Such a sad day

United States

#25 Apr 13, 2011
My prayers go out to the family, friends, and the Trumann PD. It amazes me how stupid someone could be. Such a senseless act took a great man's life.
bluesgirl

Walnut Ridge, AR

#27 Apr 13, 2011
PIG TALES wrote:
<quoted text>If he's in such a better place, then why's everybody whinin about it? In your way of thinking everybody should be high fiving. And are you saying the officer made bad choices? Like not following protacol used in a felony traffic stop?
FYI MORON the "choices" i was referring too was on the part of the shooter NOT the cop!!
bluesgirl

Walnut Ridge, AR

#28 Apr 13, 2011
TheTruth wrote:
<quoted text>
According to YOU, but not the bible. GOD doesn't call anyone home in the bible. You are just spouting your baseless christian bullshit. Too bad this treasonist cop was killed. Jut think how many people's Rights this officer violated. The funniest thing is how you claim Hell is a "better place". Hell is where this officer is, says every bible on the planet. No one goes to Heaven when they die, in the bible. Death is "the wages Sin pays". But you christians have NO protection from GOD. So the devil's police officers is all you got. The devil came with Death and paid this officer. Quit your futile attempts to cover this up.
i hope you and all other scum of the earth like you have a good time in hell where you belong!!
Laptop Lolita

United States

#29 Apr 13, 2011
Terry & Pigtails should take turns slamming each others heads in car doors,no an old Chevy truck would be better. Their heads are so hard & dense it would take steal to make a dent.:)

Dallas, TX

#30 Apr 13, 2011
omg wrote:
<quoted text>You are one stupid person!! My husband is a police officer that puts his life on the line every night protecting the citizens of Jonesboro as well as low life pos liike you! My prayers are with the family of this fine man who too put his life on the line to protect the citizens of Truman!! If anyone goes to hell it will be you!
My prayers r with the family too. Police officers are no different than anyone else. You have the good ones like John Shipman, the cheaters like AJ and the jerks like Wes Baxter. Their deaths or accidents are no more special than anyone else's.

Houston, TX

#31 Apr 13, 2011
PIG TALES wrote:
<quoted text>Shot 5 or 6 times and lived? Wow those cops werent only stupid but terribly bad shots too. I do feel Sorry for the family and friends of the slain policeman,his back up officers should be fired for allowing one of their own to be gunned down.
I'm pretty sure the officers were walking up to the car at the same time. Officer Overstreet was not in error in anything he did. It's a little different when a person is walking up, even being cautious, versus knowing he or she is entering a gun battle. Remember, they thought it was a routine stop. They would have had their hands on their weapons, but it is unlikely they would have even had them drawn or holsters unsnapped. Even with a quick release, they have little time to react. They drew and returned fire in the heat of being fired upon.
Rikitikitabby

Little Rock, AR

#34 Apr 13, 2011
PIG TALES wrote:
<quoted text>Im not a policeman,but to me walking up on a car that has either no license plate information,or information that comes back "not valid" 4 or 5 people seated within that vehicle Common sense tells me to approach with my weapon drawn and cocked. I do feel sympathy for the slain officers family, but im sure theres an obituary column somewhere for condolences,topix is for discussions.
how in the F*&K are you going to MOnday morning quarterback this...please just stop.
prayers

United States

#35 Apr 13, 2011
Topix is for what ever the topix user wants to post, be it discussions, condolences, or obviously on here just some straight up ignorance.

United States

#36 Apr 13, 2011
Just heard this awful news. What was the police officers name and age? Praying for his family,so very sad.
xfuzz

Jonesboro, AR

#37 Apr 13, 2011
PIG TALES wrote:
<quoted text>Im not a policeman,but to me walking up on a car that has either no license plate information,or information that comes back "not valid" 4 or 5 people seated within that vehicle Common sense tells me to approach with my weapon drawn and cocked. I do feel sympathy for the slain officers family, but im sure theres an obituary column somewhere for condolences,topix is for discussions.
You are really a dumbass ! Do you have any idea how many times the cops stop a vehicle for no tags? If they drew their weapons and cocked them there would be an outcry from the public like you've never heard. All you would hear is "nazis" and "police state". If it was the case, I'm sure you'd be the first one to bitch about it!

