best martial arts
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
John

United States

#28 Dec 19, 2011
How bout Perry's gym--LOL
guest

Jonesboro, AR

#29 Dec 19, 2011
Who the blue hell thinks MMA is fake? All you gotta do is watch one, ONE fight and see that it's legit. You can't fake a KO.
Ron Jeremy

United States

#30 Dec 23, 2011
Try Lee's Karate. They teach American FreeStyle Kenpo, Tae Kwon Do, Judo, MMA, and (newly added) Aiki-Jitsu. They have a trial offer that's like $20, I think. Maybe cheaper now because of holidays. All the instructors are pretty decent and down to earth. Not alot of ego floating around. We've been with them for sometime now and have no complaints.
illcallmyselfgue st

Jonesboro, AR

#31 Dec 23, 2011
what wrote:
lee's is a great place to learn martial arts. drop by and visit them . they are located behind front page cafe. hey have several types of martial art to learn.$20 for 2 trial lessons. cant go wrong to see if they are what you are looking for.
tried it. sucked. i took the 2 lessons not very hands on if you go there and try to learn and use it in a real life situation you will get hurt. not great teachers. lee barely does anything related to teaching. plus, heres a rule of thumb...if the instructor or the owner with the namesake of the business is overweight out of shape you might want to look elsewhere.
Guest

United States

#32 Dec 23, 2011
How about a place to train that doesn't charge you an arm an a leg or charge you at all? I used to train with bishops mma team and I felt like a show pony. I have nothing to prove to anyone I would just like to train and better my skills with no ego.
crazy

Blytheville, AR

#33 Dec 26, 2011
lol wrote:
get this Joey is a 5th degree black belt and Ed is a fourth degree black belt. Eugene is a 3rd degree black belt. me and my friends saw Joey slap Eugene across the face and Eugene whooped Joey's a$$ big time. Ed came running and broke up the fight between them. The only mark Eugene had was a deep scratch across the face because Joey's toenail was sharp and barely got him! Joey's feet are registered as deadly weapons ya know. Over-growth of fungus nails. Eugene tried to kick Ed missed and fell then Ed put Eugene in a choke hold. It look like the three stooges trying to do MMA!!! Then suddenly Mr. Brown came to the rescue. He told them to stop the nonsense or he would whoop all their a$$es and to come to a peace treaty he offered to cut Joey's toenails! The suddenly, Mr. Brown started twirling a baton LOST CONTROL OF IT and knocked out Ed's car window and then the fight was on again. We bailed it was just all to much. Don't know what happen after that. Last I heard Joey was going to quit MMAs to start a business in dog training.
i heard that Eugene smashed brown's head into dunn's vehicle! I saw the dent! Joey slashed eugene's tires with his toe nails! Brown tried to kick Eugene but couldn't get his leg up and split his pants in the process. Sum chic named tosha tried to convince the witnesses she was from the streets of hong kong but turned out she was just drunk. lmfao
Guest

United States

#34 Dec 26, 2011
Ex mma fighter wrote:
Depends what you wanna learn and people can say mma is fake but if you learn from the best such as Max Bishop, or Brickhouse MMA in paragould or even Memphis BJJ. Its well worth the money
It may be real, but just like all other forms of karate etc, in a real streetfight, where someone tries to rob and kill you in a flash, that crap doesn't work. Period. Learn to disable and kill with gross motor movements that do not need to be remembered when your adrenaline is rushing, and you will be much better off. Fact.
yep

Monette, AR

#35 Dec 26, 2011
you're semi right. karate is fitness and tricks. Like learning dance moves. But you'll still learn to defend yourself. Some karate dudes can kick butt and some can't do anything but tricks. I wouldnt take on a ufc fighter. But some karate dudes are overly confident and think they can fight but couldn't hold their own.
Guest

United States

#36 Dec 26, 2011
I won't "take on" anybody. I will never fight for sport or any reason other than self-defense. There is no reason for it. I take all threats seriously and if someone attacks me, I will kill them.

