Harrisburg

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2008

Has anyone sent their child there?
I've never heard of anyone going and I was just wondering what it was like, and if it is worth trying to get into.
Fan

Alexandria, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2008

It's a really great program. The kids learn a lot of independence and learn at their own pace. I love the Montessori method.

Lake Charles, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2008

I've heard it is okay, pretty pricey though. I would check into other programs as well. RCS and Presbyterian have great preschool programs.
yep

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2008

Make sure and visit the program before deciding to send your child. Many, many years ago, I sent my child there. I have a degree in early childhood and really like the Montessori method. But, once my child was enrolled, I found that it was not a good program for him. Plus, at that time, the staff was not up to par. While outside, they would sit and visit with each other instead of monitering the children. This is not a good sign. My son would cry when we would take him and beg not to stay. This was many years ago. And so, my point is, really do your research before deciding. Since that time, it has changed owners. Diana Way now owns the place----many of you may remember her ---she once ran The Learning Center.
Guest22

Alexandria, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2008

I have a degree in Early Childhood Education and did several observations there. I really liked what I saw. It doesn't, in any way, compare to the 'true' Montessori schools that you find in Memphis, Little Rock and other larger cities, but it is a good place. The most important thing to do is to go up there and observe. See if what they do and how they do it fits with your child's personality and learning style. While I love the Montessori method, it's not for every child. Some parents have complaints about it because the kids are expected to do everything on their own...wipe their own nose, serve their own food,'teach' their own lessons. It works for some, but not for others. Go check it out and see what you think.

If you decide not to go with Montessori, I would also suggest checking out places like St. Mark's, Discovery Island, Nettleton Pre-K, VV Pre-K, Jonesboro Pre-K Center, etc...there are a lot of good programs here in Jonesboro.
antoinette harris

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2009

what is a name of a great preschool teacher there
I attended that school

Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2009

I went there from Pre-K through 1st, back around '79-82. After that, I ended up going to West Elementary. I was so far ahead of the other kids, that the only way they could handle me was to send me to the library to copy encyclopedias, until someone came up with the clever idea of putting me in 3rd-grade classes for most of the day. It worked pretty well. Also ended skipping another grade when we moved to another state. I have to say that the individual attention and curriculum were well worth my parents' money. I ended up with the highest SAT score in my graduating class of 550 students. I owe it all to my parents for starving themselves to give me that head start. I have many rosy memories of that old house.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

159 Users are viewing the Jonesboro Forum right now

Search the Jonesboro Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Republicans target new female in the war on women. 4 min Ummm 79
Being gay is wrong!!! (Feb '10) 5 min Dallas Guest 4,163
Today is TAX DAY 9 min Ummm 45
What if Bundy Ranch Were Owned by a Bunch of Bl... 11 min Ummm 12
Tom Cotton endorses affordable care for every ... 15 min Ummm 24
I need a good obgyn in jonesboro, any advice? 37 min Wondering 7
Debate: Gay Marriage - Jonesboro, AR (Jul '10) 40 min GAYtheist 462
Obama warns Russia 43 min Rupert B Jigglebottom 580
heavily-armed feds surround nevada ranch... 1 hr Guest 90