against it. Which isn't surprising since last year he also spoke out in opposition to giving Kentucky women EPO protections from ex-boyfriends. Kentucky is only one of four states in the nation which does not give that protection under their EPO laws.

Why for two years has the Republican Party opposed 'every' bill which helps women? Not just some, like the Violence Against Women Act and Fair Pay Act, but opposed 'every' bill? They have at the state level even repealed fair pay laws.

I guess I should add in case anyone hasn't heard. The Republicans right now are still blocking the 'Paycheck Fairness Act'.
Left2TheBack

Springdale, AR

#13 Feb 24, 2013
'Violence Against Men Act'

Where is this one?

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
guest

Jonesboro, AR

#14 Feb 24, 2013
What war on women? Women can chose to have a baby or cause a baby to never live. That is top notch GOD status. We've come a long way baby!(God I mean)
Fo Show

Mayflower, AR

#15 Feb 24, 2013
The Republican party has internal problems because they courted the radically right wing Tea Baggers financed by the Koch brothers and now these extremist are hurting the party image, most especially with women. There have been over 2000 proposals for laws disenfranchising women of their rights proposed both nationally and particuarly by various state legislatures where these nuts have won elections. The baggers are extorting the main stream Republican congressmen by threatening to run someone against them in primaries if they don't tow the line on these extreme proposals. They have systematically offended so many voting groups and the war on women should prove to be their undoing. Unless the GOP leadership are able to steer their party back on track, I'm betting it's going to be a Republican blood letting in the 2014. I expect there is going to be a major backlash over their treatment of women.
you lack brains

Houston, AR

#16 Feb 24, 2013
Left2TheBack wrote:
'Violence Against Men Act'
Where is this one?
Maybe because there's so much violence against women solely because they're women.
Inhabitant

Springdale, AR

#18 Feb 25, 2013
you lack brains wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe because there's so much violence against women solely because they're women.
So, there are no laws what so ever, already in effect that address this?

you lack brains
IsThisNameTaken

Jonesboro, AR

#19 Feb 25, 2013
Fo Show wrote:
The Republican party has internal problems because they courted the radically right wing Tea Baggers financed by the Koch brothers and now these extremist are hurting the party image, most especially with women. There have been over 2000 proposals for laws disenfranchising women of their rights proposed both nationally and particuarly by various state legislatures where these nuts have won elections. The baggers are extorting the main stream Republican congressmen by threatening to run someone against them in primaries if they don't tow the line on these extreme proposals. They have systematically offended so many voting groups and the war on women should prove to be their undoing. Unless the GOP leadership are able to steer their party back on track, I'm betting it's going to be a Republican blood letting in the 2014. I expect there is going to be a major backlash over their treatment of women.
Bullshit. There is no "war on women" except in the liberal media. We have the same rights we always have had. It is ridiculous that any woman in her right mind would buy into those lies.

By the way, I'm a woman.
Inhabitant

Springdale, AR

#20 Feb 25, 2013
Sounds like the Feminazis are trying to relive their youth.

Since: Sep 08

Neon City Oh.

#21 Feb 25, 2013
The Christian taliban will want American women to wear burqas.

Schools to kids, get an education, eat right, and get plenty of exercise.
Fundis to kids, that is just commie satanism.

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2013/02/22/1...
Inhabitant

Springdale, AR

#22 Feb 25, 2013
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
And the demoRATS are banning PENISES!
The Feminazis have labeled them as "assault weapons."
Inhabitant

Springdale, AR

#23 Feb 25, 2013
WDRussell wrote:
The Christian taliban will want American women to wear burqas.
Schools to kids, get an education, eat right, and get plenty of exercise.
Fundis to kids, that is just commie satanism.
http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2013/02/22/1...
Obamy want to indoctrinate the "youts" at an even earlier age than now.

Even though programs like "Project Head Start" have FAILED to live up to expectations. All these programs have done is waste tax payer funds under the Leftist Socialist Re-distribution of wealth schemes Democrats love so well.

Destroy G-D.

Destroy the family.

Destroy the nation.

Obbbbbbbbbaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aa!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Whatever happened to morals and modesty in Jone... 10 min they are awful 9
why hasn't god came back? 22 min dull needle 157
DNC Convention 2016: Soviet Flags, Palestinian ... 25 min guest 6
CCC Forum Failing Miserably 27 min guest 41
His secret life and you're not part of it. 49 min Facebook sick 4
Melania speech plaguerzed 1 hr Rupert B Jigglebo... 142
Wasserman Schultz resigning as party leader 1 hr guest 43
Hillary Most Honest Candidate Ever 1 hr Lexi 861
"Crooked Hillary" ? 4 hr guest 118

Jonesboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jonesboro Mortgages