Did you vote today?

Did you vote today?

Created by Rick on Jun 8, 2010

6,407 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Since: Dec 10

Kansas City Ks.

#15937 Sep 23, 2012
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Tell that to the 23 million people unemployed and the 47 million people Obama put on welfare. Obama is a community organizer no more no less!

Spending on food stamps doubled between 2001 and 2006, even though unemployment was low in those years.

Bush began a recruitment campaign.At the local level, county governments spread the word and work to overcome residual cultural resistance to taking government benefits. The federal government pays $50 million in bonuses to states for signing people up.

But with the 2002 farm bill, President Bush dramatically expanded eligibility, restoring benefits to nearly a million individuals at the beginning of 2003, and paving the way for the program to expand as it did during the rest of presidency. As a result, Bush managed to oversee unprecedented growth in the program even as the economy grew. Obama then followed up on this with an eligibility expansion of his own in the 2009 stimulus package.

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

#15938 Sep 23, 2012
BARNEYII wrote:
The most inept and incoherent presidential campaign in history continues to shoot itself in the foot as Romney economic adviser Emil Henry admitted that the Romney tax plan redistributes wealth.
Here’s the video from Up With Chris Hayes:
http://www.politicususa.com/romney-campaign-a...
Both parties redistribute wealth. Both parties realize that the way into power is to promise something to the people. That's why this country's in such a sad state. It's no longer about upholding an oath. That's why both parties must go.

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

#15939 Sep 23, 2012
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Didn't your lying hero obama say he was going to cut the defecit in half during his first term?
Hey, What do you expect from him? At least he kept ONE promise- to make everyone buy health insurance whether they want it, or can afford it, or not.

You have lost your RIGHT (FREEDOM) to be ininsured if you choose to be.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#15940 Sep 23, 2012
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, What do you expect from him? At least he kept ONE promise- to make everyone buy health insurance whether they want it, or can afford it, or not.
You have lost your RIGHT (FREEDOM) to be ininsured if you choose to be.
I have never been ininsured. I have not lost one FREEDOM. I have always had insurance. Maybe you should buy some!

Since: Dec 10

Kansas City Ks.

#15941 Sep 23, 2012
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Didn't your lying hero obama say he was going to cut the defecit in half during his first term?
For your sake you should stick to the subject at hand .

But I will play along,

what everyone seems to be forgetting is that in 2004 President George W. Bush promised - and failed - to halve the federal budget deficit by 2009. As it turns out, Bush broke his pledge even before the economic cataclysm of 2008 that triggered the TARP bank bailout, sent government revenues plummeting, and required President Obama's rescue programs that saved the U.S. from "Greet Depression 2.0."

As he faced reelection in 2004, George W. Bush famously committed to cut the deficit in half by 2009. As it turned out, the budget Bush bequeathed to Barack Obama didn't even get close to that target. The FY 2009 budget Bush proposed in February 2008 called for a deficit of roughly $400 billion, almost identical to the result in 2004.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#15942 Sep 23, 2012
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Spending on food stamps doubled between 2001 and 2006, even though unemployment was low in those years.
Bush began a recruitment campaign.At the local level, county governments spread the word and work to overcome residual cultural resistance to taking government benefits. The federal government pays $50 million in bonuses to states for signing people up.
But with the 2002 farm bill, President Bush dramatically expanded eligibility, restoring benefits to nearly a million individuals at the beginning of 2003, and paving the way for the program to expand as it did during the rest of presidency. As a result, Bush managed to oversee unprecedented growth in the program even as the economy grew. Obama then followed up on this with an eligibility expansion of his own in the 2009 stimulus package.
So obama didn't know what he was getting in to? Obama has no blame or responsibility for any of this mess?
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#15943 Sep 23, 2012
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
Both parties redistribute wealth. Both parties realize that the way into power is to promise something to the people. That's why this country's in such a sad state. It's no longer about upholding an oath. That's why both parties must go.
Ron Paul never promised anything to his constituents?

