Where do you take children's clothes ...

Where do you take children's clothes to give to needy

Posted in the Jonesboro Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
give away

Lubbock, TX

#1 Aug 14, 2008
I have a few garbage bags full of children's clothes and instead of selling them I would like to give them to someone who needed them. Are there any places in Jonesboro or Paragould that don't resell them. I have done Goodwill before but I would rather see someone not have to pay for them. Thanks!
stb

Monette, AR

#2 Aug 14, 2008
You might try calling the women's shelter.
tc from pgould

United States

#3 Aug 14, 2008
what sizes are they and sometimes schools take them to have as extras for those children who come to school and either have accidents or come to school in dirty or not fitting clothing
tee

Jonesboro, AR

#4 Aug 14, 2008
You could call the Paragould's Children's home.
knows better

Jonesboro, AR

#5 Aug 14, 2008
the first baptist church here in jonesboro takes clothes and gives them to people that come into their health clinic that don't have anything. that would be a good option as well. i think if you have baby clothes the pregnancy resource center might take them as well.
Jonesboro

Bossier City, LA

#6 Aug 14, 2008
You could put them on Freecycle. That way you can see who gets them.
my opinion counts

State University, AR

#7 Aug 15, 2008
I wouldn't do freecycle that is not supposed to be for the needy it is to save the earth. I think the Children's home in Paragould is the best idea who is needier than children without parents.
Maizy

Dexter, MO

#8 Aug 15, 2008
The childrens home is a great place to donate to. They are working for a wonderful cause.

Jonesboro, AR

#9 Aug 15, 2008
Children's Home is a great place to take them.

Since: Aug 08

Jonesboro Arkansas

#10 Aug 17, 2008
Goodwill
curious

Lake Charles, LA

#11 Aug 17, 2008
First Baptist Church Care Center in Jonesboro
MOTHERHOOD

Lake Charles, LA

#12 Aug 17, 2008
Motherhood of Jonesboro is located in the basement of Blessed Sacrament Church {paralell to St. Bernards emergency drive}. We provide clothing infant to size 14 as well as maternity to needy families at no cost. We provided 143 children last week with 3 outfits each, so you can see we go through a lot of clothes. Underwear, shoes and coats will be the next big push as we go into fall. As with most clothes closets the greatest need is for school age clothing, boys clothing is especially difficult to come by. There is a donation bin on site or you may call the church office for more info. A tax receipt is available upon request. Please consider donating while cleaning out your closets or garage sale. Thanks
Tammy

Uniontown, PA

#13 Aug 17, 2008
Most any place that gives to the needy.Alot of churches,red cross will take them.
Baseballgranny

United States

#14 Aug 17, 2008
Motherhood ~ Do you provide clothing to anyone in need or is it just for craighead co.?
lol

Georgetown, TX

#15 Aug 18, 2008
Any childrens hom has 99% dhs kids and are well provided for, and the home itself has funding, and montary donations are allways made. Give to a shelter for the people that have nothing and no funding so it will go to who really needs it
Kids toys

Pine Bluff, AR

#16 Aug 18, 2008
Do those places take toys as well? I've got a ton of kid's toys that are still in good shape. I'm like give away - I'd rather give them to a place rather than someone sell them.
Christmas for kids

Little Elm, TX

#17 Aug 18, 2008
We take the toys,we make sure they have all there part and are not recalls. We clean them and get them ready for kids that will not get a Christmas. If you would like to donate them let me know and I will give you the email so we can work out the details.
Kids toys wrote:
Do those places take toys as well? I've got a ton of kid's toys that are still in good shape. I'm like give away - I'd rather give them to a place rather than someone sell them.
Christmas for kids

Little Elm, TX

#18 Aug 18, 2008
We are in jonesboro. I don't know how to get this Nacogdoches,Tx off and put Jonesboro on..sorry
Motherhood

Lake Charles, LA

#19 Aug 18, 2008
Baseballgranny wrote:
Motherhood ~ Do you provide clothing to anyone in need or is it just for craighead co.?
Anyone in need is welcome. Motherhood is open from 9-2 every Wednesday. We will need children's ss number.
Motherhood

Lake Charles, LA

#20 Aug 18, 2008
Kids toys wrote:
Yes we do give out toy's and would be happy to have them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How many Hillary lies about her servers? (Jun '15) 6 min guest 1,169
Why fat women are ruining the dating scene for ... 1 hr Lexi 493
Rebecca Scruggs 1 hr Guest 1
Keep a Word/Drop a Word (Fun Game) (Dec '09) 1 hr robz posts 4,831
Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe Invited Chinese D... 1 hr AbbyNormal 3
Happy Sabbath Jonesboro 1 hr AbbyNormal 23
Riley Lynn Marshall 1 hr concerned citizen 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jonesboro Mortgages