I will defend myself against ANYBODY...I don't care if it is a boxing expert, thug on the street, or a UFC fighter.

Sport is sport. When you are truly attacked on the street and your adrenaline takes over, all those fine motor skills learned in UFC or karate of any sort will fail you unless you are really lucky, because adrenaline kills fine motor skills. It has been proven time and again. Gross motor skills are the only thing that will consistently work.

A person who knows what they are doing can disable and kill with as little as two moves. Period.
sam

Trumann, AR

#37 Dec 27, 2011
I disagree and I agree
lol

Trumann, AR

#38 Dec 27, 2011
John wrote:
How bout Perry's gym--LOL
I thought it closed down because his wife left him for cheating?
a moms opinion

Conway, AR

#39 Jan 2, 2012
what wrote:
lee's is a great place to learn martial arts. drop by and visit them . they are located behind front page cafe. hey have several types of martial art to learn.$20 for 2 trial lessons. cant go wrong to see if they are what you are looking for.
Lee's is the best place in town. After an experience with Perry's I placed my child in Lee's and they are wonderful. People like Mr Lee, Mr Zac, Ms Angel are very hard to find these days. They truly care about my child as a person and treat him with respect. He is not just a dollar sign to them. They have kept him focused and learning new techniques as well as memorizing past ones. Just my opinion but I work hard for my money, have to pay someone to take care of him after school so why not pay someone that really cares about him!
lucky dog

Florissant, MO

#40 May 8, 2012
AngelsSing89 wrote:
paragould ATA owned and ran by Teresa Anderson
went to check out miss.andersons School. One of the best ran schools i've seen yet.located at paragould's Greacian steak house plaza ,She knows what she is doing.and she teaches you what she knows.and thats alot. she is great
lucky dog

Florissant, MO

#41 May 8, 2012
Guest wrote:
I won't "take on" anybody. I will never fight for sport or any reason other than self-defense. There is no reason for it. I take all threats seriously and if someone attacks me, I will kill them.
I will defend myself against ANYBODY...I don't care if it is a boxing expert, thug on the street, or a UFC fighter.
Sport is sport. When you are truly attacked on the street and your adrenaline takes over, all those fine motor skills learned in UFC or karate of any sort will fail you unless you are really lucky, because adrenaline kills fine motor skills. It has been proven time and again. Gross motor skills are the only thing that will consistently work.
A person who knows what they are doing can disable and kill with as little as two moves. Period.
sounds like to me,your one bad as$##$%^^&&& or you dont know the sport.mind made up, you dont know crap.i would like to take you on

Since: Mar 11

Jonesboro, AR

#42 May 27, 2012
I teach Kyokushinkai.
j-town finest

Manila, AR

#43 Jun 4, 2012
guest wrote:
Who is the best in the area? Dont say Joey Perry's place. too much of a hang out
Try Cornerstone Methodist church talk to Ashley Boles, Jonesboro's best kept secret in martial arts. Has been wrote for Black Belt magazine twice. Has no ego, open-minded, and keeps a low profile.
iheard

Trumann, AR

#45 Oct 28, 2012
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought it closed down because his wife left him for cheating?
the same story. he left Alicia for Kelly. Sad story.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CNN Meme War 20K Winner 11 min AlwaysLaughingAtU 25
Soros In Trouble As Israel Joins Hungary In Dec... 12 min AlwaysLaughingAtU 21
I've figured it out 14 min UR2Dumb2Live 35
Tomi Lahren DESTROYS CNN In Under 2 Minutes 15 min TrumpISYourPOTUS 18
John McCain 20 min TrumpISYourPOTUS 75
Bill Nye the NOT a science guy 1 hr Capt Obvious 33
Wyatt's Cafeteria (Oct '08) 7 hr Renee Fuller 39

Jonesboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jonesboro Mortgages