Houston, TX

#38 Apr 13, 2011
guest wrote:
Just heard this awful news. What was the police officers name and age? Praying for his family,so very sad.
30-Officer Schmidt
Lepanto Alumni

Pflugerville, TX

#39 Apr 13, 2011
The suspect jerry lard is a low life bastard that needs to executed by a firing squad that should consist of every officer with the trumann police dept. Rest in peace brother in blue
Raoul Duke

United States

#41 Apr 13, 2011
Give it a rest Pig Tails! I get what you're saying and where you're coming from, but this isn't the time nor place for it. You are being way effed up and inconsiderate. Give yourself a hand right across your face, and then think about it for a little while.
Raoul Duke

United States

#42 Apr 13, 2011
Oh!!! They deleted that "Pig Tails" posts!!! Way to go mods!!! Way to go!!!! Now, if they would just delete "TheTruth's" posts...
To Pig Tails

Trumann, AR

#43 Apr 13, 2011
Sometimes I don't know whether to laugh at you or to pity you......It's ok though, your a joke all by yourself....you must have some sand in your vagina if your acting this way to a person that die all because they are a police officer, I hope that one day you will need a police officer to help stop someone from killing you, and I hope they fail.....that they leave your sorry a$$ to starve.....you will need the police one day, and you will be grateful that they do not know the comments that you have posted today....you may not like him for whatever reason...but a baby is alive today because of him doing CPR....Raoul is right, this is not the time nor the place to be a d*ck head just because your pu$$y hurts....
To Pig Tails

Trumann, AR

#44 Apr 13, 2011
I hope that when your in a wreck and need the police to help you get out, I hope they leave your sorry a$$ to starve!!!!

I ment to put that in my above post but it got cut off.....
PIG TALES

Moline, IL

#45 Apr 13, 2011
Raoul Duke wrote:
Oh!!! They deleted that "Pig Tails" posts!!! Way to go mods!!! Way to go!!!! Now, if they would just delete "TheTruth's" posts...
you're next beyatch lol
prayers

United States

#46 Apr 13, 2011
pigtails is probably a bored sixteen year old tweaker with a cold heart from lack of love, ignore him.
The Punisher

Blytheville, AR

#47 Apr 13, 2011
Raoul Duke wrote:
Quit thinking about yourselves! You guys debating over God, are being real d!cks.
And you are a sorry sack of 3hit!!!!
The Punisher

Blytheville, AR

#48 Apr 13, 2011
TheTruth wrote:
<quoted text>
According to YOU, but not the bible. GOD doesn't call anyone home in the bible. You are just spouting your baseless christian bullshit. Too bad this treasonist cop was killed. Jut think how many people's Rights this officer violated. The funniest thing is how you claim Hell is a "better place". Hell is where this officer is, says every bible on the planet. No one goes to Heaven when they die, in the bible. Death is "the wages Sin pays". But you christians have NO protection from GOD. So the devil's police officers is all you got. The devil came with Death and paid this officer. Quit your futile attempts to cover this up.
Karma is coming for you, and she is a 8itch.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
$26 million dollar stadium add on? 39 min guest 24
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 39 min BARNEYII 40,882
Abilities Unlimited 1 hr laughing at you 4
Buying used cars 1 hr Guest 1
Dr. Brandon Byrd and assistants 2 hr Curious 7
Sullys (Jun '15) 2 hr guest 32
Flooring 3 hr me sayz 3
H&R Block Emerald Loan (Dec '10) Tue Just curious 262

Jonesboro Jobs

More from around the web