First Prev
of 70
Next Last

Little Rock, AR

#1 Feb 18, 2010
I heard the poa meeting last night was a joke. The board made excuses for not following the rules and one board member even responded to one homeowners question with a SMART#$$# remark!I am telling you the problems have only started. The homeowners in the Villas are getting screwed by fellow neighbors. What can we do to stop these UGLY townhomes from being built?
sageres

United States

#2 Feb 18, 2010
As a Sage resident my heart goes out to the members in The Villas the most.All those beautiful homes and to be screwed by D.O.that way.Bet he didn't tell anyone his plans while he was selling all those houses over there.After what I saw last night at the meeting apparently our board is no better that D.O or B.T.I have gave up on the future of this community and apparently the board has too.Sage will be just another development that went out of control and ruined by greed.This is what the POA is supposed to be all about but we just do not have qualified leadership and the right vision to be good to great.
Mrs Villa Lady

Saint Louis, MO

#3 Feb 18, 2010
As a resident of sage I am truely disappointed in the residence themselves. They have done nothing but treat the community and the board with disrespect. I too live at the Villias, but I think it is our responsibility to go after the person who started this and sold us houses. I said this last night and I will say it again the board has been abused by the residence. It is sad to know that this is dividing our community when it really should be pulling it together.
Go after the real person who started this. Stop blaming the board.
naybor

Belfry, KY

#4 Feb 18, 2010
Mrs Villa Lady wrote:
As a resident of sage I am truely disappointed in the residence themselves. They have done nothing but treat the community and the board with disrespect. I too live at the Villias, but I think it is our responsibility to go after the person who started this and sold us houses. I said this last night and I will say it again the board has been abused by the residence. It is sad to know that this is dividing our community when it really should be pulling it together.
well said

United States

#5 Feb 18, 2010
As a Sage resident, I totally agree with Mrs Villa Lady !!!!
MeToo

Bossier City, LA

#6 Feb 18, 2010
guest wrote:
I heard the poa meeting last night was a joke. The board made excuses for not following the rules and one board member even responded to one homeowners question with a SMART#$$# remark!I am telling you the problems have only started. The homeowners in the Villas are getting screwed by fellow neighbors. What can we do to stop these UGLY townhomes from being built?
You "heard" the meeting last night was a joke so I assume you were not there. I was there and believe the board did the best they could answering questions, their hands are tied. B.T. apparently had complete control over the board, he pretty much got whatever he wanted. I did not hear the "SMART#$$# remark you mentioned, yet there is one who sits up there who in my mind is quite capable of such a thing. Myself, I feel a bit of sympathy for the board members but totally agree, something needs to be done. The future development (probably apartments) really concerns me as the traffic flow will truly be something to be reckoned with. There really needs to be more than 1 ingress / egress to Sage.
I wish I had answers, but all I have at this time is concerns over property values and traffic issues.
MeToo

Bossier City, LA

#7 Feb 18, 2010
Still trying to come up with some viable options as to future recommendatons........No Luck Yet

Blytheville, AR

#8 Feb 18, 2010
Would any one mind recapping the situation? I am moving to Jonesboro soon and had been considering Sage Meadows, but maybe not with all this. I'm not sure what is going on though

Little Rock, AR

#9 Feb 18, 2010
Guest wrote:
Would any one mind recapping the situation? I am moving to Jonesboro soon and had been considering Sage Meadows, but maybe not with all this. I'm not sure what is going on though
There are going to be apartments built in the neighborhood which will LOWER the value of properties in Sage. I would NOT ADVISE ANYONE TO BUY A HOME HERE!!!
one who knows

United States

#10 Feb 18, 2010
My question is are the board members getting money under the table? We all know something is up or the board would stop this!
Captain Obvious

AOL

#11 Feb 18, 2010
As long as they keep the golf course up and running I can deal with it. But then I don't live in Sage Meadows anyway. Sorry that the residents seem to be getting screwed by the BOT.
Sage advice

