arkansas cheer company
guesty guest

Paragould, AR

#42 May 5, 2009
problem wrote:
<quoted text>
All the coaches at ACC also cheered for ASU.
the coaches from acc actually coach one of the asu squads now. there really is no comparison in experience, proffesionalism or results. acc wins hands down. this entire discussion is silly.
OMG People get a life

Osceola, AR

#43 May 7, 2009
problem wrote:
Problem is Curtis is not coaching any all-star team in Jonesboro this year. He is only coaching in Marianna for Arkansas Elite. Every CU all-star team in Jonesboro will be coached by his high school son. Right now that is only 1 youth squad as they do not have enough people to field another team.
I find it so funny this post was started! Some of the people Bashing Curtis I can promise you these parents are the ones that stirred the stink at the gym and are gone now! GOOD riddance! THe only problem at either gym is the way "parents" cant be pleased! The gyms are both good! It has to be a personal preference! All I can suggest is take your child to both gyms and have a tumbling session, I am sure both offer this! Then decide! DO NOT take any of the advice from these post! Half these people walk around with a huge chip on there shoulder and cant wait to get on here and bash someone cause they are to cowardly to tell the person they have the issue with! As for Curtis and the cellphone and the not coaching.... Seriously Just get over it if ur kids isnt on a squad there then WHY does it matter to you?
I think

State University, AR

#44 May 7, 2009
you're all nuts.
Loving cheer at CU

Wynne, AR

#45 May 7, 2009
I have been with CU for three years and Curtis has nothing but positive reinforcement for the girls and they all love him. Unfortunately Curtis does not fight dirt for dirt and take the low road to all of the negative talk. Yes, as many company have--run into problem; but overall I have been soooooo pleased. Yes, there are negative things I can say about Jason when he used CU and switched to ACC, but you know--we all live and learn and I wish Jason the best---he is a good person.
lucy

Alexander, AR

#46 May 8, 2009
OMG People get a life wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it so funny this post was started! Some of the people Bashing Curtis I can promise you these parents are the ones that stirred the stink at the gym and are gone now! GOOD riddance! THe only problem at either gym is the way "parents" cant be pleased! The gyms are both good! It has to be a personal preference! All I can suggest is take your child to both gyms and have a tumbling session, I am sure both offer this! Then decide! DO NOT take any of the advice from these post! Half these people walk around with a huge chip on there shoulder and cant wait to get on here and bash someone cause they are to cowardly to tell the person they have the issue with! As for Curtis and the cellphone and the not coaching.... Seriously Just get over it if ur kids isnt on a squad there then WHY does it matter to you?
I am the one who started the thread because I wanted imput. I don't even know Curtis as a coach, but I know of him. I heard he is good and I know he coaches some school teams. Does ACC? Or are they just a competitive squad on their own?
OMG

Osceola, AR

#47 May 8, 2009
lucy wrote:
<quoted text>
I am the one who started the thread because I wanted imput. I don't even know Curtis as a coach, but I know of him. I heard he is good and I know he coaches some school teams. Does ACC? Or are they just a competitive squad on their own?
Sorry about prior post it wasn't stated properly! I feel bad you had to hear all this negative just to get input on cheer gyms! But yes ACC does have school Squads! I think they are listed on their web page! I wish you luck in whatever you decide! But please don't take all these over zealous negative comments to heart, everyone has there opinion and some aren't the best! please do note that those are the moms bashing Curtis and promoting ACC! LOL! HUMMMMMMM make me really wanna go to that gym with all its negative parents!
Checking In

Jonesboro, AR

#48 May 8, 2009
As with a lot of entrepreneurs. They are great at cheering and tumbling but maybe not so great with the business end. We use Keith @ ACC for tumbling and he's been great.
wanting to get involved

Jonesboro, AR

#49 May 8, 2009
Who isn't great with the business end?
Coach KP - ACC

Aubrey, TX

#50 May 21, 2009
Wow This is my first time actually getting on here and reading on these comments. I didnt know we were so popular!:D Well I appreciate the compliment about me being great for tumbling. I sometimes feel like when trying to compare Arkansas Cheer Company to Cheers Unlimited, its almost like comparing Apples to Oranges. Both gyms offer the same sport but when you look at the program itself, it so much different. ACC strives for progression and also producing winning teams. Although winning all the time isnt bad, when we do lose, we do teach that it is ok to lose. We try to preach that hard work is the way to go when trying to reach a goal and giving up is the easy way out. Now I cannot speak for the other program, but when people cross over, I always hear that things are much different at the other gym. From what I hear they have a different mentality about how they do things but they still teach the same sport. Bottom line on trying to chose which gym is right for you is just to try them both out. ACC's style may not suite your needs where as Cheer Unlimited's may and vice versa. The only thing I know is Arkansas Cheer Company would never turn anyone away. No matter what skill or talent level your student athlete is, we have a place for them. Come on out to Arkansas Cheer Company and learn how to cheer! Go Storm!!!
Christie

Blytheville, AR

#51 Nov 24, 2010
I am 14 and i would like to take gymnastic's. But I was wondering if y'all teach gymnastics.?
SancheZ

United States

#52 Nov 24, 2010
I'll teach you some gymnastics...

