First Prev
of 4
Next Last
GuestA

Haslet, TX

#1 Feb 21, 2013
Where is the money that was collected from the increased sales tax? Is it in an account or someone's pocket?

Jonesboro, AR

#2 Feb 21, 2013
It is all spent except for about $700,000 odd thousands of dollars.....and the Bono lake is no where near complete. If they think $700,000 is gonna finish that mud pit, they are crazy. I tell everyone to go out and check the progress they tout is being done out there........go see what $3.3 million buys you!
GuestA

Haslet, TX

#3 Feb 22, 2013
Guest wrote:
It is all spent except for about $700,000 odd thousands of dollars.....and the Bono lake is no where near complete. If they think $700,000 is gonna finish that mud pit, they are crazy. I tell everyone to go out and check the progress they tout is being done out there........go see what $3.3 million buys you!
Who did the work and was paid that amount? I heard their was an engineering firm overlooking the project and was given large dollar amounts on request. Who actually was responsible for writing the payments?

Jonesboro, AR

#4 Feb 22, 2013
GuestA wrote:
<quoted text>
Who did the work and was paid that amount? I heard their was an engineering firm overlooking the project and was given large dollar amounts on request. Who actually was responsible for writing the payments?
I dont remember their names, but they switched engineering firms. You can call County Judges office and they can tell you. If I remember, the old firm said that the damn slurry wall wouldnt be able to hold water because it wasnt made by the right soil. Then last year, they switched firms, and all of a sudden the soil is right for a damn and can work? Something is fishy here. Wonder who inspects everything to make sure everything is safe and on the up and up out there?
James

Providence, UT

#5 Feb 23, 2013
Why is anybody surprised? You vote in tax hikes of all kinds and have for years and it's never once gone for what the lying politicians say it will. Remember that tax hike that was supposed to be for improving your security regarding cops and firemen? Yeah, right.
GuestA

United States

#6 Feb 23, 2013
James wrote:
Why is anybody surprised? You vote in tax hikes of all kinds and have for years and it's never once gone for what the lying politicians say it will. Remember that tax hike that was supposed to be for improving your security regarding cops and firemen? Yeah, right.
It was a big fat lie AGAIN.

Jonesboro, AR

#7 Feb 23, 2013
Well 95% of people are like sheep, they follow and believe everything that is told to them. They think everything they read on the news and watch on TV is true, never questioning anything. That is what is wrong with the U.S. The ONLY thing you hear about the Bono lake on kait8 is how well it is going out there. No one questions why 5 years has went by and over $3 million has been spent, and the lake is not even half complete! We are talking about $4 million of the tax payers money almost gone and it seems no one cares. I tell everyone, that everytime they go on the news on tout how well it is going out there and what progress is going on, to drive out there and see for yourself the so called progress. Looks like about 5 years worth of progress that was only supposed to take 2 years!
dem bones

Jonesboro, AR

#8 Feb 24, 2013
That money became Obama's stash, to pay for free cell phones.

Jonesboro, AR

#9 Feb 24, 2013
You ever notice that when Kait8 does a story out there, they film in front of a dirtmover or and back hoe, they never show a wide shot of the "so called" progress? They have never showed it, its always them interviewing the county judge in front of a truck or backhoe and never a wide shot of the lake itself. Thats why I want everyone to go out there, every once in a while, and determine for your self the so called progress. This all started in 2007, it is now 2013.....go look at $4 million dollar mud pit.

Jonesboro, AR

#10 Feb 24, 2013
Need to clue a Memphis TV station in on this, the Fair grounds mess too!
hooey

Bentonville, AR

#11 Feb 24, 2013
There is no telling how much money has went under the table on this. The 3 h's (Haas, Haines and Hill) are probably filthy rich because of the whole thing. When was the stupid thing supposed to be finished anyway? I thought it was like 2009 or 2010. We will probably never see it!
GuestA

Lockhart, TX

#12 Feb 24, 2013
guest wrote:
You ever notice that when Kait8 does a story out there, they film in front of a dirtmover or and back hoe, they never show a wide shot of the "so called" progress? They have never showed it, its always them interviewing the county judge in front of a truck or backhoe and never a wide shot of the lake itself. Thats why I want everyone to go out there, every once in a while, and determine for your self the so called progress. This all started in 2007, it is now 2013.....go look at $4 million dollar mud pit.
They never ask any real questions either.
hahaha

