Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Jonesboro, AR

#13234 Jul 30, 2012
SAC Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow you really think police firemen and teachers are parasites. But coasties are ok. This group provides services for their work. They should be the last cut. Cut welfare first, those are the parasites. Or is that the group your in?
I see what you mean, the Republicans have historically for social programs and other welfare programs, and against the military. That is one of the reasons minorities are so for Republicans, we are willing to sell the country out to maintain entitlement programs, immigration rights, free phones, free rent free Huey anything but support the military. Are you sure that you weren't dropped on your head as a child?
gym fit

United States

#13235 Jul 30, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
I see what you mean, the Republicans have historically for social programs and other welfare programs, and against the military. That is one of the reasons minorities are so for Republicans, we are willing to sell the country out to maintain entitlement programs, immigration rights, free phones, free rent free Huey anything but support the military. Are you sure that you weren't dropped on your head as a child?
Im not concerned with the past. And the republican party is a rotted shell of what it once was. All I know is since the republican took over Congress supplies and manpower have been hard to come by. like I said before, you put up a decient canidate ill vote for him. But you dont have that. So u try scare tactics. That dont work either. Then I hear well everyone else in the mil votes that way. Which just aint true. But the way this election is gonna go down is this. There will be a strong third party canidate, maybe Ron Paul, who will split Romneys votting block. Unless you guys can start comming more towards the center your going to go over the edge.

Jonesboro, AR

#13236 Jul 30, 2012
gym fit wrote:
<quoted text>
Im not concerned with the past. And the republican party is a rotted shell of what it once was. All I know is since the republican took over Congress supplies and manpower have been hard to come by. like I said before, you put up a decient canidate ill vote for him. But you dont have that. So u try scare tactics. That dont work either. Then I hear well everyone else in the mil votes that way. Which just aint true. But the way this election is gonna go down is this. There will be a strong third party canidate, maybe Ron Paul, who will split Romneys votting block. Unless you guys can start comming more towards the center your going to go over the edge.
Actually, the farther Obama goes to the left, the less the need for us to change our position. Most military people I know are very wary of the vision that Obama has for them or this nation.
Reality Check

Warren, AR

#13237 Jul 30, 2012
gym fit wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly when did the republicans take over congress? The two houses are currently split. The House keeps sending bills to the Senate and Harry Reid just sits on them. The democrats did control both houses of congress for the first two years of Obama's presidency. People loved their policies so much they gave many of the democrats an early retirement in 2010. I can tell you that the reason supplies and manpower are hard to come by is because the explosion of entitlements. Entitlements suck the will to work right out of a population. This fact has been proven over and over and over. Severely limit entitlement spending (welfare, wic, ssi ect...) and the will to work will quickly come back along with the supplies that come with a strong work ethic. If you like Obama, first, you haven't done your homework on him and, second, if what has happened to America in just 3 1/2 years under Obama still causes you to blame republicans, then nothing will change your mind. If you don't like where we are as a nation, then vote out the current administration and change to someone who will be less damaging than Obama for four years then vote for someone you like better in 2016.
ObamaisbadforAme rica

Little Rock, AR

#13238 Jul 30, 2012
A former SEAL Team 6 member is speaking out about the national security consequences of having Barack Obama as a commander-in-chief.

Montana State Sen. Ryan Zinke has launched Special Operations for America, a Super PAC that lists its mission as being committed to a strong and independent military, American exceptionalism and identifying and providing accurate information on policies that harm or discredit national security and members of the military.

Zinke spent 23 years in the Navy as a SEAL, going back to the Reagan administration. During his career he led counter-insurgency and contingency operations in the Persian Gulf and the Pacific theater of operations. He also was a SEAL commander is support of Bosnia, Croatia and Kosovo. During Operation Iraqi Freedom, he was responsible for killing or capturing 72 known enemy insurgents. In 2006, he was awarded two bronze stars for combat.

Zinke also has made it a point to emphasize that his issues with the president are not personal, but rather over national security concerns.

