Should my 13 year old get her nipples...

Should my 13 year old get her nipples pierced?

Posted in the Jonesboro Forum

First Prev
of 17
Next Last
single mom

Faridabad, India

#1 Dec 16, 2008
I'm a single mom trying to raise a daughter. She is mature for her age and wants a tatoo. We both agreed after some arguing that she won't get a tattoo until she's at least 18. She wants me to compromise and let her get her nipples pierced.
I don't like it, but I don't think it's nearly as bad as a tattoo. I'd like your opinions, and share them with her while we make our decision. Thanks!

Saint Albans, WV

#2 Dec 16, 2008
why in the hell does a 13 year old need her titties pierced,,,,stop and thank about it,,sometimes the gene pool needs to stop,,and it should have stoped with you

“do not feed the trolls”

Since: Nov 08

Mars Colony

#3 Dec 16, 2008
you really got to be kidding...13 is too young for that type of body piercing.
JUST SOME INSIGHT

United States

#4 Dec 16, 2008
single mom wrote:
I'm a single mom trying to raise a daughter. She is mature for her age and wants a tatoo. We both agreed after some arguing that she won't get a tattoo until she's at least 18. She wants me to compromise and let her get her nipples pierced.
I don't like it, but I don't think it's nearly as bad as a tattoo. I'd like your opinions, and share them with her while we make our decision. Thanks!
HOW ABOUT BELLY BUTTON?I SAY THAT B/C MY NIECE HAD ALOT OF PROBLEMS WITH HER NIPPLES AFTER SHE HAD THEM PIERCED.
enraged

Alexander, AR

#5 Dec 16, 2008
What the hell is wrong with you? Try being a parent instead of her buddy! Is she sleeping around? Why the hell would you even consider such a thing? Unless you get a strong grip on that child you will be called grandma in the next year.
save her reputation

United States

#6 Dec 16, 2008
I cannot imagine being a single mom and raising a child on my own and I mean no disrespect to you, but what purpose does nipple piercing serve ANYONE, much less a 13 year old? The only thing I can think of is that she is going to be flaunting them to someone (or several people). Can you, as a mother, really allow this?
ask

United States

#7 Dec 16, 2008
Absolutely not!!!
IMHO

United States

#8 Dec 16, 2008
A lot of places won't do that to someone so young so first thing is to see if you can even find anyone to do it.
Second, a friend of mine had that done and she had some problems w/the nipples being really sore from her bra just irritating the area.
Third, as long as she knows to take care of them then I don't see why not, as you stated she is a bit young for a tattoo. I say this and I have tattoo's and I would not recommend anyone getting one b4 they are old enough to really know what they want since tastes change however, changing a tattoo isn't so easy.
Lastly, good for you single mom for being so open-minded and letting your daughter be who she is. I think too many people place so much emphasis on things that just don't matter. A teen should be free to explore themselves and be free spirits. As long as they are well-behaved, respectful and mature enough to handle others who may not agree then I say go for it!
guest2

Mountain Home, AR

#9 Dec 16, 2008
It would be my fervent hope that you are some lonely person at work trying to start a non stop posting.

However, it you are REALLY asking a legitimate question, here are my thoughts.

At age 13, your daughter has absolutely NO business getting her nipples pierced or getting a tatoo. I am not even sure you could find a qualified person who would do it even if you did give your consent.

Your daughters body is still growing & maturing - no matter how 'mature' for her age she is. Not only could the piercing cause infection - which could have drastic ramifications - it could also possibly cause problems later in life when she decides to have children. Ask her doctor his opinion (I hope that you wouldn't be turned in for child endangerment - truly).

The biggest point that should be made is that YOU are the grown up and she is the CHILD. Act like it. Take & use your responsibility as the parent and tell her NO. She needs boundaries and if you don't set them now, her teen years are going to be hell for both of you. Set her limits and stick by them - she may get mad and tell you that you are the worst Mother ever, but later, she will thank you for it.

When she is 18, she can do whatever she wants as far as the body art goes.
Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against it, but she is WAY, WAY, WAY too young.

Little Rock, AR

#10 Dec 16, 2008
Why would you even consider letting her get that done. She is still just a child. A 13 year old should not be letting anyone touch or see her breast.
Waffles

United States

#11 Dec 16, 2008
Old trolling is old, but also successful.

United States

#12 Dec 16, 2008
I say belly button... Unless u want her showing her new piercings off.
IMHO

United States

#13 Dec 16, 2008
enraged wrote:
What the hell is wrong with you? Try being a parent instead of her buddy! Is she sleeping around? Why the hell would you even consider such a thing? Unless you get a strong grip on that child you will be called grandma in the next year.
Apparently you skipped sex ed class, last I checked nipple piercing doesn't lead to sleeping around. So she wants to do something that may not be "run of the mill" who cares. If she is mature enough to handle it then there isn't anything wrong w/it. You need to lighten up and quit being so judgemental.
enraged

Alexander, AR

#14 Dec 16, 2008
IMHO wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently you skipped sex ed class, last I checked nipple piercing doesn't lead to sleeping around. So she wants to do something that may not be "run of the mill" who cares. If she is mature enough to handle it then there isn't anything wrong w/it. You need to lighten up and quit being so judgemental.
Why else would a 13 y/o want her nips pierced? To hide them for the rest of her life or to show them off to whatever boys want to see them?
ToHellWithISaySo BeIt

Lake Charles, LA

#15 Dec 16, 2008
isaysobeit wrote:
you really got to be kidding...13 is too young for that type of body piercing.
Go to hell you lazy fat slob
jade

Bossier City, LA

#16 Dec 16, 2008
No way. Thats crazy!
OMG

Russellville, AR

#17 Dec 16, 2008
Ummm, no.

Way, way waayy trashy. Way trashy. No.
Dewayne Westmoreland

Lake Charles, LA

#19 Dec 16, 2008
single mom wrote:
One culture sees nipple piercing as a sign of wealth, another culture views nipple piercings and other Body Art as a gift to thier diety, while still there is another culture A NATIVE AMERICAN TRIBE that celebrates the moving into adulthood at age 13 with nipple piercing, then there is the culture of couch potato government welfare subsidized freaks who watch Al My * Children and cruise the internet on the taxpayers dime who just shout out crap online nonstop day after day after day forever ruining the great telecommuication medium. I think if you and your daughter are in a culture where nipple piercing is both traditional and exceptable then sure, I wouldn't hold a thing against her if she had it done. I do have a question though: Has she expressed a desire to later have children and if so does she plan on breast-feeding?
lvn85

Bossier City, LA

#20 Dec 16, 2008
you seriously need to look into getting yourself some therapy single mom. that has got to be the most ridiculous question i have ever heard. if this is the way that you are raising your child, then i will not be surprised if i see her on fox news as being abducted by some 37 year old rapist. absolutely ridiculous question. you are out of your mind

“do not feed the trolls”

Since: Nov 08

Mars Colony

#21 Dec 16, 2008
ToHellWithISaySoBeIt wrote:
<quoted text>
Go to hell you lazy fat slob
sorry but already there :-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 17
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
bpl 22 min doner man 3
CNN needs to fire Van Jones 58 min Who Knows Joe__ 22
Do We Still Have To Be "PC" After The Trumpster... 2 hr Deplorableknuckle... 19
Piers Morgan destroys liberals 2 hr DeGreaser 1
News Report: Rep. Crawford under consideration for A... 2 hr Dolly7837 4
should a Country have borders? 3 hr guest 8
The House GOP Just Revealed Its Plan To Cut Soc... 3 hr DemoncratsRfakene... 12

Jonesboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance