pope benadict xvi resigns

pope benadict xvi resigns

Posted in the Jonesboro Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
guest

United States

#1 Feb 11, 2013
wonder how many boys he had sex with??
FatherWhoCares

Springdale, AR

#3 Feb 11, 2013
First one to quit since 1415 a.d.

Cathouse Mouse

Since: Aug 10

Cathouse Mouse

#4 Feb 11, 2013
This is just breaking, and there are no real facts being released about the reason for this Pope to step down, but it is a known fact that all records concerning child abuse within the Catholic Church by Priests have been assembled and delivered to the Vatican where they are locked away.

With the ever increasing pressure on the Catholics to come clean, and the fact that this Pope was formerly in charge of child abuse investigations for Pope John Paul, one can fully expect for the smell of conspiracy to begin to rise in a few more days.
guest2

United States

#5 Feb 11, 2013
you're wrong.

just do a few hail mary's and it's okay.

rotfl!!!!!!!!!
FatherWhoCares

Springdale, AR

#6 Feb 11, 2013
Cathouse Mouse wrote:
This is just breaking, and there are no real facts being released about the reason for this Pope to step down, but it is a known fact that all records concerning child abuse within the Catholic Church by Priests have been assembled and delivered to the Vatican where they are locked away.
With the ever increasing pressure on the Catholics to come clean, and the fact that this Pope was formerly in charge of child abuse investigations for Pope John Paul, one can fully expect for the smell of conspiracy to begin to rise in a few more days.
May be getting ready for a trip to h-ll early.
guest2

United States

#7 Feb 11, 2013
Cathouse Mouse wrote:
This is just breaking, and there are no real facts being released about the reason for this Pope to step down, but it is a known fact that all records concerning child abuse within the Catholic Church by Priests have been assembled and delivered to the Vatican where they are locked away.
With the ever increasing pressure on the Catholics to come clean, and the fact that this Pope was formerly in charge of child abuse investigations for Pope John Paul, one can fully expect for the smell of conspiracy to begin to rise in a few more days.
there should be a special place in hell for people of "power" to let this crap go on.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#8 Feb 11, 2013
They're saying he stepped down due to an infirm issue.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#10 Feb 11, 2013
I'm betting is was more of a "firm" issue if you know what I mean?
Guest

Jonesboro, AR

#11 Feb 11, 2013
1.2 billion people like the church.
FatherWhoCares

Springdale, AR

#12 Feb 11, 2013
The All Knowing wrote:
They're saying he stepped down due to an infirm issue.
He can't get firm anymore?

That is not a reason to resign, there's a little blue pill for that now.

“truth is a three edged sword”

Since: Jan 11

Babylon 5, Epsilon Eridani

#13 Feb 11, 2013
Pope Benedict XVI announced Monday he would resign Feb. 28 because he is simply too old to carry on. Here is the text of his announcement, delivered to cardinals gathered for a ceremony to name three new saints.

"Dear Brothers,

I have convoked you to this Consistory, not only for the three canonizations, but also to communicate to you a decision of great importance for the life of the Church. After having repeatedly examined my conscience before God, I have come to the certainty that my strengths, due to an advanced age, are no longer suited to an adequate exercise of the Petrine ministry. I am well aware that this ministry, due to its essential spiritual nature, must be carried out not only with words and deeds, but no less with prayer and suffering. However, in today's world, subject to so many rapid changes and shaken by questions of deep relevance for the life of faith, in order to govern the bark of Saint Peter and proclaim the Gospel, both strength of mind and body are necessary, strength which in the last few months, has deteriorated in me to the extent that I have had to recognize my incapacity to adequately fulfill the ministry entrusted to me. For this reason, and well aware of the seriousness of this act, with full freedom I declare that I renounce the ministry of Bishop of Rome, Successor of Saint Peter, entrusted to me by the Cardinals on 19 April 2005, in such a way, that as from 28 February 2013, at 20:00 hours, the See of Rome, the See of Saint Peter, will be vacant and a Conclave to elect the new Supreme Pontiff will have to be convoked by those whose competence it is.

Dear Brothers, I thank you most sincerely for all the love and work with which you have supported me in my ministry and I ask pardon for all my defects. And now, let us entrust the Holy Church to the care of Our Supreme Pastor, Our Lord Jesus Christ, and implore his holy Mother Mary, so that she may assist the Cardinal Fathers with her maternal solicitude, in electing a new Supreme Pontiff. With regard to myself, I wish to also devotedly serve the Holy Church of God in the future through a life dedicated to prayer."

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#14 Feb 11, 2013
Guest wrote:
1.2 billion people like the church.
Just because everybody is doing it doesn't make it right!
FatherWhoCares

Springdale, AR

#15 Feb 11, 2013
So, now we get the "Black" Pope?

