"Shugga Shane" Chastain

"Shugga Shane" Chastain

Posted in the Jonesboro Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
real musician

Hurricane, WV

#1 May 12, 2009
I would like to know how many musicians in town have quit going to Guit Down Music store because of "Shugga" Shane Chastain. Is it just me or is he the most obnoxious little prick ever to THINK he is a good musician. I personally think he is a no talent loser, what do you think?
musician

United States

#2 May 12, 2009
shugga shane is a one of the biggest pricks i have ever met...he has no talent and for some odd reason thinks he is a celebrity...he has no idea how to run sound and no natural ability...he should be a dj and leave the playin to the big dogs...
musician

United States

#3 May 12, 2009
i wont go to guit down because of shane and that ignorant matt pierce...pierce is as bad as shane when it comes to arrogance...and pierce is terribly overrated...ive seen him play several times and he plays the same ole tired blues pentatonic scale over and over (why do u think he plays blues all the time)....and his tone is awful.
former guit down customer

Lake Charles, LA

#4 May 12, 2009
musician wrote:
i wont go to guit down because of shane and that ignorant matt pierce...pierce is as bad as shane when it comes to arrogance...and pierce is terribly overrated...ive seen him play several times and he plays the same ole tired blues pentatonic scale over and over (why do u think he plays blues all the time)....and his tone is awful.
I don't really agree with you about Matt's playing, he's really one of the best guitarists around here. His country licks are just as impressive as his blues licks. And his tone is great. He is lacking some in the personality department, but not nearly as bad as Shane. Matt should get rid of Shane and concentrate on making Guit Down what it started out to be, a MUSIC store with occsional music performances. Shane should not be trying to run sound or playing anywhere for money, but if there is an award for
"biggest ass kisser" in Jonesboro, he would win hands down. He is not a celebrity or even liked by the majority of real musicians in town. That is a fact. He totally overrates HIMSELF. He's still better than that crazy bastard Terry Cooksey though. But that's about it.
Cooksey-be-da-ma n

Jacksonville, AR

#5 May 12, 2009
You don't know a thing about me. You are the crazy bastard. I get along with everybody except christians and jealous posers. Always have. You christians and posers never stop struggling TRYING to slander and insult your way past me and over me. But you never had a chance and never will. You supreme hypocrites should spend your time judging yourselves and working on improving your poor little helpless selves like humans do.
The past 5 years of you talentless posers blaming ME because Jonesboro has no music scene is what makes YOU the crazy bastards that YOU are. I'm just about the ONLY one who has supported LOCAL music around here. Matt Pierce is another one of us rare supporters of LOCAL music. But I agree with "musician" from paragould about Matt's playing. You little retards have some big piles of your own shit to eat REALLLLLLLLLL soon ! Now that your poser scene is all but completely dried up...REAL musicians like us are preparing to re-take our places as THE great musicians this area has always known us to be. But hear me loudly and clearly.........anyone who wants to work together and START supporting LOCAL music and talent,(NO mental, uh metal POSERS), can speak up NOW. Lets work together to open up band owned venues, a weekly cable TV show about LOCAL bands and music, organized local music info, a band merchandise store and some more great old ideas that are necessary to sustain a great local music scene. Find things we can all AGREE on, and let the REAL musicians stop including the posers and their constant drama queen rants and PURE empty headed hype/lies ! Fans love great music played by great musicians, and the hordes of posers have NEVER provided that at all the past 7 years. The past emptiness of the posers is all but over, and talent and musicianship are taking over AGAIN ! Thanks Matt for your support of LOCAL music. Shane Chastain is not worth talking about. He plays the anti-christ church circuit, since he's a poser. I don't hate him. I just have never considered him to be a real musician. I know he could care less. Probably as little as I care about the jealous rants of the posers and their christian bigot brothers !
Nutso