“We’re going to be very careful in our delivery of message, we want to make sure that everything we say is well-documented … I don’t dislike the president personally, I dislike his policies as commander in chief.”

He said that among his concerns are national security leaks that some have said have come from the White House. He also takes issue with the president making the death of Osama bin Laden into a campaign issue.

Appearing on Bryan Williams’ show after the raid, Obama said,“we thought about the fact that if there was a failure here, it would have disastrous consequences for me politically.”

Visit the website for Special Operations for America.

“Enough is enough. It started with bin Laden and a commercial with former President Clinton and not just taking credit for it but taking the consequences for the decision,” Zinke lamented.“The consequence of failure was really about the guys on the ground and the reason why the operation was successful was because of the enormous capability and dedication” of all service members involved in the operation.

In the commercial, Clinton referring to Obama’s decision said,“Suppose they had been captured or killed. The downside would have been horrible for him.” Critics noted that the ad made no mention of the consequences for the American soldiers and their families if they would have been killed during the mission.
Dad

Little Rock, AR

#13239 Jul 30, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Twenty four years in the service and you want to lecture me about acronyms. I do believe if you polled the military about which party supports the military, it would be the Republicans hands down. The Dems are willing to give the military the shaft to provide for the entitlement programs, I hope you are not dumb enough to think otherwise, but based on your posts so far, you haven't disappointed us as far as dumbness.
Yep and I served under grant at Shiloh

Little Rock, AR

#13240 Jul 30, 2012

Jonesboro, AR

#13241 Jul 30, 2012
Dad wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep and I served under grant at Shiloh
We all knew you were a liar when you started posting but that is your only claim to fame.
Nobama

Batesville, AR

#13242 Jul 30, 2012
guest wrote:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ 2012/03/14/super-pacs-donors-5 00000-dollars_n_1339169.html
So what? that has nothing to do with anything. It's fuuny how liberals are whinning about the money Romney is raising. Just 4 years ago they were high-fiving, bragging and over the moon about the money Obama was raising. It never ceases to amaze, the hypocrisy Democrats have. They are such pathological liars. Case in point. In 2003 gas was at a National average of $2.63. The lib labs and talking heads at MSNBC, Daily KOS and Huffington post were going on and on about Bush and Cheney being oil men. The whole Irag war was a rouse to make money for Haliburton and their oil buddies. Fast forward to 2011, the National average hits $3.91 and those exact same people are saying "the President has nothing to do with the price of gas". They don't even try to hide their dishonesty. And BTW, we'll give you Fox News, but don't ever refer to the Huffington Post or MSNBC to support your argument. Those sights are as far left as Fox is right.

Jonesboro, AR

#13243 Jul 30, 2012
SAC Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently your years of service havent improved your critical thinking skills if you really believe its the dems that hurt the military. The biggest raises the military has seen in along time came during the Clinton years. Improvments in housing and family programs came to. But wait didnt Clinton cut the military. Yes he did, following the plan initiated by bush 1 following the draw down after the cold war. What about bush2, he supported the troops. Yes he did, at first. Then toward the end of Iraqi freedom he started trading troops for planes and drones, at a time when we still needed man power. Now with the current cuts going on, they have cut combat pay. Well its not really cut its prorated, so the last time I went to afganistan I got a whopping $7.50. Or what about last year when the repubs wouldnt let the budget pass without their"cuts". Did you know that every soldier was breifed that they need to have a plan is case we do not get paid for up to the next month. I understand what you repubs say. But it has no basis in the actual reality of dealing with the military. Its all rhetoric you would screw anyone for big business tax breaks. And lie to the faces of your biggest supporters.
I have friends in Qutar working on the B-1 and I mentioned you and your posts, they wondered where the SAC bases are in Afghanistan and what were you planning on doing with $ 7.50?
Dad

Little Rock, AR

#13244 Jul 30, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
We all knew you were a liar when you started posting but that is your only claim to fame.
and you have no life
Old Army

Damascus, AR

#13245 Jul 30, 2012
Dad wrote:
<quoted text>
and you have no life
Where did you get your life, Walmart? You know it was made in China and only guaranteed for one year.
SAC Warrior

Collierville, TN

#13246 Jul 31, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>I have friends in Qutar working on the B-1 and I mentioned you and your posts, they wondered where the SAC bases are in Afghanistan and what were you planning on doing with $ 7.50?
I started out my career in SAC. I am in AMC now.

Jonesboro, AR

#13247 Jul 31, 2012
SAC Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
I started out my career in SAC. I am in AMC now.
Still living in the past

Jonesboro, AR

#13248 Jul 31, 2012
Dad wrote:
<quoted text>
and you have no life
I hope you didn't stay up late coming up with that comeback. May I suggest "Topix For Pre-school", there are lots of pictures at the back of the book you can color, my grandson enjoys it and I can give you his email in case you run across any big words.
SAC Warrior

United States

#13249 Jul 31, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Twenty four years in the service and you want to lecture me about acronyms. I do believe if you polled the military about which party supports the military, it would be the Republicans hands down. The Dems are willing to give the military the shaft to provide for the entitlement programs, I hope you are not dumb enough to think otherwise, but based on your posts so far, you haven't disappointed us as far as dumbness.
Looks like im not the only one living in the past.

Since: Jun 12

Detroit City

#13250 Jul 31, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope you didn't stay up late coming up with that comeback. May I suggest "Topix For Pre-school", there are lots of pictures at the back of the book you can color, my grandson enjoys it and I can give you his email in case you run across any big words.
Are you sure you can spare him, sounds likes he has a full time job tutoring you. That is okay, you and Newt keep those children working.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#13251 Jul 31, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>I have friends in Qutar working on the B-1 and I mentioned you and your posts, they wondered where the SAC bases are in Afghanistan and what were you planning on doing with $ 7.50?
After all those years in the service it would seem that the idea of SAC personell, doing TDY, on other bases would not seem odd to you or your "friends

Reality Check

Warren, AR

#13252 Jul 31, 2012
Oneford wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you sure you can spare him, sounds likes he has a full time job tutoring you. That is okay, you and Newt keep those children working.
And you and Obama can keep the rest of America unemployed.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#13253 Jul 31, 2012
I see how much you right wingers think of left leaning cut and paste articles. So to be fair and balanced, I will post a Right leaning publication and a Conservative think tank.

The Wall Street Journal stated,

“Falling military spending and the end of federal stimulus programs are further slowing the already weak U.S. economic recovery.”

The article went further and said,

“Federal investment and spending is down 3.3% for the year and about 0.4% for the second quarter.”“But the budget cuts come at a tough time for the U.S. economy, which has lost steam after appearing to accelerate earlier this year.”

The federal cuts are a reversal from the recession, when Presidents George W. Bush and Barack Obama tried to spark growth by increasing federal spending through bailouts and stimulus programs.

Most economists believe the stimulus programs played at least some role in softening the recession’s blow,…”

The American Enterprise Institute is a conservative think tank and their article vindicates President Obama. Their article stated the the private sector has grown an average of 3% per quarter since the recession ended in 2009 under President Obama, but total GDP is down because of spending cuts in the public sector.

The public sector GDP has dropped to negative 2.88% over the last two years. What does this do to total GDP and the overall economy? It slows it down dramatically!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Breaking; Grand Jury Decision 12 min -badboy- 115
A Meeting Of The Topix Heroes 16 min - - TRIPWIRE - - 312
Why It’s Impossible to Indict a Cop 18 min guest 32
nice pak (Nov '10) 22 min Guest 99
Lesson learned in Ferguson Mo. 30 min Really 10
Nicepak closing 34 min Guest 29
Michael Browns father is, 39 min Guest 74
LOL ferguson! 1 hr Cyrus5590 72
murder suicide in Bono today. 2 hr Yagottabekiddin 44
H&R Block Emerald Loan (Dec '10) 10 hr Nth 144