Temp. to perm. jobs.
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Concerned Sister

Blytheville, AR

#1 Nov 10, 2009
My brother quit a temp. to perm. job.He said they lied to him about 500 hrs.then he'll make it a permanent position.He said the temp. company told him that the job he was doing paid a little more than the job he was originally sent to perform.He was fed up with all the lies and quit.Has any body else experienced a bad deal with temp. services in the area?
Concerned Sister

Blytheville, AR

#2 Nov 10, 2009
oops.I forgot.He stayed at the lower rate of pay.He never got the higher rate he was supposed to be getting.They kept on telling him they would take care of it,but they never did.
Concerned Sister

Blytheville, AR

#3 Nov 10, 2009
I need some responses ,please.I need to know if He's full of it or temp. services are really this bad.
unemployed

Fulton, MS

#4 Nov 10, 2009
Concerned Sister wrote:
I need some responses ,please.I need to know if He's full of it or temp. services are really this bad.
In this present time he should have found another job before quitting anything. Right here at the holidays nobody will be hiring. I hope he doesn't have children thats going to look for Santa. I think it's BS and you do too or you wouldn't be asking. my opinion

United States

#5 Nov 11, 2009
Yes it happens sometimes. They can keep you temp for as long as they want really. Its up to the temp agency and the place you are working for. That is why I no longer use temp agencies. Plus, what does it say about companies that use them? Do they not care about the people they choose to work for them enough to be able to do the hiring themselves? In my opinion, they should care enough about future employees to make the time to do their own interviewing and hiring.
Dum Dum

United States

#6 Nov 11, 2009
Guest wrote:
Yes it happens sometimes. They can keep you temp for as long as they want really. Its up to the temp agency and the place you are working for. That is why I no longer use temp agencies. Plus, what does it say about companies that use them? Do they not care about the people they choose to work for them enough to be able to do the hiring themselves? In my opinion, they should care enough about future employees to make the time to do their own interviewing and hiring.
We use temp agencies for a number of reasons. I'll explain the simplest one as to not confuse you people

Lets say I hire someone and after 3 weeks I decide he isnt going to work out. I cant just fire him for no reason. Too many lawsuits

But if we use a temp agency I can just send him back ;)
new improved kiki

United States

#7 Nov 11, 2009
So, umm, dum dum, when I use u as a reference, is dum dum appropriate? Or Mr. DD?

Blytheville, AR

#8 Nov 11, 2009
Dum Dum wrote:
<quoted text>
We use temp agencies for a number of reasons. I'll explain the simplest one as to not confuse you people
Lets say I hire someone and after 3 weeks I decide he isnt going to work out. I cant just fire him for no reason. Too many lawsuits
But if we use a temp agency I can just send him back ;)
Arkansas is a right to work state,wich means the workers don't have any rights at all.You can fire for no reason and not worry about any kind of lawsuit at all.
Dum Dum

United States

#9 Nov 11, 2009
new improved kiki wrote:
So, umm, dum dum, when I use u as a reference, is dum dum appropriate? Or Mr. DD?
Just Dum Dum is fine ;)
Dum Dum

United States

#10 Nov 11, 2009
guest wrote:
<quoted text>Arkansas is a right to work state,wich means the workers don't have any rights at all.You can fire for no reason and not worry about any kind of lawsuit at all.
Dum Dum feels stupid lol
new improved kiki

United States

#11 Nov 11, 2009
Dum Dum wrote:
<quoted text>
Dum Dum feels stupid lol
awww! dum dum want gum gum?
jethro

Russellville, AR

#12 Nov 11, 2009
yee haw
some are

Columbia, MO

#13 Nov 11, 2009
Concerned Sister wrote:
I don't know what temp service he used but i do know for a fact that AID in Pocahontas is really bad about failing to mention that they offer insurance after so long i believe it is 90 days and they also fail to mention after you have been with them for so many hours they owe you a week paid vacation, because you work at a job site you have to put in for it at AID and they give you a week check.
i know