Aubrey, TX

#12 Feb 22, 2010
Mrs Villa Lady wrote:
You sound like one of the developer's buddies out here, or one of the board suck ups. I bet you are one of the board's buddies they put on the country club committee? Or is this Apartment guy's girlfriend? If the board was respectful of the citizens it would help improve our respect for the board....
concerned

United States

#13 Feb 22, 2010
Communication is the key to success here...the board seems to be always be holding information back from the association,then they wonder why people are not trusting and respecting them.
Sage advice

Aubrey, TX

#14 Feb 23, 2010
There is a groundswell of anger with the baord. Yes there are some very sensitive friends and family of board members, Bob T. and the developers. Kevin H is one board member that has been on the board longer than anyone and it is talked about that he is good friends with Troutt, Onstead, and childers. Kevin and Bob Y ramrodded the golf course purchase and I am not impressed with how they handled it or the meetings. A friend of my father's is an elderly man that always asks questions and takes over the meetings; but they were rude to him and anyone else. Please Take the gentleman aside and offer a private meeting or small group discussion instead of being arrogant to him.
inverness

Aubrey, TX

#15 Feb 24, 2010
I bet if we ban together and don't pay our dues we will get there attention
Sager

Bossier City, LA

#16 Feb 24, 2010
inverness wrote:
Not so sure about that, that idea was mentioned at a board meeting once. I believe there is something in the bylaws, which by the way I have never received a copy, which allows for additional fines/fees to be collected. What about those of us who have already paid our dues? I agree something needs to be done and soon. I have heard there is an election coming this spring, maybe we can just vote and replace the board members but we new new candidates. Any ideas/volunteers?
Mrs Villa Lady

Saint Louis, MO

#17 Feb 24, 2010
inverness wrote:
So you want to hurt your community to get attention? That makes alot of sense. NOT!!!

Belfry, KY

#18 Feb 24, 2010
I'm sure as hell not giving them an extra $180 this year!
Golf guy

Aubrey, TX

#19 Feb 24, 2010
Mrs Villa Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
So you want to hurt your community to get attention? That makes alot of sense. NOT!!!
Tell Kelly C. we said hi and thanks for helping wreck our property values and over crowd our streets if he builds apartments.
Mrs Villa Lady

Saint Louis, MO

#20 Feb 25, 2010
Golf guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell Kelly C. we said hi and thanks for helping wreck our property values and over crowd our streets if he builds apartments.
Your dues is what pays for the up keep of the community. I am not friends with nor do I know who Kelly C is. I have heard just as you about apartments. You are saying the answer is to stop paying dues...that makes no sense. We all should be coming together not dividing. We can make the best of our community or the worst. I guess the choice is up to you. Looks like you are going to let it go down hill. Real glad you are my neighbor!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 70
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trisha Hendrix Duckworth 48 min Rob 15
Jonesboro man pleads guilty to robbery in conne... 1 hr haha 2
Jesus Was As Black As Wesley Snipes 1 hr Barton Farley 75
fcc 2 hr guest 12
1 Trillion Dollar Lawsuit Filed Against MSM For... 2 hr James Dean 112
Surprise: Poorest Obamacare Enrollees Face $530... 2 hr Robin Trouer 6
JPS serving food in class 2 hr James 13
President Obama vetoes KXL legislation. 3 hr Disclaimer 42
Mid 20 year old man sleeping with a 14 year old 4 hr guest 83
Defunding Homeland Security 8 hr not a liberal idiot 93
What is going on at The Mall at Turtle Creek? 12 hr it is your fault 36
Jonesboro Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Jonesboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:28 pm PST

Bleacher Report 1:28PM
Kendall Langford Reportedly Released by Rams: Latest Details, Comments, Reaction
ESPN 2:24 PM
Rams cut DT Langford in cost-cutting move
Bleacher Report 4:55 PM
Rams Would Waste Opportunity by Not Trading Bradford
Yahoo! Sports 5:36 PM
Falcons release veteran running back Steven Jackson
Bleacher Report 8:55 PM
St. Louis Rams: 5 Best Options to Replace Joe Barksdale This Offseason