First Prev
of 8
Next Last

“truth is a three edged sword”

Since: Jan 11

Babylon 5, Epsilon Eridani

#1 Mar 13, 2013
A pair of Arkansas lawmakers has filed legislation that would require the two football teams to meet up for one football game at War Memorial Stadium in Little Rock.
The bill by Republican Rep. Andy Mayberry of Hensley and Democratic Rep. Harold Copenhaver of Jonesboro would require at least $250,000 of the ticket sales from the game to go to charity.
Mayberry set up a website, www.arkansasasubenefit.com , to poll visitors on whether they want the schools to meet up and which charity they'd like to benefit from the game.
found the above at kait8's website. take the poll if you would like to see the game.

United States

#2 Mar 13, 2013
What screwball thought this up? It won't happen so give it up!

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#3 Mar 13, 2013
You'll eat those words!
KYBoar

Louisville, KY

#4 Mar 16, 2013
The poll looks to have been taken over by hackers

You vote No and a counter No Vote happens

As a person who has worked political campaigns it is important to note these two law makers tied the game to charity and the charity that is winning is Children Hospital

In politics when a bill is tied to children and charity the real purpose if the bill is never about either

I hope a good investigating reporter looks into who has real interest and gains from this charade

ASU is obvious but for the politicians to be involved they certainly have significant gain - why is this do important for them and why?
KYBoar

Louisville, KY

#5 Mar 16, 2013
This is a correction to the earlier post that was posted by mistake while being reviewed

The correct post is:
KYBoar wrote:
You vote No and a counter YES Vote happens

As a person who has worked political campaigns it is important to note these two law makers tied the game to charity and the charity that is winning is Children Hospital

My observation is that In politics when a bill is tied to children and charity the real purpose of the bill is never about either

I hope a good investigating reporter looks into who has real interest and who really gains from this charade

ASU is obvious but for the politicians to be involved they certainly have significant gain - why is this do important for them and why?
Black

Fayetteville, AR

#6 Mar 16, 2013
KYBoar wrote:
You vote No and a counter No Vote happens
In politics when a bill is tied to children and charity the real purpose if the bill is never about either
I hope a good investigating reporter looks into who has real interest and gains from this charade
Didn't Harold Copenhaver barely beat Jon Hubbard, even after Hubbard outted himself as a moron and a racist? Seems like he and Andy Mayberry are trying to ingratiate themselves to NEA voters with a vanity bill like this.

It may work, but they probably won't gain much respect at the capital for introducing legislation that violates NCAA rules (benefit games are not allowed) and very likely violates the Illegal Extraction clause in the Arkansas constitution.

Jonesboro, AR

#7 Mar 17, 2013
Copenhaver is committing political suicide by going against the Razorback fans. He is an ASU Alum and supporter and I understand and respect that. However, That is like going against the Mormons in Utah. Sure, there are Baptist and Catholics in Utah but you must think just a little. If politicians spend time on this when people are raping the welfare system of millions and people are hungry all over the state and out of work, they are cutting there own throats come election time. Wake up Harold!!!! News Flash!! There are about 10X as many Hog fans in your voting area as there are Wolf fans. Don't do it!!!
CAN I GET A ROLL TIDE

Jonesboro, AR

#8 Mar 17, 2013
Maybe they should play a charity basketball game since neither one even made the NIT?

ROLL TIDE!
guest71

Jonesboro, AR

#9 Mar 17, 2013
guest wrote:
Copenhaver is committing political suicide by going against the Razorback fans. He is an ASU Alum and supporter and I understand and respect that. However, That is like going against the Mormons in Utah. Sure, there are Baptist and Catholics in Utah but you must think just a little. If politicians spend time on this when people are raping the welfare system of millions and people are hungry all over the state and out of work, they are cutting there own throats come election time. Wake up Harold!!!! News Flash!! There are about 10X as many Hog fans in your voting area as there are Wolf fans. Don't do it!!!
Who makes their decision on who to vote for by what University the Politician cheers for? I voted for Harold and I'm a hog fan and I could give a f**k less that he cheers for the Wolves.

Ash Flat, AR

#10 Mar 18, 2013
This is what our elected officials are concerned with and spending time and money on!!

Looks like more govt waste!!!!

Jonesboro, AR

#11 Mar 18, 2013
Guest wrote:
This is what our elected officials are concerned with and spending time and money on!!

Looks like more govt waste!!!!
Looks like you're a hog fan.. Never seen so many people freaked out about playing a game ...

Grand Prairie, TX

#12 Mar 18, 2013
guest71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Who makes their decision on who to vote for by what University the Politician cheers for? I voted for Harold and I'm a hog fan and I could give a f**k less that he cheers for the Wolves.
Gee, not like there was much of a choice.

Ash Flat, AR

#13 Mar 18, 2013
[QUOTE who=".."]<quoted text>
Looks like you're a hog fan.. Never seen so many people freaked out about playing a game ...[/QUOTE]

Wrong. I'm a asu grad and never watch or keep up with football!!
But I am tire of the dumbass politicians wasting tax dollars on such crap!!!
Our government officials are not even qualified to be a tackling dummy!!!

