Who's the Most Expensive Dentist in Town
Jim

Jonesboro, AR

#21 Aug 16, 2008
I've always thought Dr. Tyer was a good guy. But then, I've never had him for a dentist.
PATIENT

United States

#22 Aug 16, 2008
nurse wrote:
Rowe & Rowe are very nice-but are freakin outrageous!!!!! Tyer is exacty like thy say-he will get every buck from you he can! I was 8 mos pregnant and he wanted to put a crown on me and fix a bunch of cavities, told me that i needed to have this fixed now b/c after i had my child, i would be too busy to come bk and have this fixed!!! What an ass huh?
ROWE AND ROWE ARE GOOD AT ADVERTISING AND VERY BAD AT DENTISTRY. THEY FILLED A CAVITY FOR MY DAUGHTER AND IT KEPT BOTHERING HER. THEY CHARGED HER $40 TO LOOK AT IT AND SAID SHE NEEDED MOUTH PIECES.
WE WENT TO ANOTHER DENTIST AND DISCOVERED THEY HAD CRACKED HER TOOTH AND HAD TO HAVE THE FILLING RE DONE.
cardfan

Lake Charles, LA

#23 Aug 16, 2008
We see Troy Bartels - great dentist, super friendly, and not over priced.
very satisfied

United States

#24 Aug 16, 2008
cardfan wrote:
We see Troy Bartels - great dentist, super friendly, and not over priced.
I've never seen Troy, but his brother Anthony is WONDERFUL! By far, the best Dentist i've ever seen!

Alexandria, LA

#25 Aug 17, 2008
My family and I have been using Rowe and Rowe for the past three years and I think they are wonderful people and excellent dentists. We have seen both doctors and they always take time to answer any questions we have (particularly regarding our daughter who is in braces). Their prices are not that different from the dentist we used to go to here and I feel like the care we are getting is outstanding. I think some of the other dentists are mad because they advertise.
kat

Lake Charles, LA

#26 Aug 17, 2008
pleasedcustomer wrote:
I use to go to Spades and they were amazing, but was highly recommended to Dr. Higginbotham over on Southwest drive by the Medicine Shoppe...I loved it...Message chairs, personal TVs, no extra work crap like everyone else does, and best of all, they work every single penny out of your insurance...I think if you go, you will not ever go anywhere else...
I think Higginbotham used to be with Dr Tyrer. I normally see Tyrer, but once Higginbotham saw me and I thought he was fantastic. Tyrer is nice enough too, I guess. He is rich and he acts like he is, but not in a condescending way. His office is like flying first class. They specialize in pampering patients with emnities to ensure that the dreaded visit to the dentist is not quite the dreaded visit. Make no mistake, they are in the business to make money, and they will hook you up with lots of dental work that will improve teeth that would otherwise be considered 'good enough'. It's like driving a Lexus when a Hyundai would have been good enough. People choose to indulge in frivilous items in their lives all the time. Can't drive a 40K+ vehicle with missing, yellowed, crooked or blemished teeth. We're not British for God's sake...
kat

Lake Charles, LA

#27 Aug 17, 2008
I had a lot of work done by Tyrer once, and that evening he called to check on me and I could have sworn he was drunk. It didn't bother me. I found it funny actually. It was maybe 8pm and I just though, 'what the hell do i care what he does when he gets home...'
COMMUNITY MINDED

United States

#28 Aug 18, 2008
guest wrote:
My family and I have been using Rowe and Rowe for the past three years and I think they are wonderful people and excellent dentists. We have seen both doctors and they always take time to answer any questions we have (particularly regarding our daughter who is in braces). Their prices are not that different from the dentist we used to go to here and I feel like the care we are getting is outstanding. I think some of the other dentists are mad because they advertise.
I WONDER WHY THEY DON'T TAKE ANY INSURANCE!!! THEY WANT THEIR MONEY RIGHT THEN AND THERE,OR WILL THE INSURANCE COMPANIES NOT ACCEPT THEM?
littlebeautyquee nsmom

Fairmont, WV

#29 Aug 18, 2008
We use Dr Thad Brown and have been using him since I was a child, he is a wonderful dentist and does wonderful work.
For our daughter we use Pediatric Dentist Dr. Oliver and he and his staff are awesome
Funny girl

Paragould, AR

#30 Aug 18, 2008
My hubby went to Dr. Brown. He has been getting alot of work done. My husband works crazy hours and can't really make an appointment 2 months in advance. He needed a filling and Dr. Brown's assistant told him he needed to come in before it got worse and they had to do a crown on that tooth. He explained that he couldn't make an appointment so far in advance. Dr. Brown said that's okay, if it turns into a crown that's just more money for me. True story, happened 2 weeks ago. We will not go back to him.
agree

Georgetown, TX

#31 Aug 18, 2008
Funny girl wrote:
My hubby went to Dr. Brown. He has been getting alot of work done. My husband works crazy hours and can't really make an appointment 2 months in advance. He needed a filling and Dr. Brown's assistant told him he needed to come in before it got worse and they had to do a crown on that tooth. He explained that he couldn't make an appointment so far in advance. Dr. Brown said that's okay, if it turns into a crown that's just more money for me. True story, happened 2 weeks ago. We will not go back to him.
that's definately Dr. Brown. I've been using him for a long time. I've never had any trouble, but I can see where some people could take him wrong. As far as his skills i highly recommend him.
stb

Blytheville, AR

#32 Aug 18, 2008
We use Dr. C. Higgins. He's great and his whole staff is very friendly.
curious

Georgetown, TX

#33 Aug 19, 2008
any one know anything about dr curtis??

Mountain Home, AR

#34 Aug 19, 2008
Funny girl wrote:
It sounds like you took it wrong to me. He probably was trying to stress how important it was to get the filling done ASAP, because the longer you wait the less likely you will have to have a crown. Why the 2months, is that the soonest they could get your husband in? Try dr. billy spades by outback they are great at getting you in in 1-2 weeks. Great staff and great honest dentistry

Lake Charles, LA

#35 Aug 19, 2008
I love Dr. Gray. So nice, and does great work. Keeps my teeth in perfect condition. I asked for advice on what whitening system would be best, he told me to try the Crest Whitestrips and if I wanted more to come see him. Who else would turn down doing a 300 dollar whitening treatment on a patient with insurance that would cover it? That showed me that he cared more about my teeth then the money.

Mountain Home, AR

#36 Aug 19, 2008
I am hear to tell you that NO insurance company will cover bleach. If you call around a couple of dentists in town offer the whitening or bleaching for life for free as long as you are a patient that comes in every 6 months for their cleaning. The crest strips are not that great. There's 3 kinds of crest strips-Crest White Strips(not strong)-the premium which is 42%stronger and then a supreme that is 82% stronger than the first one which is sold in dental offices only. even after that they are not as strong as bleach from office. call your insurance company yourself and see if they pay for bleaching because i have been doing this 15 years and teeth whitening has never been covered, make sure nothing else was filed to your insurance company instead because that can be insurance fraud.
Patient

Bossier City, LA

#37 Aug 19, 2008
Tyer didn't pay for that 5 million dollar home at Ridgepoint by telling you your teeth are OK. Trust me, you just thought your teeth were OK before a visit at his office. The thing I love about it all, is he damn sure trains his help to milk you as well, with a smile of course. He must give them bonuses for every little thing they sell. And never take their word for what insurance will pay. I can't count the times I have had to dig in my own pocket way over what they said I should pay.

Jonesboro, AR

#38 Aug 20, 2008
Parkey and Davis do charge too much. They also find stuff wrong that's not really wrong.

But Wendy, the receptionist sure is nice to look at. She is a very sexy woman.
just browsing

Lake Charles, LA

#39 Aug 24, 2008
COMMUNITY MINDED wrote:
<quoted text>I WONDER WHY THEY DON'T TAKE ANY INSURANCE!!! THEY WANT THEIR MONEY RIGHT THEN AND THERE,OR WILL THE INSURANCE COMPANIES NOT ACCEPT THEM?
Don't know when you last tried them, but they have always accepted my insurance. I also agree with the previous statement that they take the time to answer any questions you have. Every other dentist I have ever gone to has their assistant spend 90% of the visit with me, while they pop in to check over things in the last few minutes.

Alexander, AR

#40 Aug 25, 2008
go to dr pierce, they are nice and never had a problem out of them

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Feminism is cancer 14 min Antifem123 11
Proof Hillary Staged Pickle Stunt 1 hr MansassGayCommie 44
Demos BBQ thread deleted 1 hr Guest 21
White House rejects Donald Trump’s claim that b... 2 hr MansassIsCommie 7
Open Letter To All Whiny Obama-Hating "Commie"... 2 hr jay jay 11
Clinton’s Latest Lies Threaten Her Candidacy: ... 2 hr MansassGayCommie 5
Brandon Baker 2 hr Anonymous 1
Hillary has Brain Damage 3 hr Florida born 25
Dear Demogaycrat Commies 5 hr Ratshartisinsane 57

Jonesboro Jobs