Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2011

guest wrote:
<quoted text>If they serve alcohol, then, they must charge a membership fee. It's the law.
I work there, there is no fee. You just have to sign your name saying you ate there. Stop being ignorant and try it out.
Anon

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2011

WOW, I would have stood up, quieted the place, and asked him to repeat that nice compliment to his patrons. Then tell everyone to leave without paying. What a prick. I'd considered gift cards for a few Christmas gifts but not after reading these comments!
Mister B wrote:
We ate there for lunch yesterday and were in ear shot of a manager tell another employee that they were sick of hearing customers "bitch" about their food , wishes all the "fat asses" would stay home and eat a salad

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2011

Went there the other night. Seated at 4:30 food served an hour later. That took way too long! Complained to the assistant manager. He told us that was not their standard. He informed us the manager would come over and we would be taken care of. WE WERE!!! HE NEVER SHOWED!!!! A while later our waitress gave us our tickets then quickly returned for the money. Then we were ignored the remainder of the time we were there!!!! I FOR ONE WILL NOT BE GOING BACK ANYTIME SOON!

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2011

Went last Thursday night for the first time with a group of four. The place was packed. Seated within 10 minutes. Everything was fine until we ordered and had to wait an hour for our food. My three companions (one of them my teenaged son) had driven separately. I was tired of waiting so gave them money to pay the bill, told them to pack my food to go and bring it home. I've never felt compelled to do that before anywhere!! The food once I ate it at home late that night was quite good (ordered the fish tacos). The manager did comp our meal. Still, would rather have paid myself and had the evening/meal I expected to have. I won't be going back any time soon.

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2011

Judged:

waitress wrote:
<quoted text>
I work there, there is no fee. You just have to sign your name saying you ate there. Stop being ignorant and try it out.
Maybe this is typical of the service staff they're hiring (calls the potential customer ignorant). Reading the string of comments here and having experienced Cheddar's wait staff first hand, I'd say they may want to improve the quality of the wait staff if this restaurant is to survive here in Jonesboro.
Raven

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2011

Maybe what everyone with complaints shoud do is get online and complain to the company. If there are enough complaints then maybe the management and satff will either change the way they are doing things of get some better help.

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2011

Judged:

Raven wrote:
Maybe what everyone with complaints shoud do is get online and complain to the company. If there are enough complaints then maybe the management and satff will either change the way they are doing things of get some better help.
Nah...I'd rather just bitch and moan here on topix.

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2011

Well i can tell you no one in my family will be returning to eat their. We end up waiting for 45 min to be seated true we had 10 people but it still after 45 min 4 of the group got tired and left we even told them we take separate tables after the 4 left got seat right away. Should not have taken that long and should not have taken 4 of are group leaving to get seated. then came the ordering order that drink and apps it to 20 min to get the drinks and a additional 15 to get the apps. We got the cheese dip and chip with all you can eat chips and salsa well ran out of chips and had to what 30 min to get more and when we do it come out with the rest of are food. Well the are main food we had some that was not fully cooked and some that was just cold. Well that just not good but we ate the food that was fresh was good but it was a bad exasperates the worst part how ever was not the food or the serves. The worst is when the manager comes to the table and ask how it was and when may aunt and grandmother complained he proceeded to talk down to them and and basically treat us like were two and don't know what were talking about over all food desert severest and manager suck out of 5 I give it a 2

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2011

Judged:

Guest wrote:
Well i can tell you no one in my family will be returning to eat their. We end up waiting for 45 min to be seated true we had 10 people but it still after 45 min 4 of the group got tired and left we even told them we take separate tables after the 4 left got seat right away. Should not have taken that long and should not have taken 4 of are group leaving to get seated. then came the ordering order that drink and apps it to 20 min to get the drinks and a additional 15 to get the apps. We got the cheese dip and chip with all you can eat chips and salsa well ran out of chips and had to what 30 min to get more and when we do it come out with the rest of are food. Well the are main food we had some that was not fully cooked and some that was just cold. Well that just not good but we ate the food that was fresh was good but it was a bad exasperates the worst part how ever was not the food or the serves. The worst is when the manager comes to the table and ask how it was and when may aunt and grandmother complained he proceeded to talk down to them and and basically treat us like were two and don't know what were talking about over all food desert severest and manager suck out of 5 I give it a 2
I give your education a 2 out of a 5!
james earl rays left nut

Farmington, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2011

Guest wrote:
i can tell youz are negrooos right ??? in that case youz all deserve what you got probally had that blk foul body odor also....

Marion, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2011

Judged:

waitress wrote:
<quoted text>
They are required by state law to charge a fee.

