St Bernard's new Wellness Center

St Bernard's new Wellness Center

Posted in the Jonesboro Forum

Lake Charles, LA

#1 Jun 14, 2010
I read that St Bernards is going to build a Wellness and Health Center. It is about time. wonder when it will finally be built and open up??????

Baltimore, MD

#2 Jun 14, 2010
A "wellness" center that never cures anyone ! WOW. Sounds like a SICKNESS preservation center like all hospitals and doctors !
Guest 14

Lubbock, TX

#3 Jun 14, 2010
I think will be within 2 years.
StBRN

Big Spring, TX

#4 Jun 15, 2010
The wellness center will be open within the next 2 years. It will have an indoor walking track, exercise facility, and will also house certain outpatient services, such as cardiac rehab, under one roof.
Guest 14

Lubbock, TX

#5 Jun 15, 2010
I hope there will be therapy & lap pools.
helpanurse

United States

#6 Jun 15, 2010
Would'nt it be great if it included a massage therapist for stress relief!! Nurses would probably feel more like going that extra mile for people if they could get a free massage about once a week

Lubbock, TX

#7 Jun 15, 2010
helpanurse wrote:
Would'nt it be great if it included a massage therapist for stress relief!! Nurses would probably feel more like going that extra mile for people if they could get a free massage about once a week
I wouldn't mind giving non-erotic massages to the nursing staff in appreciation for their efforts.

Saint Albans, WV

#8 Jun 16, 2010
Guest 14 wrote:
I hope there will be therapy & lap pools.
Yes, there will be an aquatic center included.
great

United States

#9 Jun 16, 2010
I am glad to hear it as long as it doesn't cause the pay scale to drop again. I will be graduating with my P.T.A next spring and currently new graduates are makeing well over 60k a year. St B's is well known for paying less which causes others to do the same.
sparky

Russellville, AR

#10 Jun 16, 2010
StBRN wrote:
The wellness center will be open within the next 2 years. It will have an indoor walking track, exercise facility, and will also house certain outpatient services, such as cardiac rehab, under one roof.
Where are they going to build it?

United States

#11 Jun 16, 2010
East Matthews past Hospice.
Williamy

Cidra, Puerto Rico

#12 Nov 11, 2010
The facility will open in September of 2011. The fitness areas, including aquatics, a spa, and a cafe, will be about 55,000 sq. ft. total. It will have the best in cardiovascular equipment, strength equipment, aquatics, and exercise classes. It will be open to those in the community, and memberships will begin being sold in April or May of 2011. There will be a benefit to joining prior to opening. These medical-fitness centers are better than traditional gyms because although you can get everything you get in a gym, you also get better educated staff, a cleaner facility, and programs for all ages and health conditions. In general, they are less intimidating than the local gym, and you do not feel like you are in meat-market. It will be a beautiful facility, that will make local residents proud.

Lubbock, TX

#13 Nov 12, 2010
Williamy wrote:
The facility will open in September of 2011. The fitness areas, including aquatics, a spa, and a cafe, will be about 55,000 sq. ft. total. It will have the best in cardiovascular equipment, strength equipment, aquatics, and exercise classes. It will be open to those in the community, and memberships will begin being sold in April or May of 2011. There will be a benefit to joining prior to opening. These medical-fitness centers are better than traditional gyms because although you can get everything you get in a gym, you also get better educated staff, a cleaner facility, and programs for all ages and health conditions. In general, they are less intimidating than the local gym, and you do not feel like you are in meat-market. It will be a beautiful facility, that will make local residents proud.
Can't wait to use it!
Williamy

Cidra, Puerto Rico

#14 Nov 12, 2010
Make sure you don't sign a one-year contract at your local gym in January, or you will miss the boat on this one. ;)
Why wait

United States

#15 Nov 13, 2010
Why wait for St. B to open one? NEA already has a nice one on Phillips drive.
Williamy

Seattle, WA

#16 Nov 13, 2010
Because this new one will blow your mind when it opens! Way better!
silver sneaker

Jonesboro, AR

#17 Jul 2, 2011
Can you use your silver sneakers card?

Jonesboro, AR

#18 Jul 2, 2011
Already have my membership card and completed Fitness Evaluation.
night owl

Frisco, TX

#19 Jul 2, 2011
Why wait wrote:
Why wait for St. B to open one? NEA already has a nice one on Phillips drive.
This is going to be way bigger. You can drive by there now it's getting close to being complete as far as the exterior goes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
cnn 45 min Capt Obvious 3
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 59 min Most disgusting w... 37,444
Vote themselves out of a job 2 hr guest 10
truckasaurus vs overpass 3 hr jay 13
News Teachers express their dismay over summer 'vaca... 4 hr Joemama 35
remember when these businesses were here? (Jul '08) 4 hr History 869
CCC Vocabulary Challenged 5 hr Guest 100

Jonesboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance