Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2011

Judged:

I love the poses where people are hiding behind a tree and peeking out , classic
MOM

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2011

Check our Sara Long Photography on Facebook. People actually pay this woman, I can't believe it. I have a digial camera people come let me take your picture.lol
yeap

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2011

Check out Lisa Dix. And think again. What a joke.

Since: Mar 11

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2011

wife wrote:
What is up with anyone with a camera thinking they are a photographer? Have you noticed all the "photographers" with a facebook page. I can't believe some people pay some of these people their sitting fees of over 100. Just because you have a nice camera and photo editing software doesn't mean you are worthy of having this business you are not trained for.
I tend to think that anyone wit ha camera is interested in photography. Photographers have at least some experience and anyone wanting to hire a photographer should check out their portfolio. I am an amatuer artistic photographer and my portfolio includeds tens of thousands of photos. But I only show my best and those are with a photography magazine.

To mee, a sitting fee should be reserved for the services of professional photographers.

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2011

Judged:

I don't understand how Captured by Cottingham has so many clients. She is seriously terrible & her clients end up looking like "dolls" which I guess if that's the look you're going for then have at it but it's not natural looking to say the least.

But omg - the best ones are the ones who make their clients look like they have zombie eyes lmao.
smile

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2011

http://www.facebook.com/ #!/salvocreative?sk=photos

Doesn't look like he's had many clients, but his stuff is fantastic. I think he's one to keep an eye on.

Looks like he's got more background then just whooo I went and bought myself a digital camera!
thought

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2011

I saw a post of someone asking for a photographer. Not sure but maybe one of these will flit the bill.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2011

Judged:

I just had pictures taken by 'Captured by Cottingham' & they're awesome! She did a great job & went out of her way for us. My baby wasn't looking in some & she went through & photoshopped a picture of him from a different shot & put it on a good picture. It looks Amazing & you'd never know. Ive seen lots of ppl who "think" they're photographers but y'all are wrong about her. There's a reason she has all those clients! She's good!!

North Richland Hills, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2011

Judged:

Guest wrote:
I just had pictures taken by 'Captured by Cottingham' & they're awesome! She did a great job & went out of her way for us. My baby wasn't looking in some & she went through & photoshopped a picture of him from a different shot & put it on a good picture. It looks Amazing & you'd never know. Ive seen lots of ppl who "think" they're photographers but y'all are wrong about her. There's a reason she has all those clients! She's good!!
Her actual photography isn't bad, she just photoshops her clients beyond oblivion. She needs to lay off the blur tool. There are ways to photoshop skin and still keep it natural looking but it's more time consuming so all these photographers take the easy way out but it doesn't look good. And the zombie eyes are the worst - nobody has eyes that bright. There's also a fine line between enhancing & overdoing. If she would take the photos and hire a professional graphic designer/photo editor to edit her photos I think she would be amazing.

For example look at this photography:
http://stefanimarcus.com/main.html & http://stefanimarcusphotography.com/blog

Hers are enhanced, very clear and natural. If Jonesboro photographers could learn this they would be great. Most of them are actually decent photographers - the problem lies in their lack of photoshop skills. Replacing heads is easy, btw.
mmm

State University, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2011

Judged:

No who's horrible is Lindsey Turner! Her prices are ridiculous, all her pictures are the same with different people, she's been around for a while and still can't afford to get a studio, she can't edit, and on top of that she's always trying to "steal" other people's clients!!
And who the crap is EM photography?!? LMAO but my 2 year old daughter could do better! That person totally uses picnik and half her pictures are BLURRRRYYYY!
yupper

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2011

Judged:

I totally agree with the EXTREME over editing...there are a few that I think do a good job. Amber Kennon has an eye for it for sure. She doesn't over edit to death. There is also another girl I have seen lately...Natalie Gray shes good too. We can't just write off all of the free lancers. Everyone has to start somewhere. It certainly takes more than just a good camera and those that don't have any talent won't make it. The cream will rise to the top;)
life goes on