The state should shut them down.

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2011

food has been cold both trips
us too

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2011

I actually liked the food, but it was very cold. I lov the Cheddars n Springield. The food must sit n the window too long n Jtown? The rolls were totally yummy though and were hot.
anonymous

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2011

Guest wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe this is typical of the service staff they're hiring (calls the potential customer ignorant). Reading the string of comments here and having experienced Cheddar's wait staff first hand, I'd say they may want to improve the quality of the wait staff if this restaurant is to survive here in Jonesboro.
As a server there, my response is that if the service was less than excellent, then you need to ask for a girl named Lauren (hot little auburn haired girl) a guy named Nick, Landon, Aaron or a girl named Cindy. They're the best we've seen anywhere and we both have had years in restaurant work.
Lauren Frogge

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2011

This made me laugh, only because I have no clue who posted this. haha!
But just because some service isn't up to your standards then maybe you should ask for a different server or at least treat us like were people. It's very frustrating on our part when you don't acknowledge that we're 1: at work and 2: it's not always the servers faults. Last night no one bothered to tell me that there was NO pasta at all or anything that was made with potatoes...I had 2 parties of 8 and a table of 3...not ONE single person was upset at me because it wasn't my fault. you'd be surprised at how many people think its their serves fault. The kitchen messes up..thats just life. But stiffing a server is rude. we make 2.36 an hour...if you think its such an easy job then you do it and only it and see if you can afford to be stiffed when you have a 3 year old that only you take care of. Sorry if you take this wrong but its truth. Don't think that we servers dont get JUST as upset and mad at the kitchen or whoever messes with our tables. we do because that messes with our money.
Bright side :)
If you want great service, there are some of us like me, who want and care about our job and we do our job to the best of our abilities then ask for me (Lauren) or any of the others mentioned above + some. Cheddars DOES have employees who care about their guests and who do their job.
Hmmm

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2011

Lauren Frogge wrote:
This made me laugh, only because I have no clue who posted this. haha!
But just because some service isn't up to your standards then maybe you should ask for a different server or at least treat us like were people. It's very frustrating on our part when you don't acknowledge that we're 1: at work and 2: it's not always the servers faults. Last night no one bothered to tell me that there was NO pasta at all or anything that was made with potatoes...I had 2 parties of 8 and a table of 3...not ONE single person was upset at me because it wasn't my fault. you'd be surprised at how many people think its their serves fault. The kitchen messes up..thats just life. But stiffing a server is rude. we make 2.36 an hour...if you think its such an easy job then you do it and only it and see if you can afford to be stiffed when you have a 3 year old that only you take care of. Sorry if you take this wrong but its truth. Don't think that we servers dont get JUST as upset and mad at the kitchen or whoever messes with our tables. we do because that messes with our money.
Bright side :)
If you want great service, there are some of us like me, who want and care about our job and we do our job to the best of our abilities then ask for me (Lauren) or any of the others mentioned above + some. Cheddars DOES have employees who care about their guests and who do their job.
Very well said - I've seen your GM and owner -- trust me the issue at Chedder's is NOT the servers, which is unfortunate for both you, your patrons, and your money.
Lauren Frogge

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2011

It's unfortunate but it's life. No use in being distraught over something I have no control over.

I hope someone reads this and isn't rude to their server the next time they come in or atleast a little more understanding.
ginger

Sheridan, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2011

why doesnt cheddars return emails or phone calls i have a serious complaint noone can take the time to call or email whats up and the corp.office doent have a working number cmon ....gingersnap_32@yahoo.com
Carlos Devega

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2011

I have emailed the company twice also with no repsonse , they are pretty crappy
Yep

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2011

This has GOT to be the worse run Chedder's - I've been to Chedder's locations in two other cities and was so excited when I heard they were opening one here and it's just been a huge disappointment. Who's in charge? ANYONE?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 221 - 240 of324
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

171 Users are viewing the Jonesboro Forum right now

Search the Jonesboro Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Being gay is wrong!!! (Feb '10) 11 min Dallas Guest 4,157
Republicans target new female in the war on women. 16 min Guest 63
Tom Cotton endorses affordable care for ‘every ... 24 min Guest 10
‘Blood moon’ sets off apocalyptic debate among... 37 min guest 13
The B E S T Topix Thread Ever 1 hr Computers 19
Crossfit finally in Jonesboro (Jun '11) 1 hr CFNS member 61
Today is TAX DAY 1 hr Rupert B Jigglebottom 36
heavily-armed feds surround nevada ranch... 3 hr Ummm 80
Obama warns Russia 6 hr ObamanismIsaFraud 566