Really a football game is what they are concerned with!!!

Jonesboro, AR

#14 Mar 18, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Iagree, with all the crap going on in this country and a politician spends even one minute on who wants to play who in a game? COME ON MAN!!!!!

Jonesboro, AR

#15 Mar 18, 2013
Guest wrote:
Looks like you're a hog fan.. Never seen so many people freaked out about playing a game ... "

Happened in states all over the country .. And those states are now doin just fine .. This isn't the first time it's been brought up by state officials.. The results in other states has been a positive one. It generates revenue and excitement that could keep money in the state and keep students in the state from going out of state to school... Seems like a great idea . And u know you didn't really shout while typing those !!!!!!! So have a conversation without the fake screaming and excitement.

Jonesboro, AR

#16 Mar 18, 2013
Happened in states all over the country .. And those states are now doin just fine .. This isn't the first time it's been brought up by state officials.. The results in other states has been a positive one. It generates revenue and excitement that could keep money in the state and keep students in the state from going out of state to school... Seems like a great idea . And u know you didn't really shout while typing those !!!!!!! So have a conversation without the fake screaming and excitement.[/QUOTE]
How do you know if he shouted while typing those?!!!!!
It generates revenue? UA seems to do fine generating revenue. In fact, Having it in LR would generate less revenue than a game in Fayetteville by about 1 million bucks less. Seems the UA doesn't meed more "excitement" by playing ASU but ASU does by the look of the crowds they have. Keep the money in state? Why does it matter if ASU gets hammered by Nebraska for a million and UA gives away a million out of state. The final $ is the same. Boils down to ASU needs help from UA to possibly get a shot in the arm and UA doesn't want to share the pie. If I was UA I wouldn't either and if I was ASU, I would try to get the state to help me out since I am not doing any good at helping myself. Just like the Basketball arena thing. The UA builds a new basketball arena with private donations and ASU cries and says the NE part of the state deserves to have a nice place to play so the taxpayers have to build ASU a place 'cause they can't raise any $ on thier own.
Quit whining and do your own thing. I know Obama says take from the workers and give to those who don't wanna work but- Come on Man !!!!!

Jonesboro, AR

#17 Mar 18, 2013
Guest wrote:
Happened in states all over the country .. And those states are now doin just fine .. This isn't the first time it's been brought up by state officials.. The results in other states has been a positive one. It generates revenue and excitement that could keep money in the state and keep students in the state from going out of state to school... Seems like a great idea . And u know you didn't really shout while typing those !!!!!!! So have a conversation without the fake screaming and excitement."

It generates revenue? UA seems to do fine generating revenue. In fact, Having it in LR would generate less revenue than a game in Fayetteville by about 1 million bucks less. Seems the UA doesn't meed more "excitement" by playing ASU but ASU does by the look of the crowds they have. Keep the money in state? Why does it matter if ASU gets hammered by Nebraska for a million and UA gives away a million out of state. The final $ is the same. Boils down to ASU needs help from UA to possibly get a shot in the arm and UA doesn't want to share the pie. If I was UA I wouldn't either and if I was ASU, I would try to get the state to help me out since I am not doing any good at helping myself. Just like the Basketball arena thing. The UA builds a new basketball arena with private donations and ASU cries and says the NE part of the state deserves to have a nice place to play so the taxpayers have to build ASU a place 'cause they can't raise any $ on thier own.
Quit whining and do your own thing. I know Obama says take from the workers and give to those who don't wanna work but- Come on Man !!!!!
I'll respond in detail later . Not enough time right now .. But before u go talking about getting "hammered" Remember how bad hogs lost all year .. Don't forget the Bama drumming ... Something close to 51-0 right ?
Hurricane

Jonesboro, AR

#18 Mar 18, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
The Convocation Center was built BEFORE Bud Walton.

United States

#19 Mar 18, 2013
Hurricane wrote:
<quoted text>
The Convocation Center was built BEFORE Bud Walton.
But, it was built with state money, unlike Bud Walton Arena.

Ash Flat, AR

#20 Mar 18, 2013
The hell with playing the pink wolves!!

UoA would be better if playing pine bluff They have a better team than asu!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Frito maintenance 2 hr local 8
Passtcert vmware vcan610 bootcamp training 2 hr howard 1
Hillary Clinton, a mistake for 2016 (Apr '13) 2 hr Guest 3,824
Global Warming Facts 3 hr Sux2BeU 330
Dennis Hastert - Republican 3 hr Guest 59
Child Molester Josh Duggar Chillin' With A Bunc... 3 hr Sux2BeThem 96
Lindsey Graham - #9 4 hr Fo Show 10
Monette murder or suicide? 7 hr hey 86
MowRons vs Muslims 7 hr Fo Show 78
Local Dentist suspended 8 hr JustAnotherGuest 35