Jonesboro, AR

#13 Feb 24, 2013
The money was secretly funeled to the Sheriffs Office to pay for those big raises. And for all the raises that the rest of the county got this year. OH wait there were no raises for the county this year was there. Except for the buddy promotions at the Sheriffs Office.
wwbd

Elizabeth, NJ

#14 Feb 24, 2013
hhhh

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/jonesboro-ar/...

wowowowowo
sssss
bbbbb

wwbd
what would bubba do?
Tom

Jonesboro, AR

#15 Feb 25, 2013
Where is it in Bono I drive through Bono a few times a day but I can't find the place where the Lake is suppose to be can u tell me where it's probably not gonna be at? Thanks

Jonesboro, AR

#17 Feb 25, 2013
Tom wrote:
Where is it in Bono I drive through Bono a few times a day but I can't find the place where the Lake is suppose to be can u tell me where it's probably not gonna be at? Thanks
I forgot what county road it is on...maybe 364 or 365? If you go to Bono the back way, off of hwy 318, after you go over to 4 small hills on 318 coming into Bono, it is the county road to the right. It is right before the church on the right hand side. Take a right on whatever county road that is, it is a gravel road, and go about 3 or 4 miles and it is on the right. You can not miss it trust me. They have it roped off and there is contruction mobile homes and dirt movers parked there. It isnt much to see. It honestly looks like it is not even half complete, go take a look for your self.
Ewe Too

State University, AR

#18 Feb 25, 2013
Whatever happened to investigative reporting in this town? Hey, KAIT & Jonesboro Sun are you guys awake??? Hasn't this Bono lake circus gone on long enough to warrant some kind of investigation? We can't depend on the authorities to do it because it would be self incriminating. What a fiasco!

Jonesboro, AR

#19 Feb 25, 2013
Ewe Too wrote:
Whatever happened to investigative reporting in this town? Hey, KAIT & Jonesboro Sun are you guys awake??? Hasn't this Bono lake circus gone on long enough to warrant some kind of investigation? We can't depend on the authorities to do it because it would be self incriminating. What a fiasco!
Well Kait8 depends on revenue from advertising so they are not gonna make any waves in the water. Chris Wessell, the Jonesboro Sun editor, is about the only one that I have read to make much noise about anything in this town. Seems like he is the only one with some nuggets to say anything about it. I like reading his editorials, they are to the point and dont take any sides. He has written about the Bono lake fiasco a few times, you can go back on the archives on the Sun and read them.

What gets me, and I have said this before, when the Nancy Nelms mess came about, they all jumped on her like a pack of wolves and that was just over $300,000. I am not taking up for Nancy Nelms and I am glad she is out of county office, but this is $4 million of tax payer money we are talking about. When the Nancy Nelms thing happened, Kait8 had a story it seemed every other night, it was in the paper seemed like every day, and it seemed like a public uproar was going on. I sit back and just shake my head because $300,000 is just pocket change to the Bono Lake mud pit.
Ewe Too

State University, AR

#20 Feb 26, 2013
What's that guys name on 12.30 AM radio...Paul Harold? He was raising cane about the crooked sidewalks the city poured on Phillips Drive and how much it cost on the radio the other day. Hey Paul Harold what about this multi-million dollar bottomless pit?

“ phd in clinical ignorance”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#21 Feb 26, 2013
excellent idea, here is a link to his website.

http://www.answerto.us/
Ewe Too wrote:
What's that guys name on 12.30 AM radio...Paul Harold? He was raising cane about the crooked sidewalks the city poured on Phillips Drive and how much it cost on the radio the other day. Hey Paul Harold what about this multi-million dollar bottomless pit?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Demos BQ 8 min guest 7
Former burger joint name ? 20 min mew 7
Vote Harold Copenhaver for Mayor so his family ... 24 min quest 8
Proof Hillary Staged Pickle Stunt 39 min guest 13
Trump in Louisiana 47 min SSOB 86
Mooney Law Firm? (Aug '14) 52 min Inthesun 34
Trump is Hillarys worst nightmare 1 hr guest 4
Dear Demogaycrat Commies 2 hr SSOB 13
Dear Republicans 2 hr guest 38

Jonesboro Jobs