Can't get a Sidewalk Fixed because No...

Can't get a Sidewalk Fixed because Not Enough Registered Voters Downtown

Posted in the Jonesboro Forum

Voter Here

Jonesboro, AR

#1 Apr 5, 2012
Over a year ago I was working in my front yard on monroe ave when I heard a woman make a distressed comment when I turned around a elderly woman had tripped on the side walk and fell to Her hands and knees , I rushed over to help Her and she said to Me somebody needs to fix these sidewalks. I called Mayor's office and in less than thirty minutes city worker was here putting up blocks and cones. City worker said we will put this on work order and would be taken care of in a week or two. Well after four or five months blocks and cones were picked up. So now after a year has gone by same little old lady was walking in the street next two the sidewalk looked at me and said hi so i walked up to her and I told Her about what the City of Jonesboro told me and She said it will never happen . I asked Her why ... and She said " Look Around Not Enough Registered Voters Here "

United States

#2 Apr 5, 2012
And as long as our city keeps turning its back on neighborhoods because of this, it will continue to get worse. Just because bad people move into a neighborhood does not mean that it should just be written off. All neighborhoods need attention, and the ones that thugs are getting a foot hold on need even more.
get real

Little Rock, AR

#3 Apr 5, 2012
Voter Here wrote:
Over a year ago I was working in my front yard on monroe ave when I heard a woman make a distressed comment when I turned around a elderly woman had tripped on the side walk and fell to Her hands and knees , I rushed over to help Her and she said to Me somebody needs to fix these sidewalks. I called Mayor's office and in less than thirty minutes city worker was here putting up blocks and cones. City worker said we will put this on work order and would be taken care of in a week or two. Well after four or five months blocks and cones were picked up. So now after a year has gone by same little old lady was walking in the street next two the sidewalk looked at me and said hi so i walked up to her and I told Her about what the City of Jonesboro told me and She said it will never happen . I asked Her why ... and She said " Look Around Not Enough Registered Voters Here "
They can't ever get enough of our tax dollars for their paychecks and benefits AND for buying up YMCAs and the such and have enough for stupid stuff like fixing sidewalks or cleaning up city properties or anything like that. You must think the city/county/state/federal employees and agencies are actually there to make things right.
Voter Here

Jonesboro, AR

#4 Apr 5, 2012
get real wrote:
<quoted text>
They can't ever get enough of our tax dollars for their paychecks and benefits AND for buying up YMCAs and the such and have enough for stupid stuff like fixing sidewalks or cleaning up city properties or anything like that. You must think the city/county/state/federal employees and agencies are actually there to make things right.
All i know is I see the city working all the elite neighborhoods and on sidewalks that we would love to have here. Well I guess our mayor knows where he needs to work to stay in office
Wont happen again

Jonesboro, AR

#5 Apr 7, 2012
He won't get my vote again. I always see cops sitting in church parking lots where there's not a lot going on instead of doing their jobs and patrolling known troubled areas and high traffic areas.
Mayhem Like Me

Rochester, NY

#6 Apr 7, 2012
She should've sued the city. Make it a big number, then when they go to settle, she should've said, OK but you also have to fix the sidewalks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Proof Hillary Staged Pickle Stunt 14 min MansassaCommie 41
White House rejects Donald Trump’s claim that b... 29 min MansassIsCommie 7
Feminism is cancer 32 min Antifem123 9
Demos BBQ thread deleted 35 min Tobs 20
Open Letter To All Whiny Obama-Hating "Commie"... 36 min jay jay 11
Clinton’s Latest Lies Threaten Her Candidacy: ... 40 min MansassGayCommie 5
Brandon Baker 42 min Anonymous 1
Hillary has Brain Damage 1 hr Florida born 25
Dear Demogaycrat Commies 3 hr Ratshartisinsane 57

Jonesboro Jobs