family friend

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Does any one have any experience with this facility?
family friend

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Has anyone had any experience with this hospital?
jack

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Yes, don't go there. Poor quality care.
LPN

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

I've had family treated there multiple times as well as a friend. One multiple times for surgeries. Satisfaction from all of them. I've been satisfied with their care.

Longview, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

This is a 50/50 post. You will get both positive and negatives on all hospitals in this area. All seem to have random issues with patient care.
medic

Paragould, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

yep, Paragould hospital will kill you. Everyblody knows that. St. Benard has had to do a big de germing. But have a state of the art wireless medical reporting stations that put the orders out to be directed, read and acted upon in a, spot on response. All the best doctors operate there. NEA staff have to multi task via a blue tooth type radio device to locate and direct for needs and old fashion charts that they spend over half the night filling out the once a week going back over them to make sure they have all their bases, or asses covered. Multi-tasking does sounds good, but, ask the state police about how well folks preform while driving and talking/listening on cell phones. Or better yet get behind someone at the green light who is oblivious to anything but their ear bud. Multi-tasking does not work, Google it. In a hospital it is a human life you are giving half your attention to. I'm blowing the horn on that. Guest 50/50 which hospital do you obviously work for as a pencil pusher. The post asked for experiences folk on here have had, not your guess work. I been there. Go watch and learn, then make a comment that is pertinent. Some people each day are looking to go to a hospital and are intelligently trying to find the one with better odds than 50/50.

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Medic. I don't work for either. The way the post was going is the reason for my response. My job does have me visiting both hospitals directly and I have several friends working at both in capacities from custodial to RN's. I think either one is fine. I was just saying that those that have had bad experience will try to sway one to go somewhere else but fact is, bad things can happen at any hospital.
Anonymous

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

If you go to the ER at NEA they expect to be paid up front. If you have insurance, it doesn't matter that you only have a co-pay for ER visits, they want you to pay them your deductible. Even if you have already paid it. No thank you!

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

medic wrote:
yep, Paragould hospital will kill you. Everyblody knows that. St. Benard has had to do a big de germing. But have a state of the art wireless medical reporting stations that put the orders out to be directed, read and acted upon in a, spot on response. All the best doctors operate there. NEA staff have to multi task via a blue tooth type radio device to locate and direct for needs and old fashion charts that they spend over half the night filling out the once a week going back over them to make sure they have all their bases, or asses covered. Multi-tasking does sounds good, but, ask the state police about how well folks preform while driving and talking/listening on cell phones. Or better yet get behind someone at the green light who is oblivious to anything but their ear bud. Multi-tasking does not work, Google it. In a hospital it is a human life you are giving half your attention to. I'm blowing the horn on that. Guest 50/50 which hospital do you obviously work for as a pencil pusher. The post asked for experiences folk on here have had, not your guess work. I been there. Go watch and learn, then make a comment that is pertinent. Some people each day are looking to go to a hospital and are intelligently trying to find the one with better odds than 50/50.
NEA is in the process of changing those old fashioned paper charts

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

BelinKS wrote:
If you go to the ER at NEA they expect to be paid up front. If you have insurance, it doesn't matter that you only have a co-pay for ER visits, they want you to pay them your deductible. Even if you have already paid it. No thank you!
That's no longer true
They are a charitable not for profit hospital- same as StB since Baptist bought them
swf30

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

BelinKS wrote:
That must be something new because I had to go a couple of years ago and I didn't pay a dime until I got my bill in the mail!!!!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

16,500 for a heart cath there. National average is
6,500, kind of pricey.
Anonymous

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
That's no longer true
They are a charitable not for profit hospital- same as StB since Baptist bought them
Read their policies. It still requires the money upfront. It doesn't matter if the call themselves non-profit, it doesn't make them charitable. They have some work to do to make this hospital fall in line with the Baptist in Memphis. The NEA part of the name refers to the doctors, not the area. The doctors are for profit.
65namegame

State University, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

I worked at St. B. enjoyed my job very much, so I'm not bashing. However I know that the all-electronic med records and computers in each room has been a nightmare to much of the nursing staff. I've also been a patient there, and every single LPN and RN who cared for me complained about Meditech. The training was substandard and the glitches in the system are a daily occurence. Going to computerized records is not in itself a reason to choose one hospital over another. Especially when the system is not perfected.

