Puppy Patch Bono Unethical Business P...
new owner

Newport, AR

#61 Feb 9, 2012
I ignored the fact that everyone said they got unhealthy dogs from the puppy patch. Now I know why they have said that. I just recently purchased my puppy there.$500 shots & papers included. When I picked him up she said to take him to the vet to get one last shot. So, I did. He tells me that it's common knowledge (you can google it, I did) that you have to wait AT THE VERY LEAST 2 weeks in between vaccines for puppies. And she had only waited 7 days. This completely defeated the purpose of even getting them. So I now had to pay for his vaccines all over again. So if you wondered why your puppy from there was unhealthy, that might have something to do with it. Other than that, my puppy was healthy. So, if you are purchasing from there, please be aware that her vaccines are NOT VALID.
meli

United States

#62 Feb 9, 2012
just saying wrote:
<quoted text>OK, I have owned boxers for the last 16 years of my life. I have had 4 litters total from my male and female. I never made money breeding them. I broke even after vet care (all of them are vet cared which includes shots, dewormer, flea prevention, heartworm prevention and so on), good quality food for them, buying supplies to help the female when she was in labor, washing puppy blankets to keep them free from pee and poop. I raised them indoors and housetrained, socialized, and loved them daily. These are qualities to seek in a good breeder. There is something wrong with Puppy Patch. You don't stick pups in a cage and have them sit there day in and day out and think everything is going to be fine and dandy when they leave to new homes. You will have a dog that seems like its been raised on crack. Pups that are not socialized do not make good dogs.

All of you people need to research what a good breeder does. Good breeders don't raise pups out in a 10 by 10 pen or a garage or a shed out back. They raise them as part of the family and only breed one kind of dog not several breeds. They will have vet receipts to give you for every trip they made to the vet. They also will give you food for the pup when it leaves with you. A good breeder will also screen you as if you are adopting one of their kids, they wont sell to anyone who has the money. I love and care for my boxers like they are my kids and I did all of the above for all of my buyers.

Just because some breeders are unethical doesn't mean they all are.
this is unrelated to the issue but do you know where I could get a boxer? My mom wants one badly. I'll send you my email if necessary. Thanks so much!
gypsy rose

Jonesboro, AR

#63 Feb 9, 2012
Same thing happened to us, my son had decided he was finally grown up enough to take care of his first pet. He was so excited! He had worked hard for 6 months proving to us he could take care of a puppy. We get up there and he picks out this adorable little dog and BEFORE we got home this puppy was very sick and died 7 days later! My son was devastated and I felt so bad for this little puppy! No refunds they said so I really thought about calling a lawyer but decided against it. We took our son to adopt a dog and I can't believe we didn't do this from the beginning. It has been 3 years and we can't imagine being without Presley! She is a great dog! Please adopt, all these dogs really need is love and affection!
new owner

Newport, AR

#64 Feb 10, 2012
just to follow up on my previous post. my friend that bought her dog there just got hers checked out. same thing was said,had to have shots over again because she gave them wrong.
pups

Corinth, MS

#65 Feb 10, 2012
Always try to adopt from the jonesboro humane society or pound. We adopted a pitbull named Ace he is the perfect addition to our family very loving and no problems at all! Also if someone wants a particular breed then Petfinder can help you adopt a full blooded animal.
Jennifer

United States

#66 Aug 18, 2012
I bought my boston terrier there, she has never had any problems. Had her for almost a year now. Best dog ever!
Gingers Master

Lake City, AR

#67 Aug 19, 2012
I bought a puppy from the puppy patch almost 3 years ago, her name is Ginger, she is perfect, potty trained very easy, very well natured, loves people and the most well behaved member of our family. We took her to the Vet 2 days after we got her, The Vet agreed with Puppy Patch's records and gave her a good health report. We were given a garentee from the puppy patch, i will do business with them again. As for the smell, its not a flower shop people, its a pet store.
lovesrescues

Jonesboro, AR

#68 Aug 19, 2012
rescues suck wrote:
<quoted text>I will never get a dog from a rescue/shelter. My dogs are always purebred and come from a breeder. If I wanted a mutt, I would pick one up off the streets for free. Not paying a ton of money for a dog set in its way with behavioral issues that the rescue tried to cover up. I have both volunteered and attempted to adopt before. I will never have anything to do with a rescue again. I would rather buy and spend more at Puppy Patch. Although my current dog came from a private breeder, not a store or rescue. Let people make their own decisions. We were all given brains for a reason. Rescues/shelters are always talking poorly of anyone that chooses to get a dog somewhere else besides through them.
I adopted my little dog from Animal Control. She is 2 years old and perfect. Housebroken and a wonderful personality. It didn't matter to us what breed she was. She is a fantastic companion. We are extremely happy with her. Rescue don't Shop.
Puppylover