And I don't mean color.
Petrus Romanus

Providence, UT

#16 Feb 11, 2013
Catholic prophecies about Petrus Romanus, the last pope, the rise of the antichrist, the end of the world as we know it, with only the one pope left after this Benedict one is out of the way. Interesting reading.
gus

United States

#17 Feb 11, 2013
heard he resigned so he could apply for an assistant coach job at penn state.
St Malachy

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#19 Feb 11, 2013
The next pope will be the last pope; after his reign Rome will be destroyed. Such has been the prophecy of St. Malachy, an Irish bishop who at his death in 1148 A.D. was discovered to have left behind a prophetic list of all future popes beginning with Pope Celestine II, whose papacy began in 1143 A.D.

Malachy included a single line in Latin identifying a characteristic of each pope.

Historians say Malachy's prediction wherein he listed just 112 popes has been amazingly accurate. Here are the seven last popes as identified from St. Malachy's list:

106. Pius XII 1939 - 1958
Eugenio Pacelli
Pastor Angelicus
Translated: An Angelic Shepherd

107. John XXIII 1968 - 1963
Angelo Giuseppe Roncalli
Pastor Et Natua
Translated: Pastor and Mariner

108. Paul VI 1963 - 1978
Giovanni Battista Montini
Flos Florum
Translated: Flower of Flowers

109. John Paul I 1978 - 1978
Albino Luciani
De Medietate Lunae
Translated: Of the Half Moon

110. John Paul II 1978 - 2005
Karol Jozef Wojtyla
De Labore Solis
Translated: From the Toil of the Sun

111. The next pope
"Gloria Olivae"
Translated: The Glory of the Olive

112. The last pope!
"Petrus Romanus"
Translated: Peter the Roman

Malachy on the last pope: "In extreme persecution, the seat of the Holy Roman Church will be occupied by Peter the Roman, who will feed the sheep through many tribulations, at the term of which the city of seven hills will be destroyed, and the formidable Judge will judge the people. The End."

According to his biographer St. Bernard of Clairvaux, in his book "Life of Saint Malachy," the saint was known to have the gift of prophesy and had even predicted the exact day and hour of his own death. Saint Malachy was canonized in 1190 by Pope Clement III.

While in Rome in 1139, Saint Malachy is said to have gone into a trance and received a vision in which he foresaw all the popes from the death of Innocent II until the end of time. He wrote a few words about each pope and gave the manuscript to Pope Innocent II, who is said to have deposited it in Vatican Archives.

The manuscript contains 112 prophecies, which scholars have matched with each of the 110 popes and anti-popes since Innocent II .

Here are the prophecies for the most recent popes:

Paul VI. The words of the 108th prophecy are "Flos Florum" (Flower of Flowers). The 108th pope after Innocent II was Paul VI (1963-78). His coat of arms included three fleurs-de-lis (iris blossoms).

John Paul I. The 109th is "De Medietate Lunae" (Of the Half Moon). The corresponding pope was John Paul I (1978-78), who was born in the diocese of Belluno (beautiful moon) and was baptized Albino Luciani (white light). He became pope on August 26, 1978, when the moon appeared exactly half full. It was in its waning phase. He died the following month, soon after an eclipse of the moon.

John Paul II. The 110th is "De Labore Solis" (Of the Solar Eclipse, or From the Toil of the Sun). The corresponding pope was John Paul II (1978-2005). John Paul II was born on May 8, 1920 during an eclipse of the sun. Like the sun, he came out of the East (Poland). Like the sun, he visited countries all around the globe.

Today the final two prophecies are yet to be fulfilled:

The 111th prophecy is "Gloria Olivae" (The Glory of the Olive). The meaning of the olive is unclear. The Order of Saint Benedict not St. Malachy has claimed that this pope will come from its ranks and Saint Benedict himself prophesied that before the end of the world his Order, known also as the Olivetans, will triumphantly lead the Catholic Church in its final fight against evil. Remember, Benedict is the current pope.

The 112th prophecy says, "In the final persecution of the Holy Roman Church there will reign Petrus Romanus (Peter the Roman), who will feed his flock amid many tribulations; after which the seven-hilled city will be destroyed and the dreadful Judge will judge the people.
msnbc

United States

#20 Feb 11, 2013
all i know is i bet little kids are involved in this thing. catholics are usually as greedy as jews. he's not running for no reason.
qwe

Memphis, TN

#21 Feb 11, 2013
Guest wrote:
1.2 billion people like the church.
Church or Cult. Catholic is not a Church.
Guest

Jonesboro, AR

#22 Feb 11, 2013
Thank goodness a mortal from the 21st century is setting the record straight lol
koko

United States

#23 Feb 11, 2013
what's up with smoke urns and all that monotone signing??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
state med mary j 2 hr big leafy problem 1
Kyle Rees passed away 2 hr Catch these hands 16
Colin Kaepernick honored with Amnesty Internati... 2 hr See The Light 4
News Man fires at reported intruder, accidentally sh... 2 hr Guest 5
News Suit filed against Walnut Ridge officers, mayor... 3 hr JUSTICE 4 adam 19
Lake City truck driver in critical condition in... 4 hr Guest 11
BREAKING!!!...about time 4 hr Guest 42

Jonesboro Jobs

Personal Finance

Jonesboro Mortgages