What will happen if the Debt Ceiling ...
Fo Show

Cabot, AR

#42 Sep 29, 2013
[QUOTE who="U.S. Citizen"]<quoted text>
Thank you for your vote of encouragement and for proving my point for me. You have no idea what will happen if the debt ceiling isn't raised by the deadline because its never happened before. That means that none of the "economists" that you have chosen to place all of your faith in by believing everything they tell you don't actually know what will happen either. Their best guess is just that, a guess. They are helping to start the process of economic panic that will most likely cause the stock market to take a dive and cause millions of people to lose money. What I'm saying is that there are those who see these sudden drops in stock values as opportunities instead losses. Where the market crash of 2008 was the result of banks giving out too much money on high risk loans over a period of time, it took a few years for the stock market to recover from that decline. If we see the market take a major hit this week because of the possibility of reaching our debt ceiling then it will be more of a manipulated crash and will probably recover quickly. This would allow the most powerful of investors to capitalize on the situation thereby providing motive for that same group of investors for having put forth the information that caused the panic in the first place.
[/QUOTE]

That is a really interesting premise. I suppose by your own rationale that if you developed a large inflammed hemorhoid on your penis you would go to say a car mechanic or maybe a dry cleaners seeking advice on what to do rather than go to a doctor. After all, no doctor would know how to treat a hemorhoid on a penis because it's never happened before so all those years of exhaustive medical training they went through would be useless and a shoe salesman would be just as qualified to deal with it--because it never happened before. And if a cardilogist put you through a battery of test and told you that you were at an extremely high risk of a heart attack, you'd just tell him "Doc, you don't know shit because it's never happened to me before!" Well damn, all these years presidents and Congress have been waisting their time listening to economist about the US economy because they can only give advice on something that has happened before! With that logic you are a natural born leader for the Tea Bagger Republicans and I can't believe you aren't already in office.

Lebanon, TN

#43 Sep 30, 2013
Rupert B Jigglebottom wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay. Let's say you're right, and everything I've ever been taught about God is true. Then that means God isn't all about America, he's a big fan of humanity. So, as a big fan of humanity, how would you think God feels about Republicans starving the poor, stealing from kids education, and turning away from the sick?
Well, how would he feel about the Dems and abortion and gay rights? I don't think he would be too happy. Remember Sodom and Gomorrah?
Joe

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#45 Sep 30, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, how would he feel about the Dems and abortion and gay rights? I don't think he would be too happy. Remember Sodom and Gomorrah?
"Remember" Sodom and Gomorrah? How could he forget the best days of his miserable life. He, Ronnie the rat P ass more was the ringleader of the mob that wanted to rape the angels. He's doing his damnedest to bring on what he considers the good old days again and can't stop gobbling Obama long enough to hold down a job, brags about living off his wife. Great role model for his daughter and granddaughter. Not.
AntiTyranny

Springdale, AR

#46 Sep 30, 2013
No more debt will be placed on the backs of the American people.
KY Blue

Hopkinsville, KY

#47 Sep 30, 2013
AntiTyranny wrote:
No more debt will be placed on the backs of the American people.
Not exactly true. What you will get is "austerity" something like what is going on in Greece and in Ireland.

The very rich will get a lot richer and everybody else will get a lot poorer.

Just google "greece austerity" and something like "hunger" or "schools" or "universities". That is what the big money people like the Koch brothers behind the Tea Party want to happen in the USA.
AntiTyranny

Springdale, AR

#48 Sep 30, 2013
KY Blue wrote:
<quoted text>
Not exactly true. What you will get is "austerity" something like what is going on in Greece and in Ireland.
The very rich will get a lot richer and everybody else will get a lot poorer.
Just google "greece austerity" and something like "hunger" or "schools" or "universities". That is what the big money people like the Koch brothers behind the Tea Party want to happen in the USA.
Yep, it is the Koch brothers and the Tea Party.

No way could it be the International Banksters.
Rupert B Jigglebottom

Springdale, AR

#49 Sep 30, 2013
At 11:49 tonight, the government will shut down.

At 12:00 tonight Obamacare market places open ...... Regardless.
KY Blue

Hopkinsville, KY

#50 Sep 30, 2013
AntiTyranny wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, it is the Koch brothers and the Tea Party.
No way could it be the International Banksters.
Who do you identify as "international banksters"?

Just who do you think the Koch brothers invite to those secretive meetings that they have, a bunch of poor people? No. The circle around them is the "international banksters".
FeedTheTrolls

Springdale, AR

#51 Sep 30, 2013
At 11:49 tonight, the government will shut down.
At 12:00 tonight Obamacare market places open ...... Regardless.
And FREE healthcare at 12:01 am.
Rupert B Jigglebottom

Springdale, AR

#52 Sep 30, 2013
FeedTheTrolls wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey moron, you can't say it's free and complain about being forced to buy it.