United States

#69 Aug 26, 2012
I was online researching a place where my family and I could purchase a chihuahua, I came across this site and WILL NOT be purchasing anything from the Puppy patch in BONO. We live in Jonesboro so we'll look into the animal shelter or a hobby breeder.
Kimberly

Jonesboro, AR

#70 Oct 1, 2012
Well we got a puppy who orignally came from puppy palace which I belive is puppy patch its in bono. The girl had paid 300.00 a piece for a brother and sister. I dont know that place never been there because the girl realized she couldnt handle both and I got one. I cannot attest for what they do but our puppy that we got from a neighbor is fine. We got her in Febuary 2012. Little Shih Tzu and she is beautiful. She is close to a year old. I have a male shih tzu/Lhasa unfortunately they got together her first heat. And now we have puppies. They are beautiful. Im not big on puppy stores Im just not. We have always used rescues or bought from a breeder not a puppy mill. But saw this and just wanted to say our puppy from there is great. Was hard to potty train but which one isn't sometimes :D
dog lover

Olive Branch, MS

#71 Nov 22, 2012
Most places adoption fees are about that high now!
New York City Chick

United States

#72 Dec 2, 2012
You know her? I hope so....she's your mother
New York City Chick

United States

#73 Dec 2, 2012
Agent wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so ignorant, I have been in there many times to see the animals but all of them are to scared to even play with anyone like they are beaten or something, and they do defecate all over each other that's why they had signs saying please don't touch them because we might get sick.
Gin Girl is Ginger Mcgonigle, the owner's daughter.
;)

United States

#74 Dec 2, 2012
I got my golden blonde retriever from my cousin, which mom and dad are register champions. I got her for free. Now she is two years old very smart and right at 90 lbs. I know that's beside the point but all the puppies they have they give away. They could sell for profit but they don't sell they as registered. If you want to pay for the papers they would get you the information needed. I don't care about papers tho.

Longview, TX

#75 Dec 2, 2012
dog lover wrote:
Most places adoption fees are about that high now!
Not really. Just depends where you get them from. I know this is kinda off topic but I got my kitten from animal control I paid 55 dollars for him which seems a little high but when you like at this way I only paid 55 dollars for a kitten who was already fixed! Humane Society I believe was 75-80 dollars but then again already fixed. I'm sure a puppy from either place would be a little more maybe 100 dollars and not a pure breed. But I think pure bred critters are over rated! A lot of times you pay and arm an a leg just for the critter then pay for shots and for it to be fixed and that's if you're lucky enough to get a pure bred critter that doesn't have a lot of health problems! Ill take a mutt any day over a pure bred! And the next critter I get I will look at adopting from somewhere.

Longview, TX

#76 Dec 2, 2012
Oh and something else, I've heard a lot of bad things about the puppy patch from people have paid good money for puppies from there. When so many people have bad things to say about a place it's probably best to stay away from it.
Korey

United States

#77 Dec 27, 2012
Same here black dog sold to my 17 year old cousin for my grandma - dog hasn't moved in three days shaking the whole time and crying- whoever you are that said this is lies - the reason I'm making this post is because I love animals - this is reoccurring and I don't ever wanna see a dog act like that ever - I'm taking it back but not to hell- to the humane society- I wish I could post a video of this poor baby - this happened 12-24-12
K T Jonesboro

Jonesboro, AR

#78 Jan 24, 2013
Well, I did purchase my rat terrier there back in 2005. I regret ever giving them my money because they get those poor puppies from inhumane puppy mills and I am strongly against that, but then again I was 18 and didn't know about puppy mills then. Anyways, my puppy Minnie was so cute, but when I got her home she had a bad eye infection. Once I got that cleared up, she was fine physically. But all the time that I had her, she was the most anxiety riddled dog. She was my baby but her anxiety was so bad that she wouldn't let anyone but me handle her. This anxiety led to running away from my relatives when I left her with them. I think she got that anxiety because of the Puppy Patch. DON'T SUPPORT PUPPY MILLS. Don't by from pet stores like that. You're just feeding the system. I don't regret my baby Minnie, but I feel awful for giving them money.
Fine pup

Kennett, MO

#79 Mar 6, 2013
We adopted last August and the dog is just fine the only problem is I had my house cleaned due to a broken arm and lost her papers. Any idea how I can get another copy? I think the maid threw them away along with her shot records!
Lisa k

United States

#80 Apr 4, 2013
The owner of the puppy patch has her own puppy mill. They raise all the dogs in a barn bedside her house. There's hundreds of them in there at a time. Half of them looks like they are sick. They have been in them cages there whole life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Had someone 23 min Guest 1
Where is the best place to eat downtown? (Sep '08) 24 min guest 51
Comey in trouble 55 min Proud bagger 4
Christie matthews 1 hr guest 3
Rudy Giuliani Joins Trump Legal Team 1 hr guest 3
Woman observed at NEA Clinic 1 hr guest 4
Hush Money Hannuty 1 hr guest 27

Jonesboro Jobs

Personal Finance

Jonesboro Mortgages