City Council Elections 2008

Posted in the Jonesboro Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
The Future is Now

Leesville, LA

#1 Aug 23, 2008
So who all is running, which wards, and against who? Anyone know?
The Future is Now

Leesville, LA

#2 Aug 23, 2008
I know Mikell Fears and Rober Sapiro are running because i saw there signs. Who are they tho and what do they do. I don't know anything about them. Anyone know bout them or anyone else running?
The Future is Now

Leesville, LA

#3 Aug 24, 2008
No One Knows anything about anyone anywhere dealing with the City Council elections??? Come on, Me as well as many others would like to know info about these races so they can find out more aobut them.
Anyone?
The Future is Now

Leesville, LA

#4 Aug 25, 2008
Is there somewhere to go to see who's running? Are there current members running for reaelction and if so are they apposed or not? Anyboyd know anything?
Guest 72404

Bossier City, LA

#5 Aug 25, 2008
Ward 1- Mike Ledbetter, Gene Vance. Vance was on the council several years ago. Both are going for an open seat.
Ward 2- Chris Moore, he is on the council now.
Ward 3- Sherry Sanders, running for an open seat.
Ward 4- Mitch Johnson, he is on the council now.
Ward 5- Brad Shumpert, Robert Sapiro, Johnathon Van Horn. All are running for an open seat
Ward 6- Mikel Fears, running for Faye McCalls position. She has not announced if she is running again or not.
The Future is Now

Leesville, LA

#6 Aug 25, 2008
Thanks alot. Do u know what any of these people do? Is Rennell Woods running? I heard he might but i'm not sure. It would be great if he did. I don't know which ward he would run for tho. Also, are there runoffs in City Council elections?
yup yup

Lake Charles, LA

#7 Aug 26, 2008
The Future is Now wrote:
Thanks alot. Do u know what any of these people do? Is Rennell Woods running? I heard he might but i'm not sure. It would be great if he did. I don't know which ward he would run for tho. Also, are there runoffs in City Council elections?
Woods is running for seat 5. Sapiro is the best candidate for that spot.
wondering

Jonesboro, AR

#8 Aug 26, 2008
Why is Sapiro the best for that spot, he has only lived in Jonesboro 4 years and his brother has a pretty bad reputation.
The Future is Now

Leesville, LA

#9 Aug 26, 2008
I would vote for Woods for just about any spot!
work for a living

Bossier City, LA

#10 Aug 26, 2008
woods has my vote any day of the week.!!!

Since: Aug 08

Aubrey, TX

#11 Aug 26, 2008
Sapiro is alright. Talk with him and you might be impressed with his experience.

As for the other coucil positions, we should know tomorrow who is running for every seat available, which are the "second" positions in general election years. Two years from now we'll be voting for "first" position candidates. So far, Chris Moore and Mitchell Johnson are the only incumbents seeking reelection. Faye McCall is still an unknown, though her seat on the council is a "second" position. The filing deadline was noon today, so tomorrow's Sun should have a final list. The County Clerk, Nancy Nelms, will still have to certify the ballot, meaning verify the signatures of the persons signing every candidates nominating petition. She has to do this for every position in the county. They will draw for positions on the ballot Thursday at 11:00 am.
The Future is Now

Leesville, LA

#13 Aug 26, 2008
Sounds good, i saw a shumpert sign up today at that health place by gladiola's. I think its great that so many people are running for that position. I'm in that ward and am proud so many people who sound good are running. i hope to hear from all of them.
J-town

Jonesboro, AR

#14 Aug 27, 2008
I heard that Brad Shumpert has done a good job on the quorum court, and has been working at country garden apartments this summer with a church group. Who is the vanhorn guy? never heard of him.
The Future is Now

Leesville, LA

#15 Aug 27, 2008
Idk any of them besides Rennel Woods, i sure hope he gets it tho, he's just amazing!
Here we go again

Jonesboro, AR

#16 Aug 27, 2008
I heard yesterday that Furr is backing Rennell Woods in the council elections. He has been telling people that she talked him into running. It looks like she wants to have the control, just not the problems. I think Woods just might be too nice to realize what she is doing.
superman

United States

#17 Aug 27, 2008
Shumpert is the guy. Good christian. Not in Judy's back pocket like Woods. Oh, they will deny it, but Judy and Woods both have been talking for years that he would follow her in her seat. Do we really want another Judy???? I don't think so!
Don't know anything about Shapiro. That should tell you something right there! Not been around enough to really be a player anyway.
rocksolid

Leesville, LA

#18 Aug 27, 2008
Rennell Woods is in no mans pocket. He answers to only one and he ain't no man. Judy may support him but that is only because she wants to keep up her liberal appearance and create another Alec Farmer pawn....NEWS....Rennel ain't gonna play Farmers game. He's the real deal and will do what he thinks is right. Go Rennell!
red wolf

United States

#19 Aug 27, 2008
I know for a fact that Woods is against alcohol of any kind and wants to see all the private clubs out of Jonesboro.
The Future is Now

Leesville, LA

#20 Aug 27, 2008
Woods supports Perrin greatly so i doubt he's going to listen to Furr over Perrin. I hope he doesn't listen to anyone tho. he should make his own decisions and speak his own mind and help do what's best for Jonesboro. I don't have any worries about him doing that either. I think he'll get it and hope he does. Good luck Rennell!
ladybug

United States

#21 Aug 27, 2008
I know Brad Shumpert, he worked with our college ministry where I go to church. It seems like he has the heart, and the skills that it will take to help lead Jonesboro in the right direction. I don't doubt that Rennell is a nice guy, but it seems like Jonesboro needs a little more than that right now. I will vote for Brad Shumpert and I encourage anyone who doesn't know him to spend 5 minutes with him, then you would vote for him too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ebola hits dallas 1 hr Sassy 35
Arkansas GOP candidate's voter registration can... 1 hr Barton Farley 3
REPORT: One-fifth of US workers were laid off i... 1 hr Sassy 10
Tom Cotton: Best Article To See His Extremist V... 1 hr mm hmmm 9
royal priesthood in Jonesboro what you know abo... 1 hr mm hmmm 3
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 1 hr BARNEYII 29,901
The Heritage Company 2 hr Michael 3
Hillary Clinton, a mistake for 2016 (Apr '13) 6 hr Zeppelin 3,197
ISIS: Which Way Do We Go 6 hr Fo Show 306
High School Party busted in Barrington Park 7 hr Jaz 94
Monty Python's John Cleese: Fox News Fans Are T... 12 hr Rupert B Jigglebo... 45
Jonesboro Dating
Find my Match

Jonesboro Jobs

Jonesboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Jonesboro News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Jonesboro

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]