Comments
1 - 20 of 40 Comments Last updated Dec 4, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Red Wolf

Mckinney, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Dec 2, 2012
 
He is the next head coach of Idaho. The Vandals has a combined record of 19-36 for the past 4 years. They went 1-11 this past year and will leave the WAC to go independent next year. Rumors abound that Idaho back go back down the Championship Subdivision.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/i...

Sounds like a poor place to start as a HC.
BoB

Van Buren, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Dec 2, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Red Wolf wrote:
He is the next head coach of Idaho. The Vandals has a combined record of 19-36 for the past 4 years. They went 1-11 this past year and will leave the WAC to go independent next year. Rumors abound that Idaho back go back down the Championship Subdivision.
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/i...
Sounds like a poor place to start as a HC.
I think it's better than no job at all and nothing more. Obvioulsly, the new razorback coach will clean house which would mean another petrino out on the street.
Wouldn't it be funny he hired brother bobby and built a great team from nothing. Wouldn't that make all the self-righteous hog fans poop their pants.
guesssso

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Dec 2, 2012
 
BoB wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's better than no job at all and nothing more. Obvioulsly, the new razorback coach will clean house which would mean another petrino out on the street.
Wouldn't it be funny he hired brother bobby and built a great team from nothing. Wouldn't that make all the self-righteous hog fans poop their pants.
I saw his play calling this year, unless he hires Bobby he has no chance. You'd think after all those years with Bobby some of the play calling genius would've rubbed off on him.
Red Wolf

Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Dec 2, 2012
 
I know that usually a new HC usually cleans house but Paul's best offer is Idaho? Kinda lame don't ya think?
hog32

Paragould, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Dec 2, 2012
 
Red Wolf wrote:
I know that usually a new HC usually cleans house but Paul's best offer is Idaho? Kinda lame don't ya think?
As lame as his play calling. That being said I wish him that best of luck.
bus is leaving

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Dec 2, 2012
 
Gus bus is heading auburn that's funny
Red Wolf

Grand Prairie, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Dec 2, 2012
 
bus is leaving wrote:
Gus bus is heading auburn that's funny
Really? do tell more. What makes you think Gus is going to Auburn?
Red Wolf

Grand Prairie, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Dec 2, 2012
 
hog32 wrote:
<quoted text>
As lame as his play calling. That being said I wish him that best of luck.
Well you guys know more about Razorback football than I do, I'll take your work for it. He's got his work cut out for him that's for sure. I'm also thinking that stAte and Idaho are in the process of scheduling for 2013
hog32

Paragould, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Dec 2, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Red Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Well you guys know more about Razorback football than I do, I'll take your work for it. He's got his work cut out for him that's for sure. I'm also thinking that stAte and Idaho are in the process of scheduling for 2013
Should be an easy win for y'all. Btw congratulations to all asu fans for the big win Saturday.
Black

Fayetteville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Dec 2, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Red Wolf wrote:
I know that usually a new HC usually cleans house but Paul's best offer is Idaho? Kinda lame don't ya think?
Why is it "lame?"
guest

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Dec 2, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Black is an arrogant prik and we don't agree often, but here we do.

Why is it lame to go to Idaho?

Since: Aug 10

Cathouse Mouse

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Dec 2, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Paul Petrino has never been anything more than a WR Coach. He got out of Bobby's shadaow twice - once when going to Illinois, and again this season and he met with disaster both times.

Bobby was/is always the author of his team's offense.

I expect Bobby will be hired this week by either Tennessee, or (probably) Auburn. By this time next year, Paul will join Bobby at that specific school and once again become his offensive co-ordinator.

I hope Arkansas never again hires a coach who has a brother in coaching.
Red Wolf

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Dec 2, 2012
 
Black wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it "lame?"
it's a long story. I'll explain on Monday
Red Wolf

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Dec 2, 2012
 
hog32 wrote:
<quoted text>
Should be an easy win for y'all. Btw congratulations to all asu fans for the big win Saturday.
I don't know if it will be easy but thanks for the congrats. Heard Arkansas is going to hire the Boise State coach and announce it on Tuesday.
Red Wolf

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Dec 2, 2012
 
Cathouse Mouse wrote:
Paul Petrino has never been anything more than a WR Coach. He got out of Bobby's shadaow twice - once when going to Illinois, and again this season and he met with disaster both times.
Bobby was/is always the author of his team's offense.
I expect Bobby will be hired this week by either Tennessee, or (probably) Auburn. By this time next year, Paul will join Bobby at that specific school and once again become his offensive co-ordinator.
I hope Arkansas never again hires a coach who has a brother in coaching.
Bobby is a hard sell due to his PR problems.
are you being serious

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Dec 2, 2012
 
Cathouse Mouse wrote:
Paul Petrino has never been anything more than a WR Coach. He got out of Bobby's shadaow twice - once when going to Illinois, and again this season and he met with disaster both times.

Bobby was/is always the author of his team's offense.

I expect Bobby will be hired this week by either Tennessee, or (probably) Auburn. By this time next year, Paul will join Bobby at that specific school and once again become his offensive co-ordinator.

I hope Arkansas never again hires a coach who has a brother in coaching.
So you wouldn't take the stoops brothers ? I would take all 3
one who knows

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Dec 3, 2012
 
Tenn will Hire him and spank you hogs harder than he spanked gurlfriend !!!!! Game will be over quicker than a motocycle wreck
hog32

Paragould, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Dec 3, 2012
 
Red Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know if it will be easy but thanks for the congrats. Heard Arkansas is going to hire the Boise State coach and announce it on Tuesday.
Been hearing all kinds of rumors. But I would love to get Chris Peterson away from Boise. But I'm not sure he would leave there for any job, he has been offered lots of good jobs before. Like I said I would love to have him seems like not only a good coach but a good man as well.

Since: Aug 10

Cathouse Mouse

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Dec 3, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Stoops brothers?

No
No
and
nope.

Chris Peterson will not leave Boise State. Exception; If Kelly leaves Oregon for the NFL, Peterson might consider the Oregon job.

Note; Peterson would have zero recruiting advantages in the South, especially in Texas where it is crucial for Arkansas recruiting efforts. To further stress the importance of having a coach with Texas ties is the fact that we now have aTm in the SEC.

What I am hearing, which is as meaningless as what anyone else is "hearing" is ..... If Art Briles declines the offer to coach at Arkansas, Jeff Long will board a plane with a blank check and head to Jonesboro.

The next head coach will likely be Art Briles from Baylor.
Legit br

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Dec 3, 2012
 
Black wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it "lame?"
Lol Paul isn't qualified to coach high school, terrible play calling all season so he should be lucky he even got offered a head coaching job.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

86 Users are viewing the Jonesboro Forum right now

Search the Jonesboro Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 5 min Speller feller 28,958
White flags over bridge 28 min Aloha 5
Children Exposed To Religion Have Trouble Knowi... 39 min guest 7
Wet/Dry issue 1 hr Guest 221
Welkum&go 1 hr guest 33
Methodist family health jobs 1 hr Social W 6
AR Who do you support for Commissioner of State La... (Oct '10) 1 hr caller 257
Baggers Used to Bltch about Jack Booted Thugs b... 1 hr Fo Show 31
milita heading to the border 3 hr Fo Show 410
Duck Dynasty --- is it over? 3 hr Disclaimer 40
Busloads Of Illegals Shopping At Walmart With E... 3 hr Hello 57
•••
•••
•••
Jonesboro Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Jonesboro Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Jonesboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Jonesboro News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Jonesboro
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••