We need to talk about ... Border Secu...

We need to talk about ... Border Security

Posted in the Jonesboro Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Cathouse Mouse

Since: Aug 10

Cathouse Mouse

#1 Feb 10, 2013
The Northern border of the U.S. with Canada recieves little noteriety in the discussion of border security, and that's okay with me. Although there has been terrorists with ill-intent for the U.S. actually CAUGHT trying to cross the border in the North, they were indeed caught by our good security measures in place.

In the South we have a complete different scenario. Southern border security and immigration reform are currently being tied together in Washington as a hand in hand issue. The Republicans are calling for immigration reform to hinge on the border with Mexico being classified as "Secure" ... by whom the responsibility and authority to make that official declaration falls to is still a mystery.

It may surprise many readers here - but I have an opinion.

What is it exactly that is unsecure about our Southern border with Mexico and why is it important?

Currently, the migration at the border is 0%, some studies show a reverse trend meaning that a small portion of migrants are returning to Mexico for the same reason they came here ... to find work.

This would seem to leave migration as an issue at null and void at least right now, with the appreciation that of course if we were to offer something like open citizenship we can all agree that every Mexican this side of Panama would come for, if no other reason, duel citizenship. We can't have that, nor will it ever happen.

I would suggest the next biggest issue with the Southern border is drug smuggling. Most (stress most) Americans these days kinda sorta really don't wanna see the border closed so tight that their pot supply is cut into, causing their prices to go up ... so regardless of party affiliation, you don't truely whole heartedly support a 100% secure Southern border, if you're a pothead ..... now do you? At least not til you can legally grow your own poison, right?

This brings us to the question of legalized marijuana on a National level. I have no personal view on potheads, nor their right to grow their own. I'm "flexible" on the issue. But, it's resonable to think that if pot was completely legal to grow and use nationwide, the drug cartels in Mexico wouldn't have as much incentitive to smuggle theirs here while killing anyone who gets between them and I-10.

Besides, what I'm hearing is, our stuff is better than their stuff. <<< (any experienced feedback encouraged)

Those two issues aside, what other major problem are we having at the border? An occassional squatter on some rich ranchers million acres of desert?

Thoughts?

United States

#2 Feb 10, 2013
Cathouse Mouse wrote:
The Northern border of the U.S. with Canada recieves little noteriety in the discussion of border security, and that's okay with me. Although there has been terrorists with ill-intent for the U.S. actually CAUGHT trying to cross the border in the North, they were indeed caught by our good security measures in place.
In the South we have a complete different scenario. Southern border security and immigration reform are currently being tied together in Washington as a hand in hand issue. The Republicans are calling for immigration reform to hinge on the border with Mexico being classified as "Secure" ... by whom the responsibility and authority to make that official declaration falls to is still a mystery.
It may surprise many readers here - but I have an opinion.
What is it exactly that is unsecure about our Southern border with Mexico and why is it important?
Currently, the migration at the border is 0%, some studies show a reverse trend meaning that a small portion of migrants are returning to Mexico for the same reason they came here ... to find work.
This would seem to leave migration as an issue at null and void at least right now, with the appreciation that of course if we were to offer something like open citizenship we can all agree that every Mexican this side of Panama would come for, if no other reason, duel citizenship. We can't have that, nor will it ever happen.
I would suggest the next biggest issue with the Southern border is drug smuggling. Most (stress most) Americans these days kinda sorta really don't wanna see the border closed so tight that their pot supply is cut into, causing their prices to go up ... so regardless of party affiliation, you don't truely whole heartedly support a 100% secure Southern border, if you're a pothead ..... now do you? At least not til you can legally grow your own poison, right?
This brings us to the question of legalized marijuana on a National level. I have no personal view on potheads, nor their right to grow their own. I'm "flexible" on the issue. But, it's resonable to think that if pot was completely legal to grow and use nationwide, the drug cartels in Mexico wouldn't have as much incentitive to smuggle theirs here while killing anyone who gets between them and I-10.
Besides, what I'm hearing is, our stuff is better than their stuff. <<< (any experienced feedback encouraged)
Those two issues aside, what other major problem are we having at the border? An occassional squatter on some rich ranchers million acres of desert?
Thoughts?
Yeah. You're an idiot. Sit down and STFU.
Punisher

Jonesboro, AR

#4 Feb 10, 2013
The war on drugs, much like prohibition, is a catastrophically expensive failure. We should legalize all drugs if we go that route, because Columbian cocaine will come right I-10 if we take the profit out of pot.
USA INC

Springdale, AR

#5 Feb 10, 2013
There are no borders in the New World Order.

