Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#13546 Aug 5, 2012
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
I know the process but Harry Reid has not even brought these bills to the floor for anyone to introduce them. If the laws made it to his desk then surly some of them have been voted on by now. Go ahead and show me the vote total on any of these bills in the senate. Good luck finding them. Harry Reid is also bound, by law, to pass a budget but we all know how that has worked out. I know it's hard to believe that your precious democratic party has been decietful and broken the law but you really need to wake up and quit drinking the liberal kool-aid. It makes you look clueless.
You are clueless as to how the "process" works, and just as clueless as to what the Republicans in the Senate are doing.

Last Thursday, in another attempt to protect corporations and kill American jobs, Republicans blocked a measure to reward companies that brought jobs back to America, and protect their candidate Willard Romney. Republicans in the Senate refused to allow a vote on a bill, The Bring Jobs Home Act, which provided a 20% tax break for costs related to moving jobs back to the United States, at the same time rescinding deductions for companies that moved operations and jobs overseas. The bill was number one on the President’s congressional “to-do list,” but Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell wanted to amend it with an Affordable Care Act repeal and Bush-era ta x cuts for the wealthy extension
Old Army

Greenbrier, AR

#13547 Aug 5, 2012
Dad wrote:
<quoted text>
I know what you mean, there's nothing to this green movement stuff. I sure wish that they still made cars like they used to make em', nothing like pushing three tons of metal down a State road at 80 mph throwing gravel twenty foot every direction. And them damned turtles, they used to make fine targets, smashing their asses every chance I got, wish them frickers were still around, guess the coyotes got em.
And this thing about too many people, I say have as many kids as there is space to stand em. There's places out west where there ain't hardly anyone.
I got engineer buddies too, a couple work for Union Pacific, good men..well except for one or two.
Most people try and avoid hitting a turtle with a car. I was taught not to purposely kill an animal unless I could clean and eat it. I certainly wouldn't advocate killing innocent humans through population control as you have advocated here in the past.
On your other sarcastic rant, cars last longer because of better lubricants (oil) and better roads (oil).

Location hidden

#13548 Aug 5, 2012
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
It's simple. A pack of 4 standard bulbs costs about $1.75 (about 0.43 per bulb). ONE twist flourescent cost between $4.50 and as much as $13.00. If the twist bulb goes out before the incandescent (which they do) then the savings of energy costs during the operation of the twist bulb will likely be less than the difference in the cost of the two making the total savings actually more for the incandescent bulb. BTW, the twist bulbs actually are more dangerous because they have a high level of mercury and have been proven to be more harmful to the atmosphere. This was also found by the engineering class in their study. Look, if you are going to make such a strong statement at least do your homework so you don't look any more uninformed and out of touch than you already do.
to be more harmful to the atmosphere. This was also found by the engineering class in their study"

It took a "engineering class study" to tell you that a product that contains a minute amount of toxic material is "more harmful to the atmosphere" compared to a product that does not contain Mercury.

That is just brilliant.

Ilovebush

Mountain Home, AR

#13549 Aug 5, 2012
Old Army wrote:
<quoted text>
Most people try and avoid hitting a turtle with a car. I was taught not to purposely kill an animal unless I could clean and eat it. I certainly wouldn't advocate killing innocent humans through population control as you have advocated here in the past.
On your other sarcastic rant, cars last longer because of better lubricants (oil) and better roads (oil).
G W. bush-oil ,Iraq-----more oil

Jonesboro, AR

#13550 Aug 5, 2012
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me something, what the hell does the cost of a light bulb, have to do with the fact that it takes less energy to operate that bulb?
Less energy needed------A lesser amount of coal burned-----A lesser amount of carbon released into the atmosphere.
See how all of that, kind of goes together?
Let us all drive Volts, no oil, heavily subsidized,supports Government Motors and if you nwant to go more than thirty miles from home, you should move anyway. And while you're out you can buy a Barney Bulb.