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

#15944 Sep 23, 2012
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>I have never been ininsured. I have not lost one FREEDOM. I have always had insurance. Maybe you should buy some!
I meant UN-insured. You do NOT have the right (FREEDOM) to be UN-insured if you want to be.
I've never been uninsured either, but I would like the right to be if I so choose. I have TRIED to be uninsured, but my employer insists I have it- like it or not. BTW, I have one of the best policies money can buy, at least I did before they decided to cut some of our benefits recently). The coverage is still the same, but unfortunately, I had to change doctors. So now I would rather NOT have the insurance. If I have a problem, I'll pay cash. It's cheaper and simpler, less fraud, waste, and abuse. That is the whole problem with insurance and why health care costs so much.

Where is my freedom to not have insurance?

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

#15945 Sep 23, 2012
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Ron Paul never promised anything to his constituents?
His promise is to uphold the Constitution, as it should be.

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

#15946 Sep 23, 2012
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
For your sake you should stick to the subject at hand .
But I will play along,
what everyone seems to be forgetting is that in 2004 President George W. Bush promised - and failed - to halve the federal budget deficit by 2009. As it turns out, Bush broke his pledge even before the economic cataclysm of 2008 that triggered the TARP bank bailout, sent government revenues plummeting, and required President Obama's rescue programs that saved the U.S. from "Greet Depression 2.0."
As he faced reelection in 2004, George W. Bush famously committed to cut the deficit in half by 2009. As it turned out, the budget Bush bequeathed to Barack Obama didn't even get close to that target. The FY 2009 budget Bush proposed in February 2008 called for a deficit of roughly $400 billion, almost identical to the result in 2004.
Bush spent WAAAY too much money. I was very disappointed in him for that, as well as the bailouts.
just me

United States

#15947 Sep 23, 2012
I'll be glad when the election is over
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#15948 Sep 23, 2012
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
I meant UN-insured. You do NOT have the right (FREEDOM) to be UN-insured if you want to be.
I've never been uninsured either, but I would like the right to be if I so choose. I have TRIED to be uninsured, but my employer insists I have it- like it or not. BTW, I have one of the best policies money can buy, at least I did before they decided to cut some of our benefits recently). The coverage is still the same, but unfortunately, I had to change doctors. So now I would rather NOT have the insurance. If I have a problem, I'll pay cash. It's cheaper and simpler, less fraud, waste, and abuse. That is the whole problem with insurance and why health care costs so much.
Where is my freedom to not have insurance?
LMAO! Now you talk about FREEDOMS your employer has taken away from you. WOW! I guarantee you you can drop your insurance. You do not have to buy insurance. God gave you free will you don't have to buy insurance. I know many people without insurance of any kind.

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

#15949 Sep 23, 2012
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO! Now you talk about FREEDOMS your employer has taken away from you. WOW! I guarantee you you can drop your insurance. You do not have to buy insurance. God gave you free will you don't have to buy insurance. I know many people without insurance of any kind.
I forgot, since you are the world traveler, you know more about my benefit package than I do. Maybe YOU will talk to my employer and tell them I want to drop my insurance? That will go over like a lead balloon. In case you didn't know this, MI is not a right to work state. I'm in a union, Dear (another thing I am not free to decide on). I must take/forfeit whatever someone else negotiates for me. Some FREEDOM huh?
guest

Jonesboro, AR

#15950 Sep 23, 2012
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
For your sake you should stick to the subject at hand .
But I will play along,
what everyone seems to be forgetting is that in 2004 President George W. Bush promised - and failed - to halve the federal budget deficit by 2009. As it turns out, Bush broke his pledge even before the economic cataclysm of 2008 that triggered the TARP bank bailout, sent government revenues plummeting, and required President Obama's rescue programs that saved the U.S. from "Greet Depression 2.0."
As he faced reelection in 2004, George W. Bush famously committed to cut the deficit in half by 2009. As it turned out, the budget Bush bequeathed to Barack Obama didn't even get close to that target. The FY 2009 budget Bush proposed in February 2008 called for a deficit of roughly $400 billion, almost identical to the result in 2004.
So if George did it it is okay for Obama to do it, based on your logic I wish George had jumped off if a bridge
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#15951 Sep 23, 2012
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
I forgot, since you are the world traveler, you know more about my benefit package than I do. Maybe YOU will talk to my employer and tell them I want to drop my insurance? That will go over like a lead balloon. In case you didn't know this, MI is not a right to work state. I'm in a union, Dear (another thing I am not free to decide on). I must take/forfeit whatever someone else negotiates for me. Some FREEDOM huh?
YOU do not have to work there. YOU can quit and YOU can even move if you want to. YOU choose to work there and abide by those policies and regulations. YOU choose to live that way! YOUR CHOICE!
guest

