Gina

Ash Flat, AR

#195 Feb 7, 2014
Well that's perfect! Everyone sucked over there anyway.
Come on people get real

United States

#197 Feb 11, 2014
It's funny to read all these comments. I actually work at Centennial Bank and love it...and I was a Liberty bank employee! Every bank charges fees...it's called the cost of doing business. The real problem is people don't understand that banks are NOT a non-profit organization. We are in the business to make money. There are many many ways to conduct your banking business and avoid paying fees. I've worked in the financial industry for over 20 years and still balance my bank statement each month to the penny with my transaction register. People don't want to take responsibility for managing their money and jump to blame the bank for their own mishaps. Grow up...you don't go to a fast food restaurant and expect to get your food free so why would you go to a bank and expect to get things for free.
More Than Happy

Jonesboro, AR

#198 Feb 12, 2014
Fees wrote:
<quoted text>
Any good suggestions?
You betcha. I bank at First Security. They have been amazing helpful. I encourage anyone to give First Security a try.

Oklahoma City, OK

#200 Feb 12, 2014
Come on people get real wrote:
It's funny to read all these comments. I actually work at Centennial Bank and love it...and I was a Liberty bank employee! Every bank charges fees...it's called the cost of doing business. The real problem is people don't understand that banks are NOT a non-profit organization. We are in the business to make money. There are many many ways to conduct your banking business and avoid paying fees. I've worked in the financial industry for over 20 years and still balance my bank statement each month to the penny with my transaction register. People don't want to take responsibility for managing their money and jump to blame the bank for their own mishaps. Grow up...you don't go to a fast food restaurant and expect to get your food free so why would you go to a bank and expect to get things for free.
Got yourself a promotion while all the little guys got laid off huh?

Jonesboro, AR

#201 Feb 12, 2014
I understand that a bank is a business, but what's the point of using a local bank if they have crappier service, more inconvenience, and higher fees? Liberty bank had an edge over the big banks by being local and more convenient, having a good reputation, and low fees. Centennial has none of the above.

Jonesboro, AR

#202 Feb 12, 2014
More Than Happy wrote:
<quoted text>
You betcha. I bank at First Security. They have been amazing helpful. I encourage anyone to give First Security a try.
I think First Security's internet banking is good also.

Oklahoma City, OK

#203 Feb 12, 2014
Glad to see you think it's funny while all of your loans and checking accounts run off to other banks in town! Have fun working for Wells Fargo with no accounts next year......
Come on people get real

United States

#204 Feb 13, 2014
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Got yourself a promotion while all the little guys got laid off huh?
Actually...I'm in the same position with the same pay for the last two years! I enjoy my job and in today's economy...I've embraced the change with a positive outlook and just genuinely enjoy my job, helping people with their financial needs and understand the concept of change.
Question

Jonesboro, AR

#205 Feb 14, 2014
<quoted text>
Actually...I'm in the same position with the same pay for the last two years! I enjoy my job and in today's economy...I've embraced the change with a positive outlook and just genuinely enjoy my job, helping people with their financial needs and understand the concept of change.
Perhaps you can help the bank get a usable web link to online banking.

Oklahoma City, OK

#207 Feb 14, 2014
<quoted text>Actually...I'm in the same position with the same pay for the last two years! I enjoy my job and in today's economy...I've embraced the change with a positive outlook and just genuinely enjoy my job, helping people with their financial needs and understand the concept of change.
Instead of typing on freaking topix during work hours.... No wonder you love your job! Now get back to work and make my Internet Banking look like it didn't come out of the 1980's you poon!!!!!
YaS

Jonesboro, AR

#208 Feb 15, 2014
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Instead of typing on freaking topix during work hours.... No wonder you love your job! Now get back to work and make my Internet Banking look like it didn't come out of the 1980's you poon!!!!!
Hey, thats what I'm talking about. Best thing to do is change to a good bank.
FNB

Jonesboro, AR

#209 Feb 20, 2014
I Like First National Bank. They are local and friendly but still have good options.
disabled

El Monte, CA

#210 Feb 22, 2014
Move On wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL who wants to be mailed paper statements anyway? You hicks make a big deal about everything! As long as you don't write hot checks and don't overdraw your account, then you won't notice the difference.
There are people out there like me who can't afford the fee but still have to have paper statements
Change

Jonesboro, AR

#213 Feb 23, 2014
disabled wrote:
<quoted text> There are people out there like me who can't afford the fee but still have to have paper statements
That is their attitude, you are hiks for needing a paper statement. I hope you find a good bank.

Jonesboro, AR

#214 Feb 23, 2014
Change wrote:
<quoted text>That is their attitude, you are hiks for needing a paper statement. I hope you find a good bank.
Can't wait for your computer to break down or their website to lose everything again and they charge you $10 a statement!

Jonesboro, AR

#216 Feb 24, 2014
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't wait for your computer to break down or their website to lose everything again and they charge you $10 a statement!
I think that change meant folks should find a good bank and get away from this one.
Come on people get real

United States

#218 Feb 25, 2014
Question wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you can help the bank get a usable web link to online banking.
https://mb.my100bank.com

This link works for me every time.

And I don't respond to Topix while at work...it's 11:01 p.m. If you must know.

People always have to complain about something!

Jonesboro, AR

#220 Feb 26, 2014
<quoted text> https://mb.my100bank.com

This link works for me every time.

And I don't respond to Topix while at work...it's 11:01 p.m. If you must know.

People always have to complain about something!
It's 11:01 this time... too bad your past post were during working hours. I swear you Centennial people are so incompetent, you can't even lie effectively.
One timer

Conway, AR

#221 Feb 26, 2014
Acxiom is having more layoff's this week. HP did it a couple of months ago. Life is difficult but business changes, mergers and downsizing happens.
Be glass half full and realize that NO company is perfect and that includes the old Liberty as well as Centennial.
No amount of negative posts will change anything that's happened or will happen.
I hope Jonesboro will prosper from this merger as well as Fayetteville and other towns they are in.
Surely there is something else going on by now that folks can complain about. Like that winter will not go away.

Jonesboro, AR

#222 Feb 26, 2014
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
It's 11:01 this time... too bad your past post were during working hours. I swear you Centennial people are so incompetent, you can't even lie effectively.
Good one!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Arkansas House panel OKs drug testing for benef... 4 min Lucky 5
Hillary Nailed on Benghazi? 5 min guest 77
do guys like girls w hair down there (Aug '10) 11 min Mike 191
Where to buy Tamales " 22 min Pat Man 6
ar hb 1228 29 min Guest 23
What Does it? 43 min Lucky 8
11 Reasons To Be Glad You’re Not A Republican 46 min guest 7
Global Warming Facts 49 min Ummm 52
Why isn't the media reporting that the German A... 2 hr guest 37

Freeze Warning for Craighead County was issued at March 28 at 2:59PM CDT