Do "Key" necklaces mean anything?

Posted in the Jonesboro Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Marine

United States

#1 Feb 16, 2010
I've been away on duty for several months and when I got home I found my fiancee had a necklace with one large key and one smaller key. There were also a lot of small rings to attach more keys (or whatever)to in the future.

My first impression is that this must be a gift from another guy signifying something. You can probably guess what I think it signifies...

Am I just over-reacting? Could this be something she would just buy as jewelry?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
critical

Georgetown, TX

#2 Feb 16, 2010
I have an idea for you big Marine fella...Man up and ask HER! Geez you're supposed to be a big tough marine and you don't have the nuts to talk to your little lady! Such a Doofus!
Marine

United States

#3 Feb 16, 2010
i have but are you stupid enough to think she would admit to it?
I think I could help

Dallas, TX

#4 Feb 16, 2010
Well I am a female and I can completly see where this would be confusing, I myself have bought a key necklace similiar to wht u are talkin bout but I bought mine as a cosmo jewelry to go with certain shirts. U could be looking in to something to far but I also know that some guys give necklaces bc they r easier to disguise than rings. If I were u I would ask an if nothing cones out of it then u know u know u have one of the few faithful ones left.... Btw thanx for all u do for us Americans. It's really appreciated
Marine

United States

#5 Feb 16, 2010
Thanks for your reply!
observer

Mountain Home, AR

#6 Feb 16, 2010
Get thee to a jewelry store and look around. Zales, Gordon's, Kay, etc. Heck, I think even WalMart is carrying some...it is just a piece of jewelry.

Around Christmas time, I was looking for a pendant to go on a necklace and "key" pendants and key necklaces outnumbered most everything else exponentially. What did I end up with? A key.

That being said though...if she gives off other vibes of maybe not being all that into you anymore, then you might worry. But I really don't see getting all worked up over a piece of jewelry. As women, we do occasionally buy it for ourselves.
Marine

United States

#7 Feb 16, 2010
Ok, thanks I feel better now! It was just something about the large key AND one small key that seemed odd to me. I guess I was just being paranoid.

Thanks again!
Girly

Terrell, TX

#8 Feb 16, 2010
Hey there Mr. Marine,
First of all thank you for your service.
Second, key necklaces are H O T right now. Just go to the Tiffany & Co website, they set the trend & now everyone is copying it.
No worries, ok?!
jay

Lane Cove, Australia

#9 Oct 28, 2010
definitely agreed with Girly, don't think you need to be worried :)
turbodog62

United States

#10 Oct 28, 2010
Maybe the small key is a hand-cuff key? Could come in handy?
klilyr

UAE

#11 Feb 12, 2011
hey there, i'm not sure when all of this went down but since i was little..i am now 20. i have worn a key around my neck. a large one that used to open my bedroom door but i became rather attached to it and have worn it on a rope around my neck since i was 12. then when i was 16 i found a smaller key, it was tiny. about the same size as your pinky finger..it didn't initially mean anything but it want on the rope as well. then i started to date this guy..and i fell in love with him. i used to also wear this cladder ring that he turned so that it symbolized me being taken..but then when we went through a rough patch i didn't know what to do with the ring so i put that on the rope as well. when we got back together he used to play with the necklace and he'd always say that i was the small key and he was the big one..because he was 6ft4 and i am 5ft2..so from then on that necklace and everything on it has its own meaning. it doesn't look amazing but it is very unusual and it personifies me as a person. every one has something that makes them an individual..the fact that all these 'key' necklaces are becoming fashionable means nothing.it's the sentimental value and meaning behind them that make them yours. my boyfriend who i am still with, found a key necklace..it is relatively small and there is a heart design at the top where a thin black rope threads through it. he said 'i saw this and had to have it because it reminded me so much of you'..i now feel like i have a part of him with me always. so to everyone out there who have no idea what a key means..it can mean anything, but it's all about the person who gives it to you. who are they to you, what do they mean to you and how much do they mean to you. the key would symbolize them and whether it is kindness, love, hope or friendship, you've got that piece of them wrapped around your neck. that piece of them is yours and yours only. hope this helped anyone with anymore issues with keys and their meanings. - K x
duh

