Hytrol employee "sound off page"
Guest

United States

#23 Nov 12, 2011
Executive Summit 654 wrote:
Union coming. Talk loud and clear. Can't be stopped. Will be good and bad for some hourly
For sure.
guest

United States

#24 Nov 12, 2011
Is Hytrol hiring? People should be thankful for a Job my husband lost his and I'm scared and not to mention Christmas, there will be no Christmas for us and we have kids. So is Hytrol hiring?
HaH

United States

#25 Nov 13, 2011
guest wrote:
Is Hytrol hiring? People should be thankful for a Job my husband lost his and I'm scared and not to mention Christmas, there will be no Christmas for us and we have kids. So is Hytrol hiring?
. I don't know if Hytrol is currently hiring, but the best way to get your foot in the door is to go through a temp agency, that's how I did it and have been there many years now. I became an employee through Staffmark but I believe they're hiring through Paramount now. The only other way is knowing somebody that works there that will put in a good word for you. I can't imagine why they wouldn't be hiring because we have more work than we can handle. I hope this helps and good luck to you and your husband.
guest

Searcy, AR

#26 Nov 13, 2011
HaH wrote:
<quoted text>. I don't know if Hytrol is currently hiring, but the best way to get your foot in the door is to go through a temp agency, that's how I did it and have been there many years now. I became an employee through Staffmark but I believe they're hiring through Paramount now. The only other way is knowing somebody that works there that will put in a good word for you. I can't imagine why they wouldn't be hiring because we have more work than we can handle. I hope this helps and good luck to you and your husband.
Thank you!
Guest

Bexar, AR

#27 Nov 13, 2011
Yes, they are hiring.
concerned wife

Blytheville, AR

#28 Nov 13, 2011
this is trumann why are people complaining about hytrol when we have a worthless conveyor factory right here in our own town, my husband has been at his job for over 20 years and they have changed for the worst too. i remember some good christmas parties, havent had one of those in a long time. and even though my husband may work overtime he only gets paid for 35 hrs if we go on vacation, whats the deal with that? why not treat your employees like you care about them? they ARE the ones that keep that place going.

“Dont drink the kool-aid”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#29 Nov 13, 2011
concerned wife wrote:
this is trumann why are people complaining about hytrol when we have a worthless conveyor factory right here in our own town, my husband has been at his job for over 20 years and they have changed for the worst too. i remember some good christmas parties, havent had one of those in a long time. and even though my husband may work overtime he only gets paid for 35 hrs if we go on vacation, whats the deal with that? why not treat your employees like you care about them? they ARE the ones that keep that place going.
If your husband is not on salary and works more hours than paid for. That is a violation of labor laws and you should contact the labor board. But on the vacation pay if that is the policy. It is what is is.
Guest

United States

#30 Nov 13, 2011
concerned wife wrote:
this is trumann why are people complaining about hytrol when we have a worthless conveyor factory right here in our own town, my husband has been at his job for over 20 years and they have changed for the worst too. i remember some good christmas parties, havent had one of those in a long time. and even though my husband may work overtime he only gets paid for 35 hrs if we go on vacation, whats the deal with that? why not treat your employees like you care about them? they ARE the ones that keep that place going.
Another example of family owned concerned about their own wealth with no appreciation.
guest

United States

#31 Nov 13, 2011
Guest wrote:
Yes, they are hiring.
Do you know what they are hiring for and how to apply?
concerned wife

Blytheville, AR

#32 Nov 13, 2011
no need for names here wrote:
<quoted text>
If your husband is not on salary and works more hours than paid for. That is a violation of labor laws and you should contact the labor board. But on the vacation pay if that is the policy. It is what is is.
but the vacation thing is not their policy, in the company handbook it says vacation time is 8 hours a day which makes 40 hours a week. they cut it down to 7 hours a day when work was slow but work has been very steady for a long time now, and still they havent given back the extra 5 hours they took away. but if they dont change the way they run that place, i know a lot of people that are gonna walk out on them.
Guest

United States

#33 Nov 13, 2011
concerned wife wrote:
<quoted text>but the vacation thing is not their policy, in the company handbook it says vacation time is 8 hours a day which makes 40 hours a week. they cut it down to 7 hours a day when work was slow but work has been very steady for a long time now, and still they havent given back the extra 5 hours they took away. but if they dont change the way they run that place, i know a lot of people that are gonna walk out on them.
That would be good for them. I would like to see some picketing and employees banding together with some demands.
guest

Jonesboro, AR

#34 Nov 13, 2011
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Another example of family owned concerned about their own wealth with no appreciation.
And we got people protesting against publicy owned corporations.
formerhytroller

Jonesboro, AR

#35 Nov 13, 2011
worked in quite a few places before i came to hytrol and quite a few places since i left. hytrol is ran very well. during my time the economy was not that great a couple of times but their ownership still gave us 40 hr week and alot of times more. cant say too much bad about them but they do have alot of bad leaders and alot of arrogance to go along with it too.
HMMM

United States

#36 Nov 13, 2011
Call the union. Don't give up on it either. The factories all over are being run the same way. Too much overtime, no time to do anything except work. Got to have a life too. Point systems are a joke except for the lucky people who have been there long enough to have accumulated plenty of vacation time, FMLA, etc. Union days are back again!!! Not just for Hytrol, but all factories around here.
Yep

United States

#37 Nov 14, 2011
HMMM wrote:
Call the union. Don't give up on it either. The factories all over are being run the same way. Too much overtime, no time to do anything except work. Got to have a life too. Point systems are a joke except for the lucky people who have been there long enough to have accumulated plenty of vacation time, FMLA, etc. Union days are back again!!! Not just for Hytrol, but all factories around here.
. Thank you I agree with all of the above
Guest

Mountain Home, AR

#38 Nov 14, 2011
Unions aren't that great. When those people are refusing to work, how are their families going to eat. I have seen how unions hurt folks.
guest

Dallas, TX

#39 Nov 14, 2011
Does anyone know what Hytrol is hiring for and where u go to appt?
Guest

Mountain Home, AR

#40 Nov 14, 2011
They hire mostly through temp agencies. You could check with the Department of Workforce Services to see if Hytrol is taking applications through them.
guest

Dallas, TX

#41 Nov 14, 2011
Guest wrote:
They hire mostly through temp agencies. You could check with the Department of Workforce Services to see if Hytrol is taking applications through them.
Ok thanks

“Dont drink the kool-aid”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#42 Nov 14, 2011
concerned wife wrote:
<quoted text> but the vacation thing is not their policy, in the company handbook it says vacation time is 8 hours a day which makes 40 hours a week. they cut it down to 7 hours a day when work was slow but work has been very steady for a long time now, and still they havent given back the extra 5 hours they took away. but if they dont change the way they run that place, i know a lot of people that are gonna walk out on them.
And there will be plenty that would be happy to take the place of anyone leaving. Jobs are scarce just don't walk out until you have another position lined up and accepted.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Oppose Hillary! 1 hr District10 63
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 2 hr Don down on dover 36,151
B C Muscle 2 hr guest 1
aliens raped my milk cow 2 hr Citizen trying to... 8
Children will die 3 hr Guest 31
CNA Pay vs. McDonalds pay (Apr '15) 5 hr guest 13
Stan Morris-who the heck is he? (May '09) 6 hr Thxoboma 24

Jonesboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jonesboro Mortgages