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2011

guest wrote:
What make sme cringe is people taking important pics at kid events ect with cell phones, wow I would never do that
Um what about people like me whose cell phone has more megapixels than my digital camera??? Lol
Friend

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2011

Judged:

All of you people who are on here bashing people that take pictures are the worst kind of coward there is. Why don't you tell them to their faces what you think instead of hiding behind a computer? If you don't like their pictures then don't use them. Evidently there are alot of other people who do like them. I happen to be one of the people who like one of those that you are bashing on here but I'm not bashing the others. Would you want someone bashing you on here? Does it make you feel like a big person? You all need to learn to treat others like you want to be treated. Shame on everyone of you!

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2011

It's like real estate was a few years ago. Everybody and there brother was an agent on the side because they new somebody who was making money from it, thought it's was something ray they could do too. What will happen is that the market will become too saturated. The good/talented ones who are good at self promotion will make it. The nit-wits will find the next easy money craze to get into.

I agree. It's an art form. You either have a talent and hone your skills or find something else.

Let's deregulate dentistry, put out a few 'Dentistry for Dummies' books, let Sams Club sell dental equipment and see what goes. People will go back to appreciating real expertise versus 'enough to be dangerous'. Lol

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2011

Judged:

life goes on wrote:
<quoted text>
Um what about people like me whose cell phone has more megapixels than my digital camera??? Lol
more megapixels does not equal more quality, especially when talking about cell phone camera sensors

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2011

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
more megapixels does not equal more quality, especially when talking about cell phone camera sensors
Really more megapixels does = more quality lol!
true

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2011

Judged:

That is true, there's a difference n point-and-shoot digital cams, cell phone cams, and dslr digital cams mega pixels. Of course it's OBVIOUS which is the best. I've seen some actual new comers on Facebook doing really well and actually take VERY good pictures! I think captured by cottingham is good with families and kids. I've seen this bewitched one that's actually good with different kinds too fairly new, A big fav is sara burges. I believe they will all make it if they keep up their good work

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2011

Judged:

I just got Photoshop Elements and an iPhone 4. I'm looking for people interested in a wedding photographer.

Since: Mar 11

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2011

guest wrote:
I just got Photoshop Elements and an iPhone 4. I'm looking for people interested in a wedding photographer.
iPhone 4 only has 5 MP resolution and even with PS Elements, you cannot bump it up sufficiently.

I use a Canon Rebel EOS. If you decide to be a photographer, I suggest RAW. Your iPad/iPhone will read the file and you can use FilterStorm to color balance, crop, and much more. iPad would be the obvious choice as it will process higher resolutions and allow for more control.

If possible, use Photoshop CS or such. Elements may work fine, but I do nit know if it has RAW file support.
Whhhhaaa

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2011

mmm wrote:
No who's horrible is Lindsey Turner! Her prices are ridiculous, all her pictures are the same with different people, she's been around for a while and still can't afford to get a studio, she can't edit, and on top of that she's always trying to "steal" other people's clients!!
And who the crap is EM photography?!? LMAO but my 2 year old daughter could do better! That person totally uses picnik and half her pictures
are BLURRRRYYYY!

EM photgraphy is a JOKE!!!! so is the one by Jessica swindle! Both these chicks use picnik for sure and suck at taking pictures!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of51
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

142 Users are viewing the Jonesboro Forum right now

Search the Jonesboro Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Wet/Dry issue 12 min Black 207
Wreck on 63 on 7-21-14 14 min rip Mary 9
Baggers Used to Bltch about Jack Booted Thugs b... 16 min Guest 20
Are you supposed to tip the car hops at Sonic? (Sep '08) 33 min guest 531
milita heading to the border 1 hr squeezers 396
Texas N.G. Will cost $12 per month 1 hr Rupert B Jigglebottom 10
Duck Dynasty --- is it over? 1 hr Rupert B Jigglebottom 32
•••
•••