United States

#12 Feb 12, 2011
Marine wrote:
i have but are you stupid enough to think she would admit to it?
If she is cheating, she isn't happy with you so why would she lie? Have you considered the possibility that you are being jealous and overbearing? Nothing is a bigger turn off than insecurity. If she says she is faithful to you believe her and move on
turbodog62

United States

#13 Feb 12, 2011
Marine wrote:
I've been away on duty for several months and when I got home I found my fiancee had a necklace with one large key and one smaller key. There were also a lot of small rings to attach more keys (or whatever)to in the future.
My first impression is that this must be a gift from another guy signifying something. You can probably guess what I think it signifies...
Am I just over-reacting? Could this be something she would just buy as jewelry?
Hey buddy, just to give you piece of mind, the answer is no, you have nothing to worry about. Now, if you ever come home and she has a fresh pearl necklace then you nead to worry. hope this helps. T-Dawg
Militarywifesnat cher

Tacoma, WA

#16 Apr 21, 2012
Well? I'm gonna be bruatally honest here..Your Fiancee/Wife are only Human..And they need some action too..I only say this because from my personal experience..Military Wives/GF are the easiest to score on when there Man is deployed..Because just like you.."They have needs"

Don't worry..I'm sure she still Loves you Man..
warrior mom

Jonesboro, AR

#17 Apr 21, 2012
What about pick necklaces? My daughter saw a guitar pick necklace on a kid at school and she wants one, but I heard they meant you were a groupy. Do they mean anything? Also, where do you even get them?

United States

#18 Apr 22, 2012
What about heart necklaces?

I really want a heart necklace but I heard it's only for people who are in love with someone. I'm single and not in love with someone so I don't want to wear one in case a hot, single guy is interested in me. If I'm wearing a heart necklace he might think I'm taken. Help! What should I do?!

------

Does that sound stupid to you? Because that's how y'all sound. It's a fkng necklace. It doesn't mean anything. It's just a style.
missionary

Belle River, Canada

#19 May 2, 2012
Man, somebody had a word... If you feel something wrong about a woman, run away as far as you could... I don't know if you are a good one though... Anyway, thos who believe and pray Lord Jesus Christ and live the true faith are most protected against the evil
missionary

Belle River, Canada

#20 May 2, 2012
Man, somebody had a word... If you feel something wrong about a woman, run away as far as you could... I don't know if you are a good one though... Anyway, those who believe and pray Lord Jesus Christ and live the true faith are most protected against the evil
CyanNLK

Jonesboro, AR

#21 May 10, 2012
Guest wrote:
What about heart necklaces?
I really want a heart necklace but I heard it's only for people who are in love with someone. I'm single and not in love with someone so I don't want to wear one in case a hot, single guy is interested in me. If I'm wearing a heart necklace he might think I'm taken. Help! What should I do?!
------
Does that sound stupid to you? Because that's how y'all sound. It's a fkng necklace. It doesn't mean anything. It's just a style.
Hmm. I suppose a Heartless necklace would be of use in that situation. And yes, geeky video game moment. And yes, I know that it was just a story to illustrate a point.

“Dont drink the kool-aid”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#22 May 10, 2012
Key necklaces used to be given to Penthouse pets. Just sayin'.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Flashback-Obama: DACA 'A Temporary Stopgap,' 'C... 42 min guest 9
Arrests & Prosecutions Coming for Elite - Dave ... 43 min guest 3
Unemployment rate set to drop below 4% 45 min Trump IS Your POTUS 9
Stormy Daniels claims Trump told her she was j... 47 min Deplorable leftists 18
Shutting down government to protect illegal imm... 49 min Deplorable leftists 9
snitches 2 hr Littleo 5
Wife always comes crying home 5 hr Tom sawyer 3
Dumpy Trump 10 hr wtf 41

Jonesboro Jobs

More from around the web