Osceola, AR

#14 Nov 11, 2009
guest wrote:
<quoted text>Arkansas is a right to work state,wich means the workers don't have any rights at all.You can fire for no reason and not worry about any kind of lawsuit at all.
Yeah well this is bullshit. This should apply when you can walk in a door and walk out the door having the capacity as you did when you walked in. Not dealing with hellish nightmares and some severe personal issues and communication problems it takes two years to be able to get through enough to be able to talk about.
crazy

Osceola, AR

#15 Nov 11, 2009
I guess there's some things people would walk through fire for.

Little Rock, AR

#16 Nov 11, 2009
You might want to check your brother's story again. A lot of temp to hire jobs depend on performance and attendence. He might not have been able to perform to the specifications of the job or he might have been late a lot or even absent a lot. They aren't going to not hire you for just any reason. Obviously they thought he would be a possibility for hire, or it would have just been a regular temp job. He might just be too embarrassed to tell you. The temp service we use issues warnings for such things and gives the person a chance to improve. He was probably just too embarrassed to tell you the truth. It sucks, but that is more than likely the case.
Duh

United States

#17 Nov 11, 2009
some are wrote:
<quoted text> I don't know what temp service he used but i do know for a fact that AID in Pocahontas is really bad about failing to mention that they offer insurance after so long i believe it is 90 days and they also fail to mention after you have been with them for so many hours they owe you a week paid vacation, because you work at a job site you have to put in for it at AID and they give you a week check.
That's probably typical with the "economy" the way it is today. No real "AIDS" there.
sunshine

Blytheville, AR

#18 Nov 11, 2009
I have went threw a temp service before. And I do know that temp service and company that you are working for have a agreement on your contract.They may pay you for a $8 when you are making $10hr because they do get a portion of your pay for their fees because they are the ones who are writing your check. After your 90days are up depending on the hours that contract saids they can make you permanent or send you back. I do know if they like your work and feel like they can depend on you they will usually buy out your contract and you will be making what your suppost to.
maybe

Paragould, AR

#19 Nov 12, 2009
guest wrote:
<quoted text>Arkansas is a right to work state, which means the workers don't have any rights at all.You can fire for no reason and not worry about any kind of lawsuit at all.
Yes, Arkansas is a right to work state - which means that an employee is not required to join a union representing a company's employees.

Arkansas is also an employment-at-will state, which means that either the employee or the company can terminate the employment relationship, for any or no reason (as long as it's not discriminatory on the company's part). Most people think this sucks, but I'm grateful that I am not required by law to give a 2 week notice if I find a better job that wants me to start ASAP.

Kingston, Jamaica

#20 Dec 17, 2009
The temp agency does not take part of your pay. The company you work for tells the temp agency what to pay. The temp service then turns around and bills the client a percentage above the pay rate. Temp to hire most of the time depends on the temp worker. Why would you make somebody permanent employee, if they can't do the job, show up to work or be on time???
sunshine wrote:
I have went threw a temp service before. And I do know that temp service and company that you are working for have a agreement on your contract.They may pay you for a $8 when you are making $10hr because they do get a portion of your pay for their fees because they are the ones who are writing your check. After your 90days are up depending on the hours that contract saids they can make you permanent or send you back. I do know if they like your work and feel like they can depend on you they will usually buy out your contract and you will be making what your suppost to.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Illegals 3 min PushingTheRatsBut... 4
Godseys Hilltop 4 min Guest 7
District judge could face racketeering charges 7 min Kelly F 4
I Kelly am Ashamed 11 min Kelly F 24
Happy Birthday Abe Lincoln 32 min Kelly F 4
What happend to the four tribes of African Amer... 42 min Kelly F 2
Repair @ Fletcher Dodge, Jonesboro 1 hr Sharing my experi... 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jonesboro Mortgages