First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#22 Feb 13, 2013
C U Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Not that I have to explain myself to you, but my child is on high school. I was not a cheerleader. I had no desire to be one. She ask me. She takes private lessons in order to be her best. It's not about living through my kid it's about supporting her. Yeah there are parents in cheer who are trying to live through their kids, just like any sport, but most of us would be perfectly happy with any other sport. This is just the one THEY chose.
Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Conway, AR

#23 Feb 13, 2013
reminds me of dance moms on lifetime...LOL SO ridiculous!! take em to church.. something worthwhile!
from the family

United States

#24 Feb 13, 2013
Watched the guy from CU meet up w moms from class to "hookup" even though he is married.... I'd worry a little about my kid there considering his morals....

Location hidden

#25 Feb 14, 2013
from the family wrote:
Watched the guy from CU meet up w moms from class to "hookup" even though he is married.... I'd worry a little about my kid there considering his morals....
Don't be haten!!
from the family

United States

#26 Feb 14, 2013
The All Knowing wrote:
<quoted text>Don't be haten!!
Not hating simply stating my opinion based on what I know and saw first hand. I could get specific but I don't want the mom involved to have issues because the HS uses them....
Common Sense

Plano, TX

#27 Feb 14, 2013
All cheerleaders should be banned from all sporting events. We don't need 'em. The game itself should be enough. The whole concept is antiquated. The message we are sending to our daughters is: your role is to stand on sidelines and cheer for the boys. Ridiculous. I would not allow my daughter to even try out. I did tell her she could play any and as many sports as she wanted to. I really think she tried them all too! By middle school, she had settled into two that she was really good at. Best parenting decision I ever made.

Location hidden

#29 Feb 14, 2013
from the family wrote:
<quoted text>
Not hating simply stating my opinion based on what I know and saw first hand. I could get specific but I don't want the mom involved to have issues because the HS uses them....
If you don't want to be specific then don't. Don't be passive aggressive by making it a guessing game by saying stuff like, "the school uses them". Not Cool!!
WoW

Oklahoma City, OK

#30 Feb 14, 2013
Common Sense wrote:
All cheerleaders should be banned from all sporting events. We don't need 'em. The game itself should be enough. The whole concept is antiquated. The message we are sending to our daughters is: your role is to stand on sidelines and cheer for the boys. Ridiculous. I would not allow my daughter to even try out. I did tell her she could play any and as many sports as she wanted to. I really think she tried them all too! By middle school, she had settled into two that she was really good at. Best parenting decision I ever made.
You are ridiculous! Cheerleaders cheer for the girls, as well as, boys! Don't be so smug! How about supporting your daughter in any sport she chooses! And YES cheerleading is a sport! My daughter is a cheerleader and plays three sports. All of which she is very good at! I support her in each and every sport! You should not be so judgmental.
from the family

United States

#31 Feb 14, 2013
The All Knowing wrote:
<quoted text>If you don't want to be specific then don't. Don't be passive aggressive by making it a guessing game by saying stuff like, "the school uses them". Not Cool!!
Nettleton if you want a school
Common Sense

Plano, TX

#32 Feb 14, 2013
WoW wrote:
<quoted text>
You are ridiculous! Cheerleaders cheer for the girls, as well as, boys! Don't be so smug! How about supporting your daughter in any sport she chooses! And YES cheerleading is a sport! My daughter is a cheerleader and plays three sports. All of which she is very good at! I support her in each and every sport! You should not be so judgmental.
NOT a sport.

Springdale, AR

#33 Feb 14, 2013
AntiPC wrote:
Oh, can I relive my childhood through my kid?
Why, yes I can.
That's right.

I'm to fat ad ugly now so my daughter will allow me to relive my childhood.

And in doing so, I will FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL better.
WoW

Oklahoma City, OK

#34 Feb 14, 2013
Common Sense wrote:
<quoted text>NOT a sport.
Obviously something you have never done or could ever do!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dr Ben Carson is black 17 min Project Friends 9
Chicago Stock Exchange Says It's Being Sold to ... 19 min Kelly F 5
Nearly 300 People Shot in Chicago in January, R... 22 min Project Friends 14
How To Disappear And Live Under The Radar 36 min Festering Pustules 16
U.S. exports fall in 2015 for first time since ... 39 min Festering Pustules 4
What jobs? BLS says 665,000 job LOSSES 47 min DestinyWaits 1
I've Got a Secret! 59 min DestinyWaits 35
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jonesboro Mortgages