Russellville, AR

#6 May 12, 2009
Cooksey-be-da-man wrote:
You don't know a thing about me. You are the crazy bastard. I get along with everybody except christians and jealous posers. Always have. You christians and posers never stop struggling TRYING to slander and insult your way past me and over me. But you never had a chance and never will. You supreme hypocrites should spend your time judging yourselves and working on improving your poor little helpless selves like humans do.
The past 5 years of you talentless posers blaming ME because Jonesboro has no music scene is what makes YOU the crazy bastards that YOU are. I'm just about the ONLY one who has supported LOCAL music around here. Matt Pierce is another one of us rare supporters of LOCAL music. But I agree with "musician" from paragould about Matt's playing. You little retards have some big piles of your own shit to eat REALLLLLLLLLL soon ! Now that your poser scene is all but completely dried up...REAL musicians like us are preparing to re-take our places as THE great musicians this area has always known us to be. But hear me loudly and clearly.........anyone who wants to work together and START supporting LOCAL music and talent,(NO mental, uh metal POSERS), can speak up NOW. Lets work together to open up band owned venues, a weekly cable TV show about LOCAL bands and music, organized local music info, a band merchandise store and some more great old ideas that are necessary to sustain a great local music scene. Find things we can all AGREE on, and let the REAL musicians stop including the posers and their constant drama queen rants and PURE empty headed hype/lies ! Fans love great music played by great musicians, and the hordes of posers have NEVER provided that at all the past 7 years. The past emptiness of the posers is all but over, and talent and musicianship are taking over AGAIN ! Thanks Matt for your support of LOCAL music. Shane Chastain is not worth talking about. He plays the anti-christ church circuit, since he's a poser. I don't hate him. I just have never considered him to be a real musician. I know he could care less. Probably as little as I care about the jealous rants of the posers and their christian bigot brothers !
Dude, you should seriously re-read I mean really read and soak in your own lil rant here and then drive directly to St. Bernard's Behavioral Health ... do not pass go, do not collect $200. Just tell the intake personnel that you watched "Rockstar" with Walberg for like the 100th time, did some meth, and then got on the computer.
Good_username

Jacksonville, AR

#7 May 12, 2009
Your username describes YOU perfectly, poser. and btw...how was YOUR treatment at St Bernard's Behavioral Health for your meth addiction ? I don't take drugs. But you posers ALWAYS attack and insult anyone talking positive or supporting LOCAL music. YOU are THE PROOF of why your poser hype scene failed and has all but disappeared ! You are INCAPABLE of normal, rational speech or behavior. Prove me wrong. You only prove me RIGHT so far.
Name your ACCOMPLISHMENTS....IF and WHEN you get some ! THAT is what defines YOU as the empty headed poser you are. You have no talent or accomplishments, so you dwell on shortcuts like hype, lies, slandering real musicians and the constant drama queen nutso crap ! But thanks for the fresh demonstration of how right these facts are.
Like I said......But hear me loudly and clearly.........anyone who wants to work together and START supporting LOCAL music and talent,(NO mental, uh metal POSERS), can speak up NOW. Lets work together to open up band owned venues, a weekly cable TV show about LOCAL bands and music, organized local music info, a band merchandise store and some more great old ideas that are necessary to sustain a great local music scene.
THIS is what's important....NOT your jealous empty headed poser rants from losers with NO ACCOMPLISHMENTS.
Hmmm

Jonesboro, AR

#8 May 12, 2009
As a big fan of live music, this thread sheds some light on why there hasn't been an organized, coordinated, coopertive effort among working musicians and live music fans. The ideas voiced above about highlighting and exposing NE Arkansas to the musical talent we have here are good, solid ideas. Unfortunatley, the venom in which it's presented likely turns any and all seriously interested folks away. I appreciate the passion evidenced, but maybe a more constructive and inclusive approach might serve your purposes better. By inclusive - meaning identifying common ground which we as music lovers share and can agree on versus incoherent rambling about who sucks and who doesn't. What difference does it make, if a guy/gal isn't a very good musician they can still advance and contribute the cause of live music. People understand that someone's musical ability evolves over time and are usually pretty appreciative of the effort. Your gonna get a whole lot further with honey than vineger.
Good_username

