First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Just Wondering

United States

#1 Oct 17, 2012
Has anyone taken any clothes, shoes or accessories to Platos Closet? I have several pairs of Miss Me, Buckle and Silver jeans I would like to sale, including tons of shirts and shoes, different name brands, and I am just wondering if they pay a decent price for the items, or if I would be better off having a garage sale, or trying to take them to a different consignment store. Any advice would help. Thank you!
i know

Jonesboro, AR

#2 Oct 17, 2012
they pay 1/3 of the amount they're going to sell it for.

so if they're going to sell it for $15, they will pay you $5 for it.

Jonesboro, AR

#3 Oct 17, 2012
You'll do better selling them from home on eBay
me

Lake City, AR

#4 Oct 17, 2012
Their prices aren't bad. I went in there a couple weeks ago, walked all though the store and found a few things I wanted. Started to walk up to the register to pay and the lady says "I'm sorry we are not allowed to sell anything right now we are only taken stuff in to he ready for our grand opening." WTF do you have the doors open for the public then, and why let someone walk around the whole store before you tell them. Lock the freaking doors you DA's!
uh oh

Collierville, TN

#5 Oct 17, 2012
me wrote:
Their prices aren't bad. I went in there a couple weeks ago, walked all though the store and found a few things I wanted. Started to walk up to the register to pay and the lady says "I'm sorry we are not allowed to sell anything right now we are only taken stuff in to he ready for our grand opening." WTF do you have the doors open for the public then, and why let someone walk around the whole store before you tell them. Lock the freaking doors you DA's!
maybe she did not want to sale to u because u looked like a crackhead! PLATOS is a national chain and they want nice items. Not what was stolen from your granny's closet! Go away meth heads! You are not invited to this new store!!!!!!!!!! Do I speak for many or what? Don't we want nice (unstolen) merchandise there! Please bring in , gently used, named brand things to your local PLATOS CLOSET!!!!!!

United States

#6 Oct 18, 2012
"just wondering" my experience they do not give much for what you're selling. The person that said they give a 1/3 of the price, sounds about right. What size are your MissMe and how.much are you wanting for them? Might be interested...
DA

Jonesboro, AR

#7 Oct 18, 2012
uh oh wrote:
<quoted text>maybe she did not want to sale to u because u looked like a crackhead! PLATOS is a national chain and they want nice items. Not what was stolen from your granny's closet! Go away meth heads! You are not invited to this new store!!!!!!!!!! Do I speak for many or what? Don't we want nice (unstolen) merchandise there! Please bring in , gently used, named brand things to your local PLATOS CLOSET!!!!!!
Your a DA she was trying to buy items not sell them!! You crackhead!
uh oh

Collierville, TN

#8 Oct 18, 2012
DA wrote:
<quoted text>Your a DA she was trying to buy items not sell them!! You crackhead!
buy, sale, what was the difference? Don't come to a national chain that you have never shopped at and talk about how dumb it is. Just don't go back, we will all be grateful! Please and thank u!
DA

Jonesboro, AR

#9 Oct 18, 2012
uh oh wrote:
<quoted text>buy, sale, what was the difference? Don't come to a national chain that you have never shopped at and talk about how dumb it is. Just don't go back, we will all be grateful! Please and thank u!
Ok I don't like to buy used clothes anyhow never been very fond of it and probably won't ever go to Platos anyhow! But thanks for representing this national chain like you have.... Good luck with your lost self!

North Little Rock, AR

#10 Oct 18, 2012
uh oh wrote:
<quoted text>
buy, sale, what was the difference? Don't come to a national chain that you have never shopped at and talk about how dumb it is. Just don't go back, we will all be grateful! Please and thank u!
It's "sell", not "sale". And they aren't even open yet, so why would they let you walk all over the store?
Ya think

Jonesboro, AR

#11 Oct 18, 2012
Plates didn't take my clothes, not even my Big Star jeans and they were only two years old.
me again

Lake City, AR

#13 Oct 19, 2012
DA wrote:
<quoted text>
Your a DA she was trying to buy items not sell them!! You crackhead!
THANK YOU!!!
me again