You right wingers are too dizzy from your own spinning to know what's even real any more.
FeedTheTrolls

Springdale, AR

#53 Sep 30, 2013
<quoted text>
Hey moron, you can't say it's free and complain about being forced to buy it.
You right wingers are too dizzy from your own spinning to know what's even real any more.
Hey moron, it has been touted as "Free Health Care."

Where do you see any complaints?

You Left wingers are too dizzy from your own spinning to know what's even real any more.
Rupert B Jigglebottom

Springdale, AR

#54 Sep 30, 2013
FeedTheTrolls wrote:
<quoted text>
You Left wingers are too dizzy from your own spinning to know what's even real any more.
Hey moron, who exactly will be getting healthcare for free?
KY Blue

Hopkinsville, KY

#55 Sep 30, 2013
<quoted text>
200,000 people in the state of Arkansas

http://www.kaiserhealthnews.org/Daily-Reports...
FeedTheTrolls

Springdale, AR

#56 Sep 30, 2013
<quoted text>
Hey moron, the 30 million people that couldn't afford it, which was the whole premise for destroying the healthcare system as we knew it.
Rupert B Jigglebottom

Springdale, AR

#57 Sep 30, 2013
Who are those 30 million that you are saying get medical insurance free of charge?

You're being too vague for someone who claims to know so much about it.

Can you show any documentation that backs your claim that there will be healthcare coverage available to ANYONE free of charge?

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#58 Sep 30, 2013
"Free Obama Care is an oxymoron. FeedTheTrolls
is just a simple moron.

Location hidden

#59 Sep 30, 2013
FeedTheTrolls wrote:
<quoted text>
"If three people say you are an ass, put on a bridle." — Danish proverb
(1) I say you are an ass.
(2)
(3)
lone

United States

#60 Sep 30, 2013
It's not free if it comes out of my pay checks and I and other workers are contributing to pay for it. I say let all the make a wish and march of dimes leeches go away too. These people beg for money all the time. Now it's police and firefighters blocking traffic with big red buckets trying beg money for these charities. Let's shutdown that ridiculous Ronald mcdonald house.

Location hidden

#61 Sep 30, 2013
lone wrote:
It's not free if it comes out of my pay checks and I and other workers are contributing to pay for it. I say let all the make a wish and march of dimes leeches go away too. These people beg for money all the time. Now it's police and firefighters blocking traffic with big red buckets trying beg money for these charities. Let's shutdown that ridiculous Ronald mcdonald house.
Your name "lone" is appropriate ,as you are way out in left field.
You are a miserly old curmudgeon.
Fo Show

Cabot, AR

#62 Sep 30, 2013
FeedTheTrolls wrote:
<quoted text>
Little reality flash for you: People who cannot afford healthcare are getting it free already. The difference is they are getting it at an emergency room and by the time they go there they often have an illness that will cost taxpayers 10 times wh at it would have cost if they could have knocked it out through a quick visit to a primary care doctor!

The basic theory of the Affordable Care Act is the same as the basic formula insurance companies use to provide health insurance. All those paying premiums create a surplus that can be invested so that the cost of claims are covered by the profits. By increasing the size of the pool (i.e. requring basic coverage for all citizens or pay a penalty) the increase in revenue offsets the cost of claims.

It will cost slightly more because the law eliminates penalizing those with pre-existing conditions. The only people who may see slight increases are people who buy private plans like the self-employed. I am in that category but I've had a pre-existing condition that I had to pay out of pocket. The exchanges will offer four levels of coverage to allow flexibility to those opting to purchase insurance through this route.

The president's biggest failure has been in selling the ACA to the American people. Not getting out in front and explaining the program has allowed Republicans & the healthcare industrial complex to run all kinds of rediculous ads claiming bogus consequences to scare the American people. The insurance company lobbyist earned their money because the Public Option (basically allowing anybody to buy Medicare) died early in the debate. It's a good deal for insurance companies but it's also a good deal to the 25 million working people who couldn't afford basic healthcare!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Free Tin Foil Hats 57 min dull needle 3
Tinfoil Hat Teabaggers 1 hr dull needle 27
Apologize to Hillary HERE === > 1 hr LyingCrookedHillary 16
women of dillards 1 hr ok 12
Britain exits European Union 1 hr SickOfGreyBoxingRats 84
illegals with tb spread around states... 1 hr AmericaFirst 1
Farage Roasts EU Bureaucrats 2 hr SickOfGreyBoxingRats 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jonesboro Mortgages