Jacksonville, AR

#9 May 12, 2009
Hmmm wrote:
As a big fan of live music, this thread sheds some light on why there hasn't been an organized, coordinated, coopertive effort among working musicians and live music fans. The ideas voiced above about highlighting and exposing NE Arkansas to the musical talent we have here are good, solid ideas. Unfortunatley, the venom in which it's presented likely turns any and all seriously interested folks away. I appreciate the passion evidenced, but maybe a more constructive and inclusive approach might serve your purposes better. By inclusive - meaning identifying common ground which we as music lovers share and can agree on versus incoherent rambling about who sucks and who doesn't. What difference does it make, if a guy/gal isn't a very good musician they can still advance and contribute the cause of live music. People understand that someone's musical ability evolves over time and are usually pretty appreciative of the effort. Your gonna get a whole lot further with honey than vineger.
I have the means to get these things done NOW....and uh 15 years ago. IF and WHEN these new bands want a real lasting music scene, they'll START working together and we can ALL get these things done to benefit all bands and musicians. It's not human for grown men to whine about NOT doing or having things we want. But no matter how many times I have offered to get these things done for all musicians, none of them will ever lift a finger to help themselves. I think they can never be serious enough to think about any future in music, since they don't care about a music scene, just whatever feeds their egos TODAY. THey want to be somebody and don;t really care about being musicians. I try and reach the few that are working on getting better, like normal rational people do. Everyone CAN be better. But I agree with your overview of things. So talking about it is necessary, not "venom" as you say.
Rastaman

Lake Charles, LA

#10 May 12, 2009
Had to listen to Shane while having dinner at the Brickhouse a while back...just him & a piano.......Geez,it was pretty bad,& i normally won't put Musicians down,being one myself...seems like ever three tunes were Billy Joel songs...'nuff said...
former guit down customer

Lake Charles, LA

#11 May 12, 2009
Rastaman wrote:
Had to listen to Shane while having dinner at the Brickhouse a while back...just him & a piano.......Geez,it was pretty bad,& i normally won't put Musicians down,being one myself...seems like ever three tunes were Billy Joel songs...'nuff said...
Yep. That's about it. You said it when you said "HAD to" listen to Shane at the Brickhouse.
The only reason he even gets a gig there is that his head is all the way up Matt Pierce's ass.
Which is what you have to do to get a gig at the Brickhouse anyway. Not worth it. Shane is a little ego maniac with NO reason to be. Actually he is a LOT like Terry Cooksey after all. Although maybe not a dangerous psycopath like Cooksey, just a similar type of ass hole.
Sad

Everton, MO

#12 May 12, 2009
what is up with using the word "posers" isn't everyone poseing as someone from our past... my gosh you sound like my 16 year old son... thanks for the laugh...
zombierat

Jonesboro, AR

#13 May 12, 2009
Cooksey actually has a few good ideas as far as bands working together. To bad he has no people skills and comes off as an mental arrogant prick.
jackie

Terrell, TX

#14 May 12, 2009
Nutso wrote:
<quoted text>Dude, you should seriously re-read I mean really read and soak in your own lil rant here and then drive directly to St. Bernard's Behavioral Health ... do not pass go, do not collect $200. Just tell the intake personnel that you watched "Rockstar" with Walberg for like the 100th time, did some meth, and then got on the computer.
haha...I know nothin bout this dude but youv'e convinced me this dude has to be a douch and prolly a little too old-fashioned and set-in-his ways to accept anything new or different.
guest