Lake City, AR

#14 Oct 19, 2012
uh oh wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a huge difference in buying and selling, maybe you should find a dictionary or are you to ignorant to read it. Really? Don't go to a national chain that I have never shopped at and talk about it. In case you didn't understand what I was doing in my first post.....I was SHOPPING, not only to BUY (not SELL)but to find out about the place for myself because I had heard good and bad things about it. They should NOT have let people come in and look around, aka SHOPPING, if they were not willing to sell. The door was propped open and no signs stating they were only taking clothes IN. I wasn't dragging bags of clothes in with me so they should've know I was bringing stuff in.
me again

Lake City, AR

#15 Oct 19, 2012
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
It's "sell", not "sale". And they aren't even open yet, so why would they let you walk all over the store?
I agree, they should've had the doors closed, or a sign stating THEY were only buying stuff at the time. There were 4 people working and 3 of them look straight at me when I walked in, that would have been a good time to tell me instead of waiting until I walked through the whole store and me picking items up. I was under the impression that they were already open because some friends on FB had talked about going there.

Blytheville, AR

#16 Oct 19, 2012
Does anybody know the the Blonde Girl who works there? Is she Single?

United States

#17 Oct 19, 2012
When do they open?

Blytheville, AR

#18 Oct 19, 2012
October 25th 2012 they will start selling
Black

Fayetteville, AR

#20 Oct 20, 2012
uh oh wrote:
<quoted text>
maybe she did not want to sale to u because u looked like a crackhead! PLATOS is a national chain and they want nice items. Not what was stolen from your granny's closet! Go away meth heads! You are not invited to this new store!!!!!!!!!! Do I speak for many or what? Don't we want nice (unstolen) merchandise there! Please bring in , gently used, named brand things to your local PLATOS CLOSET!!!!!!
Goodness, you're uneducated.
Agree

Rowlett, TX

#21 Oct 26, 2012
They have had it set up like a museum for weeks... You can look but can't buy anything. Let's see how nice the store looks after they've been open for a few weeks! Also people are going to learn really quick that they will only take your expensive items and send you packing with everything else.... You'll walk out with very little money after they've picked through your things. I'm sticking with the place I've been taking my stuff for years...they've never done me wrong no matter if I sell or consign. I think this new place will do well though because they have a lot of good stuff to sell... Too bad it's at the expense of ripping everyone off! My friend was offered $30 for 3 pairs of Miss Me jeans! The other place gave her $120 for them!
Get The Facts

Jonesboro, AR

#22 Oct 26, 2012
Before you go bad mouthing Plato's Closet you might want to go to their web site and read what it is that they are buying and selling. They have a very specific niche market that they are trying to attract.

copied from the website.

About Plato's Closet

Plato's ClosetŪ buys and sells the latest looks in brand name gently used clothing and accessories for teen and twenty something guys and girls.

They state very clearly, LATEST LOOKS, NAME BRAND, GENTLY USED FOR TEEN AND 20 SOMETHING.

There are many other consignment stores that will attempt to sell most any brands of gently used clothing.

You can always have a garage sale or put your items on Craigslist and then hold out for the amount that you want for your items.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jesus Was As Black As Wesley Snipes 11 min Barton Farley 75
fcc 44 min guest 12
1 Trillion Dollar Lawsuit Filed Against MSM For... 51 min James Dean 112
Surprise: Poorest Obamacare Enrollees Face $530... 58 min Robin Trouer 6
JPS serving food in class 1 hr James 13
Crowleys ridge academy doesn't tip 1 hr Gayle 13
President Obama vetoes KXL legislation. 1 hr Disclaimer 42
Mid 20 year old man sleeping with a 14 year old 3 hr guest 83
Defunding Homeland Security 6 hr not a liberal idiot 93
What is going on at The Mall at Turtle Creek? 11 hr it is your fault 36
Jonesboro Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Jonesboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:18 pm PST

NFL 1:18PM
Rams reportedly release DT Kendall Langford
Bleacher Report 1:28 PM
Kendall Langford Reportedly Released by Rams: Latest Details, Comments, Reaction
ESPN 2:24 PM
Rams cut DT Langford in cost-cutting move
Bleacher Report 4:55 PM
Rams Would Waste Opportunity by Not Trading Bradford
Yahoo! Sports 5:36 PM
Falcons release veteran running back Steven Jackson