First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Asking

Jonesboro, AR

#1 Sep 23, 2012
My 6 yr old wants to cheer but I can't decide where to take her. Cheer Time Revolution, Arkansas Cheer Company or Cheers Unlimited. Any thoughts? Thanks
former cheerleader

Jonesboro, AR

#2 Sep 23, 2012
I have cheered for both cheers unlimited and ACC and I would recommend cheers unlimited. When I cheered for ACC they were VERY unprofessional and I have a friend that's taking her daughter there and hates it and is wiring until the time She has paid up to is up so she can switch gyms
CU Mom

Jonesboro, AR

#3 Sep 24, 2012
I have a daughter taking private lessons at CU and I have been there at many different times and watched teachers with many different age groups. They are great with the kids and I would be happy to have any of the teachers work with my kids. I don't know anything about the other places in town, but CU is wonderful.

Euless, TX

#4 Sep 24, 2012
We have cheered for a couple of places but loved Cheer Time the best. Their level one team is small this year but it is really good numbers for a beginner. We no longer cheer because my daughter lost interest but that is where I would go hands down!!
Anonymous

Jonesboro, AR

#5 Feb 10, 2013
Is there still a Cheer Time Revolution here in Jonesboro? I can't find a number and the CTR site only refers to the Sherwood and West Helena gyms. Also, does Cheers Unlimited do anything outside the gym? Public events? My 8 yr old cheers at ACC and I'm really tired of the DISORGANIZATION and lack of professionalism. I want to switch gyms but I don't hear much about CU or CTR. She loves to cheer at the ASU games, be involved in the Christmas parade, etc, etc. Thanks

United States

#6 Feb 10, 2013
I wish this was all I had to worry about. Wow. LOL
sam

Blytheville, AR

#7 Feb 10, 2013
asking, they dont accept foodstamps so she cant be a cheerleader

Jonesboro, AR

#8 Feb 10, 2013
Know what a majorette is? A cheerleader who can read.

United States

#9 Feb 11, 2013
I have a 4 year old that I think would love cheer or dance, would anyone have any suggestions about where I should start her?
cheer mom

Oklahoma City, OK

#10 Feb 11, 2013
Tahbam wrote:
Is there still a Cheer Time Revolution here in Jonesboro? I can't find a number and the CTR site only refers to the Sherwood and West Helena gyms. Also, does Cheers Unlimited do anything outside the gym? Public events? My 8 yr old cheers at ACC and I'm really tired of the DISORGANIZATION and lack of professionalism. I want to switch gyms but I don't hear much about CU or CTR. She loves to cheer at the ASU games, be involved in the Christmas parade, etc, etc. Thanks
Cheer Time closed their Jonesboro location. Unfortunately CU is just as unorganized and u professional as ACC. It's sad but true!
cheer mom

Jonesboro, AR

#11 Feb 11, 2013
Cheer City United Marion is awesome!
Cheers Unlimited

Lampasas, TX

#12 Feb 11, 2013
I've been to both acc and cu. Cheers unlimited is the best! They beat ACC in pretty much every competition. If you want her to be one of the best CU is the place!

Jonesboro, AR

#13 Feb 12, 2013
stay away from acc. You will find things you do not like at all of them but acc is very political. Think dance moms on tv and you have acc. The owner is just another form of abby lee and their are some crazy moms. remember it is just cheer and unless it is fun for all it will not be worth it 5 years from now. Ask yourself the questions of who am I doing this for? Could this time devoted to this sport worth it? What will my child gain from this? If the child does not enjoy it, if they stress and cry over not pleasing a coach then it is a waste of time. My child who is not 23 out of college and working with a great job reflects on her cheer experience and regrets the 5 years she spent trying to please people whom do not care about her currently. Not one cheer coach, teacher or administrator has called he since she moved on. so chose wisely
AntiPC

Springdale, AR

#14 Feb 13, 2013
Oh, can I relive my childhood through my kid?

Why, yes I can.

Paragould, AR

#16 Feb 13, 2013
ready OK Go Team HAHAHAH

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#17 Feb 13, 2013
guest wrote:
Know what a majorette is? A cheerleader who can read.
Actually it's a cheerleader who doesn't like to throw up after they eat!

Flint, TX

#18 Feb 13, 2013
LOL. This crap is something else.
larry

Paragould, AR

#19 Feb 13, 2013
CU Mom wrote:
I have a daughter taking private lessons at CU and I have been there at many different times and watched teachers with many different age groups. They are great with the kids and I would be happy to have any of the teachers work with my kids. I don't know anything about the other places in town, but CU is wonderful.
Let her be a little girl for while before getting out there and showing her bottom to everyone. I guess you always wanted to be a cheerleader soo you are going to make her
C U Mom

Jonesboro, AR

#20 Feb 13, 2013
larry wrote:
<quoted text>Let her be a little girl for while before getting out there and showing her bottom to everyone. I guess you always wanted to be a cheerleader soo you are going to make her
Not that I have to explain myself to you, but my child is on high school. I was not a cheerleader. I had no desire to be one. She ask me. She takes private lessons in order to be her best. It's not about living through my kid it's about supporting her. Yeah there are parents in cheer who are trying to live through their kids, just like any sport, but most of us would be perfectly happy with any other sport. This is just the one THEY chose.
Troll hunter

Jonesboro, AR

#21 Feb 13, 2013
C U Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Not that I have to explain myself to you, but my child is on high school. I was not a cheerleader. I had no desire to be one. She ask me. She takes private lessons in order to be her best. It's not about living through my kid it's about supporting her. Yeah there are parents in cheer who are trying to live through their kids, just like any sport, but most of us would be perfectly happy with any other sport. This is just the one THEY chose.
Dude! Don't feed the trolls it makes them mean,

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
POOF Sacred Trey IS GONE 10 min squeezers 8
Breaking; Grand Jury Decision 12 min raw 125
Brady needs to step down at Arkansas State 16 min guest 13
A Meeting Of The Topix Heroes 19 min guest 335
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 38 min guest 30,274
Sick of race-traitors 58 min Cissy 2
Necht Cooker Hood 59 min makankonate 1
LOL ferguson! 1 hr guest 86
murder suicide in Bono today. 7 hr cenjaysb 47
H&R Block Emerald Loan (Dec '10) 21 hr Nth 144