of 2
Next Last
example

Mountain Home, AR

#1 Jul 3, 2009
just wondering if they were still operating and sending kids there

Willis, TX

#2 Jul 3, 2009
yes they are still very much open, and I'm sure they are accepting kids unless they are currently full.
meme

Mountain Home, AR

#3 Jul 3, 2009
i was just wondering because i used to be there. there is no way i would send my children there, its like a big vacation. it only teaches children that the more u act up the cooler u are to other kids. it was an awesome place. (for fun,that is)
employee

Mountain Home, AR

#4 Jul 4, 2009
I actually work for CYS! It is an emergency placement for teens who really have no where else to go...Yes you can send your kids there if they are being bad and they work on their treatment...but CYS is contracted out by the state, Therefore, we have to follow state guidelines, we can only do what they allow us! You have a mixture of kids with a mixture of problems, not EVERYONE is there for being in bad! But, you are right it is very fun for them, causes a problem for staff sometimes too, But, i can promise that staff is always very fair and treats every client very very well...can really offer kids a safe a place!!!

United States

#5 Jul 5, 2009
employee wrote:
I actually work for CYS! It is an emergency placement for teens who really have no where else to go...Yes you can send your kids there if they are being bad and they work on their treatment...but CYS is contracted out by the state, Therefore, we have to follow state guidelines, we can only do what they allow us! You have a mixture of kids with a mixture of problems, not EVERYONE is there for being in bad! But, you are right it is very fun for them, causes a problem for staff sometimes too, But, i can promise that staff is always very fair and treats every client very very well...can really offer kids a safe a place!!!
you send kids out to other places for them to baby sit them as you dont have time to work with them. some are hard workers but others are lazy as all get out. what is the cut off age? do you have any 18 or older in the program? one is casey who is pure lazy. he sits around while others work their asses off. he is someones pet so what is that teaching them?
employee

Mountain Home, AR

#6 Jul 5, 2009
these are kids!!! KIDS what do you expect!!! dont mention names as to these kids are juveniles! Some of the kids can earn their way to getting a job! not all of them! 18 is as old as DHS or DYS will send them! talk to the state about over 18ers
Seena

Blytheville, AR

#7 Sep 23, 2009
employee wrote:
hi my name is seena mullina i am 16 years old and i will be 17 on october 27 and i really dont want to go back and live with my mom...cause she only wants me there to cook,clean,and watch her kids..and we fight also... i mean i love her and all but i just cant do it anymore..i only been livign whith her for 4 years now and ever sicne i lived whith her she would cuss me..she kicked me out twice..she has hit me..and i swithched to diffrent schools 4 times in one year just because her and my dad fight... and now she is trying to swithc me schools again... please i will do ANYTHING not to go back home to her.. please tell me what i can do...PLEASE.. tell me something today ... and if the cops make me go back with her i swear i will runaway..will you please come let me stay in c.y.s. untill i get my dipolma..PLEASE.. i wont be no trouble i swear... cuase right now i am staying with my aunt and uncle and i am so happy right now with them cause there is no fighting and cussing and its a helther place for me...please tell me what to do

thanks. seena
open

Jonesboro, AR

#8 Sep 23, 2009
yes CYS is still around and Bonnie and her staff do an awesome job. call her and i am sure they can help you or at least put you in the right direction
Seena

Blytheville, AR

#9 Sep 23, 2009
open wrote:
yes CYS is still around and Bonnie and her staff do an awesome job. call her and i am sure they can help you or at least put you in the right direction
yes but i need to get in today or sumtime this week plwase and how can i contact bonnie cause i really will do anything not to go back withmy mom... i dont care if i have to stay there untill i'm 18 i will do it
Seena

Blytheville, AR

#10 Sep 23, 2009
Seena wrote:
<quoted text>
yes but i need to get in today or sumtime this week plwase and how can i contact bonnie cause i really will do anything not to go back withmy mom... i dont care if i have to stay there untill i'm 18 i will do it
please tell me something befor 3 today cause i really need to know something
wondering

Clyde, TX

#12 Dec 2, 2009
What kind of place is this? My niece was sent there recently. She did absolutely nothing wrong, just has a psycho for a mother and the mother placed her there. We can't really get any info other than that. We are worried sick about her. She does need help...people who will listen to her, give her counseling, show her encouragement and support. Is this a place we can rest assured she is getting help or will it just make her draw more within herself and resentful? Every time she turns to the system for help, they turn it around on her and side with the mother and the mother does nothing but lie...manipulative to say the least.

United States

#13 Dec 2, 2009
CYS is great. I hated it when I was there, but now that I'm older I appreciate everything they did for me. My whole life would have been a mess if one of the worker's named Lorrie hadn't convinced me that I was better than the way I was acting. I'm married now and have two kids. I hope they never wind up there but if they do I hope she is still there to help them like she did me.
Airhead

Big Spring, TX

#14 Dec 2, 2009
Seena,
I don't know what to tell you to do, but you are breaking my heart. If I could, I would take you. I don't know all of your situation, but is there any way that your aunt and uncle could file for custody of you? I'm sure if you are sincere about being as good and no problem as you say.....they might go to court and fight for custody of you.
One other thing that I would definately do is go to my counselor at school and speak to her or him. They usually are current on how to handle situations like that and believe it or not, when you need someone to stand up for you, your teachers and counselor will. Hope things work out for you !! Take care !
Wondering

United States

#15 May 7, 2012
employee wrote:
these are kids!!! KIDS what do you expect!!! dont mention names as to these kids are juveniles! Some of the kids can earn their way to getting a job! not all of them! 18 is as old as DHS or DYS will send them! talk to the state about over 18ers
. How old do you have to be to work at cys
Grout it Out

Little Rock, AR

#16 May 14, 2012
How do you get employed there
Boonies

Little Rock, AR

#17 Apr 15, 2013
Does cys drug test employees, if so what kind of test?
Dee

United States

#18 Jan 26, 2014
employee wrote:
.......... I use to be at cys worked a job the whole time I was there I learned a lo there n the stuff ii was round was all cool but it'sbbeen four years since I been there I been I enjoyed it. N love the staff.
way

United States

#19 Jan 27, 2014
What about former greenleaf people from 1996-1998 and stayed in the reach program?
Kris

Saint Louis, MO

#20 Apr 16, 2014
I went there myself and yeah it was fun but you learn things like self discipline , anger control , how to stop smocking , and a host of things .. I remember Mr.Travis and Tundra woooh Miss.Tundra was sexy as hell!!!
SMH

Poplar Bluff, MO

#21 May 14, 2015
I was in CYS and I loved it there. but that was about 15 or 16 years ago . lol Was anyone else in there at that time ? Im looking for someone named Jason Kelley . Would really like to catch up with some of the people I was in there with ....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lazzaris Italian Oven 2 min Lexi 17
Clinton Violated federal records law 24 min guest 9
People Who Return Things. (Jan '11) 56 min Billy Ray 21
Magic Touch Apartments 1 hr Guest 1
Why fat women are ruining the dating scene for ... 1 hr Lexi 399
Obese people face cruel insults, but also live ... 1 hr Guest 5
How many Hillary lies about her servers? (Jun '15) 2 hr Guest 1,135
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jonesboro Mortgages