John Brady ASU Basketball Coach

Posted in the Jonesboro Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Needstogo

Little Rock, AR

#1 Dec 21, 2012
Does he need to leave? He has had several years to prove himself ? I think it's time for a new Coach. Anybody agree?

Jonesboro, AR

#2 Dec 21, 2012
It's not the coach that's the problem. Brady has been to the final four. No way he will ever get decent recruits at a place like ASU however. Not enough money available here.
unknown

Searcy, AR

#3 Dec 22, 2012
Needstogo wrote:
Does he need to leave? He has had several years to prove himself ? I think it's time for a new Coach. Anybody agree?
And replace with who?
James

United States

#4 Dec 22, 2012
4,000 people in the stands. Impressive. Lol. Next Level!

Jonesboro, AR

#5 Dec 22, 2012
Yes! John Brady needs to go! ASU supposedly got ride of dickey nutt because he wasn't winning ad attendance had fallen. I can not see where Coach Brady has helped any of those things. Attendance is just over 2,000 a game. The games are so boring, even if we win.
My family has been season ticket holders of men's basketball and football at ASU for over 20 years. John Brady may have been to the final four, but he hasn't done much for the program at ASU.
On another note, he has the moral fiber of an alley cat! He talks to those players like I wouldn't want my worst enemies talked to! He throws around the F bomb like crazy, among lots of other horrible words. He has a very difficult time control himself and his angry. Like I said, we have season tickets in the lower level and we see and hear every word that comes out of his mouth. It's sad that I have to explain to my kids why a grown man, who is suppose to be setting examples for the players and the other kids in the community, acts in such a distasteful manner! I say bring back Dickie and Kathy Nutt! He may not be the winningest coach, but at least you knew it was safe to let your kids sit near the bench and not hear such horrible things! Morals, integrity, and good values over someone like John Brady every day!

Since: Aug 10

Cathouse Mouse

#6 Dec 22, 2012
John Brady is the most highly decorated coach ASU has ever hired. If he leaves the sidelines, it should only be to move up to the AD position. He would do more for the growth in revenue coming into that university than anyone in Jonesboro could ever even imagine possible.
Ok cat

Little Rock, AR

#7 Dec 22, 2012
Brady and Cathouse Mouse are the same person ? Now everybody knows who he is.LMAO

Jonesboro, AR

#8 Dec 22, 2012
ASU sports suck and always have. STOP blaming the coaches.

“My mind....”

Since: Jul 09

was a terrible thing to waste

#9 Dec 22, 2012
Ok cat wrote:
Brady and Cathouse Mouse are the same person ? Now everybody knows who he is.LMAO
Yep.... you figured him out.
guest482

Jonesboro, AR

#10 Dec 22, 2012
guest wrote:
ASU sports suck and always have. STOP blaming the coaches.
Suck? Nah, above average at the least.
Yes

Kearny, NJ

#11 Dec 27, 2012
Needstogo wrote:
its about time for Brady to leave. He can leave his wife but he needs to go . Poor coach, not the brand of Basketball to attract good players or even a decent crowd! Would rather watch paint dry then see his offense score. He has one phrase and that is all he says over and over and over. Guess what.? I like what we are doing but ---------- Please let him do it elsewhere? Able our new AD will figure it out ?

Jonesboro, AR

#12 Dec 27, 2012
Guest wrote:
Yes! John Brady needs to go! ASU supposedly got ride of dickey nutt because he wasn't winning ad attendance had fallen. I can not see where Coach Brady has helped any of those things. Attendance is just over 2,000 a game. The games are so boring, even if we win.
My family has been season ticket holders of men's basketball and football at ASU for over 20 years. John Brady may have been to the final four, but he hasn't done much for the program at ASU.
On another note, he has the moral fiber of an alley cat! He talks to those players like I wouldn't want my worst enemies talked to! He throws around the F bomb like crazy, among lots of other horrible words. He has a very difficult time control himself and his angry. Like I said, we have season tickets in the lower level and we see and hear every word that comes out of his mouth. It's sad that I have to explain to my kids why a grown man, who is suppose to be setting examples for the players and the other kids in the community, acts in such a distasteful manner! I say bring back Dickie and Kathy Nutt! He may not be the winningest coach, but at least you knew it was safe to let your kids sit near the bench and not hear such horrible things! Morals, integrity, and good values over someone like John Brady every day!
Well you can't really control Coach Brady's mouth or any other coach'sbut you CAN control where you sit. I would never have stayed in your seats for one game if it's as bad as you say. Stay home or sit somewhere else. IMO you should be ashamed for continuing to expose your children to that. It was your choice to sit there. Dickie Nutt- ha ha ha ha ha- no way.
guest482

Jonesboro, AR

#13 Dec 27, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>Well you can't really control Coach Brady's mouth or any other coach'sbut you CAN control where you sit. I would never have stayed in your seats for one game if it's as bad as you say. Stay home or sit somewhere else. IMO you should be ashamed for continuing to expose your children to that. It was your choice to sit there. Dickie Nutt- ha ha ha ha ha- no way.
Something you need to get into your head.. He is a college level basketball coach, passion can drive players. If my dad hadn't treated me with the passion for sports that he had I wouldn't have been half the athlete I was/am
Carlos Devega

Jonesboro, AR

#14 Dec 27, 2012
I'm out of prison and back on topix ho's

John Brady should stay , he represents the best of ASU , half way decent and not good enough
About time

United States

#15 Dec 27, 2012
He finally let his team play tonight !! Guess he figured out what to do ?? Everybody but him knew what he needed to do !
Lacy

Little Rock, AR

#16 Dec 27, 2012
If the athletic director can't control the cuss words coming out of his mouth then they both need to go. I was thinking about getting seats in the lower level but know way if you can hear the f word. I though I could read his lips but I said surely not from someone who has been to a final four. Think you would ever hear Dukes, North Carolina, or any other top coach talk like that? Well ok maybe Hudspeth at West Virginia
guest482

Jonesboro, AR

#17 Dec 27, 2012
Lacy wrote:
If the athletic director can't control the cuss words coming out of his mouth then they both need to go. I was thinking about getting seats in the lower level but know way if you can hear the f word. I though I could read his lips but I said surely not from someone who has been to a final four. Think you would ever hear Dukes, North Carolina, or any other top coach talk like that? Well ok maybe Hudspeth at West Virginia
Just searched on YouTube for Coach K and Roy Williams. Both curse, get technicals, all that fun stuff. Why? Because they're college coaches, they coach men. This isn't elementary school.
Coach Patrick

Little Rock, AR

#18 Dec 27, 2012
You show me where Coack K or Williams have ever called one of their players a fu&$ing idiot? I've heard Brady say it more than once to his players.
wolf

Jonesboro, AR

#19 Dec 27, 2012
So cssing is allowed because tese are grown men? Wow, do you think he walks around campus and throws the f bomb to students, or maybe talk with parents? I don't think so. Be a professional and realize children are in the stands.
guest482

Jonesboro, AR

#20 Dec 28, 2012
wolf wrote:
So cssing is allowed because tese are grown men? Wow, do you think he walks around campus and throws the f bomb to students, or maybe talk with parents? I don't think so. Be a professional and realize children are in the stands.
They joined HIS team, yes, he's allowed to cuss at them. They're college athletes. I was cussed at as a kid playing sports, if you're not man enough to take a little verbal lashing from a coach as a college athlete then you should not be on any college team

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Senate Democrat Proposes Amendment Defunding To... 15 min Voter 5
Tammy May (Nov '08) 23 min guest101 174
Sasha Lachelle James 24 min guest101 105
Putting a Woman on the $20 bill? 43 min anytime 26
HOGS #1 Athletic Program in SEC 1 hr Guest 3
Snowden and Hillary Broke Same Laws... 1 hr guest 3
Hillary Rodham Clinton Popularity 1 hr RupertJigglebotto... 63
Hillary Nailed on Benghazi? 2 hr guest 44
If I don't return, just know its been real. 13 hr guest 89
Jonesboro Dating