Jonesboro, AR

#13551 Aug 5, 2012
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
to be more harmful to the atmosphere. This was also found by the engineering class in their study"
It took a "engineering class study" to tell you that a product that contains a minute amount of toxic material is "more harmful to the atmosphere" compared to a product that does not contain Mercury.
That is just brilliant.
One of Michelle Obama's vacation trips produces more emissions to harm the atmosphere than all the emissions saved annually by the use of Barney Bulbs. And we can probably produce enough electricity to powere a small ciity for a year with the fuel her group uses to get there.
Old Army

Greenbrier, AR

#13552 Aug 5, 2012
Ilovebush wrote:
<quoted text>
G W. bush-oil ,Iraq-----more oil
The United States imports less than five percent of it crude oil from Iraq, actually less than it did before September, 2011.
Reality Check

Alexander, AR

#13554 Aug 5, 2012
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
High levels my ass.
I said more, ENERGY EFFICIENT not more, ECONOMICALLY EFFICIENT geez''''''''''
To a normal American family they are one in the same. Liberals like Al Gore will impose any and all unneccessary expensive regulations on all families, rich or poor, for the sake of making himself and his cronies filthy rich. Al Gore's plane does more damage to the atmoshpere in one trip, by his own green regulations standards, than multiple families do in a whole year. Since he is a liberal he gets a pass because just look at how much good he has forced others do. Totally hypocritical but that is the liberal MO.
Reality Check

Alexander, AR

#13555 Aug 5, 2012
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
You are clueless as to how the "process" works, and just as clueless as to what the Republicans in the Senate are doing.
Last Thursday, in another attempt to protect corporations and kill American jobs, Republicans blocked a measure to reward companies that brought jobs back to America, and protect their candidate Willard Romney. Republicans in the Senate refused to allow a vote on a bill, The Bring Jobs Home Act, which provided a 20% tax break for costs related to moving jobs back to the United States, at the same time rescinding deductions for companies that moved operations and jobs overseas. The bill was number one on the President’s congressional “to-do list,” but Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell wanted to amend it with an Affordable Care Act repeal and Bush-era ta x cuts for the wealthy extension
I read your post several times and I am having a hard time finding the vote totals from the senate on the bills sitting on Harry Reid's desk and I can't seem to find them. Surly, you would want to answer the challenge so you could show everyone just how much your party wants to create jobs in a fair constitutional manner. I mean diverting away from a topic to another so you don't have to answer would just be dishonest. You wouldn't do that would you? I'll go ahead and tell the rest of the story for you on your diversion though. The 20% is a one time break. If they move back here, they would have to do business under the most business unfriendly environment in the world. What does that mean? It is far more profitable to stay where they are than to move here and pay business taxes that would cost them far more than the savings they got from the 20%. It's a political ploy to make the republicans look bad. The republicans should have passed the bill because no business would have taken "advantage" of the tax break anyway.
SAC Warrior

United States

#13556 Aug 5, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Let us all drive Volts, no oil, heavily subsidized,supports Government Motors and if you nwant to go more than thirty miles from home, you should move anyway. And while you're out you can buy a Barney Bulb.
Volts are hybrid not straight electric. The range is the same as a normal car. And its American made,

Location hidden

#13557 Aug 5, 2012
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
It's simple. A pack of 4 standard bulbs costs about $1.75 (about 0.43 per bulb). ONE twist flourescent cost between $4.50 and as much as $13.00. If the twist bulb goes out before the incandescent (which they do) then the savings of energy costs during the operation of the twist bulb will likely be less than the difference in the cost of the two making the total savings actually more for the incandescent bulb. BTW, the twist bulbs actually are more dangerous because they have a high level of mercury and have been proven to be more harmful to the atmosphere. This was also found by the engineering class in their study. Look, if you are going to make such a strong statement at least do your homework so you don't look any more uninformed and out of touch than you already do.
We consume more mercury eating canned tuna; mercury found in a CFL is about the volume of the
tip of a ballpoint.

http://cambridgeenergyalliance.org/wp-content...

Location hidden

#13558 Aug 5, 2012
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
I read your post several times and I am having a hard time finding the vote totals from the senate on the bills sitting on Harry Reid's desk and I can't seem to find them. Surly, you would want to answer the challenge so you could show everyone just how much your party wants to create jobs in a fair constitutional manner. I mean diverting away from a topic to another so you don't have to answer would just be dishonest. You wouldn't do that would you? I'll go ahead and tell the rest of the story for you on your diversion though. The 20% is a one time break. If they move back here, they would have to do business under the most business unfriendly environment in the world. What does that mean? It is far more profitable to stay where they are than to move here and pay business taxes that would cost them far more than the savings they got from the 20%. It's a political ploy to make the republicans look bad. The republicans should have passed the bill because no business would have taken "advantage" of the tax break anyway.
Till they come out of committee you will not find a vote, if then, if either party chooses to block the vote( as in the example above with McConnell, or to filibuster a debate, or just move to end debate.

You show me where Reed has tabled any of those bills. When it says, the Senate has taken no action on this bill, that means what it says. It does not say, Harry Reid has not taken any action.

Do you really think Mc Connell would not be on TV screaming every day if REED was to hold up a bill he truly wanted a vote on?
quest

Jonesboro, AR

#13559 Aug 5, 2012
SAC Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Volts are hybrid not straight electric. The range is the same as a normal car. And its American made,
The point is Barney wants no emissions so we would only use the electric part, where are the batteries made?
quest

Jonesboro, AR

#13560 Aug 5, 2012
GM finally announced the contract had been awarded to LG chem of Korea using special large format lithium ion cells. The cells will be made in Korea, and shipped to the battery pack assembly plant in Michigan.

Location hidden

#13561 Aug 5, 2012
quest wrote:
GM finally announced the contract had been awarded to LG chem of Korea using special large format lithium ion cells. The cells will be made in Korea, and shipped to the battery pack assembly plant in Michigan.
shipped to the battery pack assembly plant in Michigan"

Interesting ,the last jobs report from BLS said the auto industry had hired several hundred people. Do you think maybe it was to to work in the "battery pack assembly plant in Michigan" ?

quest

Jonesboro, AR

#13562 Aug 5, 2012
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
shipped to the battery pack assembly plant in Michigan"
Interesting ,the last jobs report from BLS said the auto industry had hired several hundred people. Do you think maybe it was to to work in the "battery pack assembly plant in Michigan" ?
I doubt it, if they hired several hundred people to build battery packs for Volts, that would work out to about three workers for every Volt sold. You might be right though, that is how much if Obama's incentive plans have worked.
SAC Warrior

United States

#13563 Aug 5, 2012
quest wrote:
<quoted text>The point is Barney wants no emissions so we would only use the electric part, where are the batteries made?
Im just saying ive test drove a Prius and the Volt. And the Volt wins in build quality. And price$50000 was a little pricy. But it did show what Americans can do when they put their mind to it. Personaly I dont care what you drive. I do have a problem when environmental law ment for urban areas is forced on rual areas. yea if you live in LA, maybe there would be less smog. But why should the same law apply to states who dont produce the same problems. See not all democrats are "liberal"
Dad

North Little Rock, AR

#13565 Aug 5, 2012
Nice to see the delete thought police are out in force today, something to look forward to if the TP express ever assumes control.

Better delete this one too Arkie or whoever's in charge of this train-wreck nowadays.
quest

Jonesboro, AR

#13566 Aug 5, 2012
Dad wrote:
Nice to see the delete thought police are out in force today, something to look forward to if the TP express ever assumes control.
Better delete this one too Arkie or whoever's in charge of this train-wreck nowadays.
You probably were trying to convey an idea of some sort, any idea what it was?

Location hidden

#13567 Aug 5, 2012
quest wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt it, if they hired several hundred people to build battery packs for Volts, that would work out to about three workers for every Volt sold. You might be right though, that is how much if Obama's incentive plans have worked.
Don't keep up with things much, do you?

For the first seven months, GM has sold 10,666 Volts, up 270 percent over the same period last year.

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120801/A...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What is the story on Teri Bogan? 5 min guest 37
Taylor Swift is a traitor 8 min Jesus 15
President Obama and Dictator Putin 8 min Arkansaw 1
Hundreds of NYPD officers turn their backs to D... 9 min Uncle Ray 6
Nestle (Oct '12) 11 min truth hurts 11
Barton Farley talks to Rubert B. Jigglebottom 13 min Disclaimer 65
Jesus 29 min Guess 597
Atheists 31 min Guess 104
Jonesboro Dating
Find my Match