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

BelinKS wrote:
<quoted text>Read their policies. It still requires the money upfront. It doesn't matter if the call themselves non-profit, it doesn't make them charitable. They have some work to do to make this hospital fall in line with the Baptist in Memphis. The NEA part of the name refers to the doctors, not the area. The doctors are for profit.
The clinic is also nonprofit. Federal Medicare rules of participation require them to collect regardless. StB's does not follow the policy but Baptist does.

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

BelinKS wrote:
<quoted text>Read their policies. It still requires the money upfront. It doesn't matter if the call themselves non-profit, it doesn't make them charitable. They have some work to do to make this hospital fall in line with the Baptist in Memphis. The NEA part of the name refers to the doctors, not the area. The doctors are for profit.
I was in the NEABaptist ER just over a year ago for a nonemergency, but was in intractable pain and severe vomiting. I was not required to pay a PENNY up front. I received my bill in the mail and paid it then.

A lot of things are changing with the hospital being built, clinic wide and hospital wide. There is a new electronic health record program being put into place for one.

Also they call themselves nonprofit CHARITABLE
Anonymous

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
I was in the NEABaptist ER just over a year ago for a nonemergency, but was in intractable pain and severe vomiting. I was not required to pay a PENNY up front. I received my bill in the mail and paid it then.
A lot of things are changing with the hospital being built, clinic wide and hospital wide. There is a new electronic health record program being put into place for one.
Also they call themselves nonprofit CHARITABLE
I don't know who they are charitable to. I have SLE lupus that has not gone into remission for 7 years. My son had a bone marrow transplant and now has chronic graft vs host disease. We have no income right now. NEA Baptist will not treat either of us without us having to come up with a lot of money. So if people in our position do not qualify for charitable care, who does? St. Bernard's does do care for us without us having to pay. We do not have health insurance. Cannot afford it and would be considered pre-existing anyway. With Obama's health care plan coming, the insurance companies that will accept pre-existing conditions charge thousands of dollars a month. Even then there is fine print that keeps them from paying.

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

BelinKS wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know who they are charitable to. I have SLE lupus that has not gone into remission for 7 years. My son had a bone marrow transplant and now has chronic graft vs host disease. We have no income right now. NEA Baptist will not treat either of us without us having to come up with a lot of money. So if people in our position do not qualify for charitable care, who does? St. Bernard's does do care for us without us having to pay. We do not have health insurance. Cannot afford it and would be considered pre-existing anyway. With Obama's health care plan coming, the insurance companies that will accept pre-existing conditions charge thousands of dollars a month. Even then there is fine print that keeps them from paying.
Not receiving those treatment sounds like a doctor's decision in the CLINICAL setting, not the hospital/emergency room.

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

BelinKS wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know who they are charitable to. I have SLE lupus that has not gone into remission for 7 years. My son had a bone marrow transplant and now has chronic graft vs host disease. We have no income right now. NEA Baptist will not treat either of us without us having to come up with a lot of money. So if people in our position do not qualify for charitable care, who does? St. Bernard's does do care for us without us having to pay. We do not have health insurance. Cannot afford it and would be considered pre-existing anyway. With Obama's health care plan coming, the insurance companies that will accept pre-existing conditions charge thousands of dollars a month. Even then there is fine print that keeps them from paying.
You have no income. You can't afford medical care or health insurance but you can afford to throw a huge extravagant party with custom made dresses for your daughters 15th birthday.
I personally would think you and your child's health would be more important. Guess not....
1h2g3fd

Paragould, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no income. You can't afford medical care or health insurance but you can afford to throw a huge extravagant party with custom made dresses for your daughters 15th birthday.
I personally would think you and your child's health would be more important. Guess not....
0ff T0254r1fhd1s2,xnc,v.b,0h3qwert y456-+321h*987654321zxcvbn0
as=01e

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of28
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

140 Users are viewing the Jonesboro Forum right now

Search the Jonesboro Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Biggest breasts in Jonesboro? 18 min lmao 14
Simple things my 8yr old understands but libera... 33 min ted 64
Not well read just MSNBC fed 52 min ted 16
strong arm repair 1 hr funny 11
Woooohoooo KFC gots corsages just in time for prom 1 hr liberal lynn 7
Wicca (Jul '09) 1 hr Corvidae Emporium 47
Western lawmakers gather in Utah to talk federa... 1 hr AmericanIdiots 1
Is Barton Farley really just Mouse, Warty, Rupe... 2 hr I dont care 71
Being gay is wrong!!! (Feb '10) 4 hr Rose_NoHo 4,362