Jonesboro, AR

#53 Nov 24, 2010
My daughter doesn't want to be in "competetive cheer". She wants to be a cheerleader at her school. I need to know where to take her for lessons. She is 5 and very persistant that she wants to be a cheerleader at school. I need to know where to take her so she will be ready when the day comes.
cheer mom

Jonesboro, AR

#54 Nov 24, 2010
Guest wrote:
My daughter doesn't want to be in "competetive cheer". She wants to be a cheerleader at her school. I need to know where to take her for lessons. She is 5 and very persistant that she wants to be a cheerleader at school. I need to know where to take her so she will be ready when the day comes.
Honestly your best bet is to find a really good high school cheerleader in your district who needs extra money. It's mostly high school and college kids that teach at the gyms anyway. Of course you have to find a space to practice, but any large space will do. We use these large foam puzzle pieces for padding. I got them at Sam's. We had my daughter in a gym and when I refused to put her on the competition squad they pretty much stopped teaching her. I found a very motivated high school student and she learned more in 1 year of private lessons than she did in 4 years at the gym.

Jonesboro, AR

#55 Nov 24, 2010
Thanks
Just Sayin

Memphis, TN

#56 Dec 7, 2010
I cheered for 9 years at a school in jb and Iv been to both of them.. Love both Gyms, Love all the coaches, Learned tons from each of them. But if your wanting cheerleading ACC is the place. They teach hard work, Cleanness and are big on technique. CU is mostly gymnastics and pushes you to get your backhand spring or tuck or what ever your striving for. All my tumbling came from Curtis at CU but Brad and James at ACC was the ones who cleaned it up...
Both gyms has goods and bads about them you just have to want it and handle to be in this sport..

Paragould, AR

#57 Dec 7, 2010
Always keep in mide what you are there for. I have had 2 of my childred in all of them. Even Champions which is now stars and strips. Both are in college and I must tell you that cheering never enters their minds. Funny we all get worked up of the things that do not matter. Moms thinking there little ones are going to be te next cheer or gym star. If I could go back and look at how worked up I got over who did not do what, which kid or mom did not excute well, or who was to blame, I would tell me to chill. 5 years from now it will not matter and no one will care. Ask yourself this question. How many college or pro athletes have come out of NE Ark in the past 5 years. Just enjoy the time with you kids. Always protect, defend and advocate for them and be their biggest cheerleader.
mrs fitness

Jonesboro, AR

#58 Dec 7, 2010
any one know anything about stars and stripes?

Paragould, AR

#59 Dec 8, 2010
Star and stris changed hand about a year ago. The guy who owns it is an absentee owner, He has a gym in batesville and seldom is involved with jonesboro. Communication and organization is poor at best. Thier main focus is on the gymnatics side which helps in the athletic aspect of cheering. Be sure which ever program you ask plenty of questions and remember you are the customer. ACC, CU and Stars and Strips tend to forget that at times. You will see each of them get very defensive when pushed on an issue.

Marion, AR

#60 Jan 31, 2011
The staff and owner there are very professional. In the above posts,you mentioned staff that are not there anymore.The atmosphere is great!Very impressed!!!! You will see staff,coaches, parents,tots,youth,and teens working together and having fun.Try it out!

United States

#61 Jan 31, 2011
I believe Curtis has someone dealing with the money these days. He is a good coach, but too many paid money for things that were never received such as competition fees for a competition that was never registered, choreographers that never were hired, prices bumped up on clothes to make a profit and make the purchase mandatory for only the girls, etc. Granted that was several years ago and was one thing that caused a mass exodus of girls. The constant losing because of changed routines caused many to quit and then used as the reason the routines were changed. Even a couple of years ago, we watched them win a competition for which he had just given them the music in warmup. Then, he changed the routine for the very next one with all the same people. The fell and were messy. It was sad to watch after how good they had done. As for parents just stirring things up and causing problems, we have to say that installing cameras with recorders all over because it was heard that some parents did not like the routine was a little invasive. To get the truth on that, you would have to go back about 4 yrs ago.

Curtis really is one of the best tumbling coaches. Some just didn't think that was worth the headache. If you want him for privates for tumbling, go for it. Many do that getting ready for school cheer.

I cannot comment on ACC any longer as all the previous coaches were fired for disagreeing with a parent or quit. I remember the gym in WM was good, though so it is probably pretty decent.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Judge needs charged for Murder 6 min Max 8
President Bush Charges $100,000 For Speech To W... 10 min Disclaimer 966
Huckabee in close 2nd place 32 min dull needle 3
Queer marriage 34 min Guest 476
What are common name for trashy girls 43 min Smoothie 11
kait 58 min Eugene C 2
Your boy Bruce 1 hr Guest 1
Trump Bends Republicans Over Makes them Sqeeee... 5 hr dull needle 67
How many Hillary lies about her servers? 6 hr Disclaimer 199
Alcohol drinks being allowed to be sold at spor... 7 hr Guest 51