United States

#15 May 12, 2009
shanes hat cracks me up i mean realy?
jackie

Terrell, TX

#16 May 12, 2009
haha...I want to meet him. He sounds very diluted and entertaining!
Cooksey-be-da-ma n

United States

#17 May 13, 2009
former guit down customer wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. That's about it. You said it when you said "HAD to" listen to Shane at the Brickhouse.
The only reason he even gets a gig there is that his head is all the way up Matt Pierce's ass.
Which is what you have to do to get a gig at the Brickhouse anyway. Not worth it. Shane is a little ego maniac with NO reason to be. Actually he is a LOT like Terry Cooksey after all. Although maybe not a dangerous psycopath like Cooksey, just a similar type of ass hole.
Wrong christian psychopath ! Back that up with some proof ! Name ONE person I have ever hurt physically ? Yea I know. You are just a low life christian scum bag spewing your hate, because YOU are filled with hate. Stop using ME as YOUR excuse for being filled with hate. I haven't done anything to anyone, except terrify blood thirsty christians with THE TRUTH.
Everything I say is said in a mild tone of voice and with perfectly good intentions. I live a peaceful, loving life and always have. THe pathetic thing is how YOU can NEVER say or do anything positive or constructive. THAT is what is "dangerous" to you ! Try shutting your empty mouth and THINK about getting back to reality. I will NEVER be the slanderous crap you christians and posers claim I am. 100% of those who know me, know I am highly intelligent, greatly talented, kind, loving, peaceful and generous. I have saved many lives. I am the ONLY person in this town that has gotten people off drugs, around 4-500 people; something I am SURE is also "dangerous" to you.
Cooksey-be-da-ma n

United States

#18 May 13, 2009
zombierat wrote:
Cooksey actually has a few good ideas as far as bands working together. To bad he has no people skills and comes off as an mental arrogant prick.
And you come off as a nazi psychopath who despises reality and has yet to get in touch with reality. YOU are the "mental arrogant prick". You can take the most constructive, civilized posts and YOUR perverted sick dead christian soul turns them into the sick shit that YOU ARE. But I am well aware of how you christians pervert and rape innocence everywhere you see it.
FACT: TO this day NOT ONE NEW BAND HAS DONE ANYTHING TO SUPPORT LOCAL MUSIC. You're too busy with all this slanderous, hate filled drama queen BS to ever even have a CHANCE to begin to act normal. Until you christian poser scum bags post YOUR FIRST rational, constructive post, NOTHING you post can ever be considered as fact. But as most of you posers believe....Reality is "dangerous" to all of you. Get yourselves CHANGED, pencil neck posers !
and uh.....I see none of you are interested in all the positive, constructive things I posted. THAT tells the WHOLE story about ALL of you. PERIOD.
Sorry

Clovis, NM

#19 May 13, 2009
I'll not step one foot back in Guit Down as longs as that little jerk works there.
yep

Gregory, AR

#21 May 13, 2009
Sorry wrote:
I'll not step one foot back in Guit Down as longs as that little jerk works there.
He is a little man-child.That place and the Brick House has a shelf life.That doctor has lost so much money.He had bands everyday of the week when they 1st opened. I jumped on that shit and got $500 for a trio on a Wednesday.I thought lets go get that stupid money while it lasts. Sure enough they went down to "weekend bands" and "acoustic duos". Big city ideas in a one horse town.There is not any clientele for it in or around here.People get pissed about that but its a fact it is like 1976 around here.Too rural always will be.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
remember when these businesses were here? (Jul '08) 39 min Biguglyguy 876
The Bill Clinton Double Standard 56 min USAisgoing2Hell 63
Holiday Cooking 1 hr what is for dinner 5
Garbage pick up?? (Dec '14) 1 hr private is the wa... 19
Most annoying person on Facebook (Sep '13) 1 hr FBgets hacked 26
donate plasama (Sep '08) 1 hr OMG 45
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 3 hr Reality Check 40,779

Jonesboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jonesboro Mortgages