First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Curious

Pocahontas, AR

#1 Feb 20, 2013
Has the Brickhouse turned into just a hang out for older Teens younger 20's? Just an observation and was curious?
Employee

Jonesboro, AR

#2 Feb 20, 2013
Not at all! We have a beautiful live piano lounge every Fri and Sat night which draws a really fun group of customers from mid 20's to mid 60's and everyone in between. Wide age range of customer's love the new menu - best seared ahi tuna in town, fabulous bourbon st filet, and the legendary seafood pasta just to name a few. Later night, after 12:30 it does tend to be a younger crowd, but that's true of any restaurant. Even if individuals eat at Omar's, Skinny J's, or Bennigan's they are ending up at Brickhouse to enjoy the entertainment and these are folks from mid 20's - mid 50's so come on out and have a great time!
NOWAYMAN

Jonesboro, AR

#3 Feb 21, 2013
Employee wrote:
Not at all! We have a beautiful live piano lounge every Fri and Sat night which draws a really fun group of customers from mid 20's to mid 60's and everyone in between. Wide age range of customer's love the new menu - best seared ahi tuna in town, fabulous bourbon st filet, and the legendary seafood pasta just to name a few. Later night, after 12:30 it does tend to be a younger crowd, but that's true of any restaurant. Even if individuals eat at Omar's, Skinny J's, or Bennigan's they are ending up at Brickhouse to enjoy the entertainment and these are folks from mid 20's - mid 50's so come on out and have a great time!
You may have good entertainment and drinks, but please do not tout your food or service. The food is horrendous, you guys can't even make a decent burger. The tuna can't compare with Omar's. I like Brickhouse for what it is, a place to hang out, grab a drink and maybe visit a bit, but describing anything on your menu as "legendary" is a joke, unless you're referring to how "legendarily poor" a particular item is.
GuestA

Haslet, TX

#4 Feb 21, 2013
NOWAYMAN wrote:
<quoted text>You may have good entertainment and drinks, but please do not tout your food or service. The food is horrendous, you guys can't even make a decent burger. The tuna can't compare with Omar's. I like Brickhouse for what it is, a place to hang out, grab a drink and maybe visit a bit, but describing anything on your menu as "legendary" is a joke, unless you're referring to how "legendarily poor" a particular item is.
That was mean. Poor? Really? I have only heard good things about the food.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#5 Feb 21, 2013
NOWAYMAN wrote:
<quoted text>
You may have good entertainment and drinks, but please do not tout your food or service. The food is horrendous, you guys can't even make a decent burger. The tuna can't compare with Omar's. I like Brickhouse for what it is, a place to hang out, grab a drink and maybe visit a bit, but describing anything on your menu as "legendary" is a joke, unless you're referring to how "legendarily poor" a particular item is.
Thats absolutely false. Most food downtown is bland compared to the Brickhouse! True Cajun cuisine and some of the best steaks in town! And I agree with employee, no matter where you go in town, the Brickhouse is an ideal place to end up! It's just good fun all around.

Location hidden

#6 Feb 21, 2013
GuestA wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, apparently this guy is an "employee" also! Somewhere close I'm sure!

Hoxie, AR

#7 Feb 21, 2013
The food at the Brickhouse really does suck. Which is why "individuals eat at Omar's, Skinny J's, or Bennigan's" before they go to the Brickhouse. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice atmosphere to hang out, but I stopped eating there a long time ago....Actually the hot wings are kinda decent, maybe make them available besides one night a week??
Curious

Pocahontas, AR

#8 Feb 22, 2013
Thanks for the info! Looking forward to trying it out!!
Resident

United States

#9 Feb 22, 2013
Food is typical chain type fare. Okay if you have enough alcohol to wash it down. As far as age group mostly 20 somethings.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#10 Feb 24, 2013
The All Knowing wrote:
<quoted text>Thats absolutely false. Most food downtown is bland compared to the Brickhouse! True Cajun cuisine and some of the best steaks in town! And I agree with employee, no matter where you go in town, the Brickhouse is an ideal place to end up! It's just good fun all around.
Try Cajun cuisine? The menu may be Cajun themed but it does not have authentic offerings. Take a look at the menu
mightybrickhouse.com/menu-specials/

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#11 Feb 24, 2013
Too bad they do not offer jumbalaya or collard pie........
derp

Jonesboro, AR

#12 Feb 24, 2013
GuestA wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen more closelier...
derp

Jonesboro, AR

#13 Feb 24, 2013
The All Knowing wrote:
<quoted text>Thats absolutely false. Most food downtown is bland compared to the Brickhouse! True Cajun cuisine and some of the best steaks in town! And I agree with employee, no matter where you go in town, the Brickhouse is an ideal place to end up! It's just good fun all around.
It's the best next-to-last stop before security takes you to your final destination, County Jail.
BOUDREAUX

Jonesboro, AR

#14 Feb 24, 2013
The All Knowing wrote:
"True Cajun", really? Compared to what, the spicy chicken sandwich as Wendy's? Popeye's is more authentic than Brickhouse. Just because you put some New Orleans fleur-de-lis symbols on the place, that doesn't mean it's Cajun. Most of the people on here are right, it's a good place to hangout, but the food is average at best. If this place didn't sell alcohol and draw a college crowd is would not be able to stay open on the quality of the food and that's a fact.

Location hidden

#15 Feb 24, 2013
BOUDREAUX wrote:
<quoted text>
"True Cajun", really? Compared to what, the spicy chicken sandwich as Wendy's? Popeye's is more authentic than Brickhouse. Just because you put some New Orleans fleur-de-lis symbols on the place, that doesn't mean it's Cajun. Most of the people on here are right, it's a good place to hangout, but the food is average at best. If this place didn't sell alcohol and draw a college crowd is would not be able to stay open on the quality of the food and that's a fact.
Well, I guess since you put it that way, you're exactly wrong!:)

Conway, AR

#16 Feb 24, 2013
I heard its where rednecks hang out and beat each other over the head with a beer bottle...

Location hidden

#17 Feb 24, 2013
guest wrote:
I heard its where rednecks hang out and beat each other over the head with a beer bottle...
that would be the cowboy. You were mistaken.
Black

Fayetteville, AR

#18 Feb 24, 2013
The All Knowing wrote:
<quoted text>that would be the cowboy. You were mistaken.
So what's your affiliation with the restaurant?

Mayflower, AR

#19 Feb 24, 2013
The All Knowing wrote:
I'm not knockig Brickhouse but you are sure wrong about the other places being bland. My family eats at some of the places downtown and there are some fantastic restraurants there.
Cathouse Mouse

Jonesboro, AR

#20 Feb 25, 2013
guest wrote:
The Brickhouse is where blacks beat each other with bottles. On Thursdays anyway. The Cowboy is where rednecks beat each other with bottles.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wasserman Schultz resigning as party leader 3 min Trevor 38
Hillary Most Honest Candidate Ever 4 min Lexi 813
Clinton practically handed her email password t... 10 min guest 2
DNC throws away leftover food -- doesn't give t... 22 min Vic 3
MS-13 Targeting Pro-Trump Hispanics 35 min Psychological Nudity 7
why hasn't god came back? 44 min Guest 134
Best tattoo artist 47 min TattsRus 7
"Crooked Hillary" ? 1 hr AmericanInfidel 114
CCC Forum Failing Miserably 2 hr TheLordIsOne 29

Jonesboro Jobs