United States

#15952 Sep 23, 2012
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
For your sake you should stick to the subject at hand .
But I will play along,
what everyone seems to be forgetting is that in 2004 President George W. Bush promised - and failed - to halve the federal budget deficit by 2009. As it turns out, Bush broke his pledge even before the economic cataclysm of 2008 that triggered the TARP bank bailout, sent government revenues plummeting, and required President Obama's rescue programs that saved the U.S. from "Greet Depression 2.0."
As he faced reelection in 2004, George W. Bush famously committed to cut the deficit in half by 2009. As it turned out, the budget Bush bequeathed to Barack Obama didn't even get close to that target. The FY 2009 budget Bush proposed in February 2008 called for a deficit of roughly $400 billion, almost identical to the result in 2004.
Just when you thought there were some limitations to BARNEYII's hypocrisy and desperation, he posts this and continues to move the bar lower and lower. Pretty soon, he'll be so low that he'll be in Obama's Press Secretary levels...
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#15953 Sep 23, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>Just when you thought there were some limitations to BARNEYII's hypocrisy and desperation, he posts this and continues to move the bar lower and lower. Pretty soon, he'll be so low that he'll be in Obama's Press Secretary levels...
He is probably on some form of Government Assistance and is just worried that his check won't come in the mail if obama doesn't get reelected!

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

#15955 Sep 23, 2012
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>YOU do not have to work there. YOU can quit and YOU can even move if you want to. YOU choose to work there and abide by those policies and regulations. YOU choose to live that way! YOUR CHOICE!
No, it is NOT a choice! Why should I have to quit my job? Why does someone else have more rights to it than me?
God, you not only talk like a lib, but a far left one at that.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#15956 Sep 23, 2012
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it is NOT a choice! Why should I have to quit my job? Why does someone else have more rights to it than me?
God, you not only talk like a lib, but a far left one at that.
Is somebody making you work at that place? Are you being held hostage? Have you tried calling 911? If you honestly feel like your freedoms are being taken away from you then you have nobody to blame but YOURSELF! Sounds like you want to be a slave to your own misery!

You are truly confused in that liberal mind of yours!

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

#15957 Sep 23, 2012
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Is somebody making you work at that place? Are you being held hostage? Have you tried calling 911? If you honestly feel like your freedoms are being taken away from you then you have nobody to blame but YOURSELF! Sounds like you want to be a slave to your own misery!
You are truly confused in that liberal mind of yours!
Where do you suggest I go for employment, McDonald's? Wasn't it you that criticized someone for flipping burgers recently?
You didn't answer my question;
WHY should I HAVE TO quit my job?

Another question;
WHY MUST I be in a union if I don't want to be?

Isn't that one big issue republicans stand on; "right to work?"
You seem to disagree with them on that, among other things.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
20 Hillary Clinton Quotes You Should've Read Be... 13 min SSOB 4
Rachel Maddow Cries Over FBI Investigating Hill... 18 min guest 11
Hillary Clinton blows through a record 1.2 bill... 21 min guest 1
Donald Trump Selected as Time Magazine’s Person... 1 hr Ernest 16
Michael Moore said to disrupt Trump inauguration 1 hr Ernest 4
John Glenn, American hero, aviation icon and fo... 1 hr Ernest 6
The Truth About Fake News 1 hr Ernest 6

Jonesboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jonesboro Mortgages