Get over it.

Springdale, AR

#6 Feb 10, 2013
What happened to the #3 post?

Cathouse Mouse

Cathouse Mouse

#7 Feb 12, 2013
So ...

there are no other Southern border concerns beyond those I've mentioned?

Then what exactly is the issue concerning the border and immigration reform? It would appear that "securing the border" is little more than an excuse for righties to prolong getting this behind us and moving forward.

Agreed?
GotAnEyeOnULefti sts

Springdale, AR

#10 Feb 12, 2013
I love CanAmeriCo, it's been very, very good to me.
Punisher

Jonesboro, AR

#11 Feb 12, 2013
My concern as a good Democrat is illegals not paying their fair share. They need to pay 30% of everything they make too!

Jonesboro, AR

#12 Feb 12, 2013
guEst wrote:
If you notice there are several reply's missing.It happens on a lot of threads. CHM has them removed when they do not play as he likes
GotAnEyeOnULefti sts

Springdale, AR

#13 Feb 12, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
If you notice there are several reply's missing.It happens on a lot of threads. CHM has them removed when they do not play as he likes
Well, how then do you get the real gist of the thread?

It then becomes as fake as the Left, does it not?

It would appear to be nothing more than smoke 'n mirrors.
Hello Moron

Stevens Point, WI

#14 Feb 12, 2013
GotAnEyeOnULeftists wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, how then do you get the real gist of the thread?
It then becomes as fake as the Left, does it not?
It would appear to be nothing more than smoke 'n mirrors.
Oh my Oh My look at this the Resident moron from Chicken Shitz town managed again to spell Left Right...Good Boy.
PizznUOffLefty

Springdale, AR

#16 Feb 12, 2013
Hello Moron wrote:
<quoted text>Oh my Oh My look at this the Resident moron from Chicken Shitz town managed again to spell Left Right...Good Boy.
Well, am I?

Springdale, AR

#17 Feb 12, 2013
Post #15 is missing, also.
hump

Stevens Point, WI

#18 Feb 12, 2013
guEst wrote:
is that the one before 4 and after 2?????
PizznUOffLefty

Springdale, AR

#19 Feb 12, 2013
hump wrote:
<quoted text>is that the one before 4 and after 2?????
Yep.

Cathouse Mouse

Cathouse Mouse

#20 Feb 12, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
I just have then removed huh?

That's fascinating!... that you would credit me with that much authority. No wonder people are so obsessed with me. Your minds have allowed you to create a larger than life hero.

I'm just a lefty with a keyboard,... no more - no less.
UtopiaStan

Springdale, AR

#22 Feb 12, 2013
Trolls rule!

Cathouse Mouse

Cathouse Mouse

#23 Feb 13, 2013
UtopiaStan wrote:
Trolls rule!
Troll Den;

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/internet-trol...

Try your luck!

hahahaha
BS IS Called

Dallas, TX

#24 Feb 13, 2013
Cathouse Mouse wrote:
So ...
there are no other Southern border concerns beyond those I've mentioned?
Then what exactly is the issue concerning the border and immigration reform? It would appear that "securing the border" is little more than an excuse for righties to prolong getting this behind us and moving forward.
Agreed?
No.

Cathouse Mouse

Cathouse Mouse

#25 Feb 13, 2013
BS IS Called wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
Waht border concerns do you have other than migration and smuggling my Texas friend?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hillary Clinton, a mistake for 2016 (Apr '13) 2 min guest 4,203
I've figured it out 3 min guest 122
A Better Deal? 32 min guest 3
Trump's First Pet 48 min Trump Eats Babies 12
Trump Pardons 50 min guest 36
Keeping up with the Trumpashians 1 hr wtf 3
Trump Economy 1 hr wtf 2

Jonesboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance