Jon Hubbard..."Slavery was a blessing...

Jon Hubbard..."Slavery was a blessing.....rewarded blacks with citizenship"

Created by factsuluv2hate on Oct 7, 2012

59 votes

Click on an option to vote

I agree with his views

I disagree with his views

He is bat-sh*t crazy

Just another racist hater

He's my hero

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Guest

Bexar, AR

#1 Oct 7, 2012
Being white I failed to see the blessing in being a slave, I am sure Mr. Hubbard did not mean to be racist. On the subject of the schools he is dead on. Back during intergration the black schools were at a very low point, they had not received the same money as the white schools therefore they were behind in about every area. Most students were behind in learning comapred to the white kids in better schools. The federal government ordered the kids dumped together and it was quite a shock to the teachers and kids alike. Tools had to be used like the learning curve or grade curve to make the grades of the kids seem to be improving. He spoke the truth about the teachers trying to bring the level of education up for the black kids to the level of the white kids. And many times the teachers and the schools allowed the level to fall to meet somewhere in the middle. This is just the truth, call it being racist or call it hype but it happened and our schools have gone downhill ever since.
Lolliop

Jonesboro, AR

#2 Oct 7, 2012
Blacks being slaves wa not a good thing. I uderstand what he is saying, but in a political atmosphere people will twist things. Yes blacks were brought here, and now blacks have freedom and are achieving. Its history we battled to overcome years ago. But the whole race thing, gets brought back not by whites but blacks. Black who never experience one minute of slavery, but act like we owe them something, not all of them but some who are outspoken. I find now, we are all one people, not black or white. But we still have reminder, like Black history month, or Black entertainment network, or black this or that. Being white is like your automatically DNAed a racist. Well I'm not a racist, and I for one believe there should never be anything given to anyone because of their color of skin. But Blacks receive a lot due to their colored skin. Its just the facts. And its not all good.
louis

United States

#3 Oct 7, 2012
Thanks mr hubbard for showing your ass.
guest

United States

#5 Oct 7, 2012
So it figures u are so stupid u can't even spell Lollipop. Moron.
guest

United States

#6 Oct 7, 2012
That's like telling a rape or violent crime victim. "Well the crime was a blessing in disguise"
ricky

Saint Louis, MO

#8 Oct 8, 2012
Guest wrote:
Being white I failed to see the blessing in being a slave, I am sure Mr. Hubbard did not mean to be racist. On the subject of the schools he is dead on. Back during intergration the black schools were at a very low point, they had not received the same money as the white schools therefore they were behind in about every area. Most students were behind in learning comapred to the white kids in better schools. The federal government ordered the kids dumped together and it was quite a shock to the teachers and kids alike. Tools had to be used like the learning curve or grade curve to make the grades of the kids seem to be improving. He spoke the truth about the teachers trying to bring the level of education up for the black kids to the level of the white kids. And many times the teachers and the schools allowed the level to fall to meet somewhere in the middle. This is just the truth, call it being racist or call it hype but it happened and our schools have gone downhill ever since.
this true and the only thing it did in most parts of the country is move the poor blacks to a different part of town you can see the same problems now as in the 1960's we should have up the standards years ago so that we as a nation would not be behind most of the industrial world i have been around many people white and black that have a degree and i am ashamed to say they are not as educated as that peace of paper indicates. As a nation we have to wonder why we have so many unprepared people in managment postions and why everything is going downward well we hired people soley based on their degree not their education.
ricky

Saint Louis, MO

#9 Oct 8, 2012
Lolliop wrote:
Blacks being slaves wa not a good thing. I uderstand what he is saying, but in a political atmosphere people will twist things. Yes blacks were brought here, and now blacks have freedom and are achieving. Its history we battled to overcome years ago. But the whole race thing, gets brought back not by whites but blacks. Black who never experience one minute of slavery, but act like we owe them something, not all of them but some who are outspoken. I find now, we are all one people, not black or white. But we still have reminder, like Black history month, or Black entertainment network, or black this or that. Being white is like your automatically DNAed a racist. Well I'm not a racist, and I for one believe there should never be anything given to anyone because of their color of skin. But Blacks receive a lot due to their colored skin. Its just the facts. And its not all good.
if speaking against the issues of poverty like crime, poor living conditions, people with no manners, people that would purposely have kids out of wedlock knowing damm well they can not take care of them and then expect the goverment to flip the bill if all of these issues of ghetto/white trash bad behavior makes me a racist/snob well i am proud to be one.
guest

United States

#10 Oct 8, 2012
'Damm well'? Really? No that only makes u an illiterate ignorant idiot. Learn to spell if u want to hang with the big boys moron.
guest

United States

#11 Oct 8, 2012
Why just the other day I was telling my friend whose child was recently killed its probably a blessing causae now u don't need extra food and clothing. And oh yea I also told my grampa when he lost his leg to diabetes well gosh its a blessing cause now u can just wash one leg and mess with one shoe and sock. Why we just love that numbskull logic of Mr hubbard. A real batshizz that one
guest

United States

#12 Oct 8, 2012
Lolliop wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't even spell "you" or write a grammatically correct sentence, you son-of-a-bitch.
I prefer my son of bitch without dashes. Gramatically speaking. And also take it down a few notches or refill ur meds u seem hyper.
Conspiracy Theorist

Manila, AR

#13 Oct 8, 2012
Before the 14th Amendment was ratified in 1868, Americans were called Citizens (with a capitlal "C") of the united States of America.(American Citizen, or American, for short) If you were born in America, you were born a sovereign with inalienable rights. It was a common understanding among the people. Up until then, slavery was still accepted in America. Slaves were not Citizens, state or national, but were merely considered the personal 'property' of the slave holders. The 13th Amendment was ratified in 1865, just 3 years before the 14th. The 13th amendment abolished slavery. But that created a new problem. The newly freed slaves were not citizens of any state or country, because they were just property, and property did not have citizenship. To solve the problem, the 14th amendment was passed. This amendment created a new class of citizenship. This new class was legally called:'United States citizen',(with a small "c"). NOT 'United States of America Citizen', but just 'United States citizen'. Notice that the U.S. citizen is spelled with a lower case 'c'. This is to show a lower class of citizenship. This class of citizen (U.S. citizen) is a privilege granted by the federal government, and not a sovereign inalienable right.
guest

Jonesboro, AR

#14 Oct 8, 2012
Conspiracy Theorist wrote:
Before the 14th Amendment was ratified in 1868, Americans were called Citizens (with a capitlal "C") of the united States of America.(American Citizen, or American, for short) If you were born in America, you were born a sovereign with inalienable rights. It was a common understanding among the people. Up until then, slavery was still accepted in America. Slaves were not Citizens, state or national, but were merely considered the personal 'property' of the slave holders. The 13th Amendment was ratified in 1865, just 3 years before the 14th. The 13th amendment abolished slavery. But that created a new problem. The newly freed slaves were not citizens of any state or country, because they were just property, and property did not have citizenship. To solve the problem, the 14th amendment was passed. This amendment created a new class of citizenship. This new class was legally called:'United States citizen',(with a small "c"). NOT 'United States of America Citizen', but just 'United States citizen'. Notice that the U.S. citizen is spelled with a lower case 'c'. This is to show a lower class of citizenship. This class of citizen (U.S. citizen) is a privilege granted by the federal government, and not a sovereign inalienable right.
BS from a BS website:

http://usa-the-republic.com

Crackpot.
Bluntforce

Cleveland, OH

#16 Oct 9, 2012
I don't think the black's could have got over to this country (that many of them take for granted) any other way. So in a round about way, slavery was a blessing for our black countrymen.
guest
#18 Oct 9, 2012
The entire country use to just laugh at Arkansas. Now, nobody knows what to think. Jonesboro, you get what you deserve.
guest

United States

#19 Oct 9, 2012
Another embarassing idiotic moron giving progressive Arkansans a bad name.
Bill

Bethesda, MD

#20 Oct 9, 2012
Lets see
1. Blessing for the first blacks by no means, but blacks today have things far better.
2. Better off today being in America the boyz with the 22s cruising all day will attest to this.
3. Chosen over other races for most positions because of Affirmative action (not bad)
4. When things seem to be going wrong play the ace in the hole (race card).
No other race is allowed to carry this card.
5. Only race that is rewarded for underachieving. Dependent on the state, not working like most folks.
6. Entitlement mentality is what Im seeing in this day and age, made much worse by the current administration.
7. Every black person in America should listen and head the latest speech given by Condalisa Rice at the RNC. I very much admire her and the fact that she believes in herself. She came from nothing just like many of the other races and yet concerning her position (she did build this). I am not a racist and I have several black friends and even they see the new generation as uncontrollable and unruly.
8. No I do not support what Jon Hubbard is saying although I see the point he was getting at.
Guest

Jonesboro, AR

#21 Oct 10, 2012
Looked to like a Democrat hit piece on Hubbard. Funny how no one is mentioning the fact that the Democrats hired someone to dig up dirt on Hubbard. It is amusing that all of a sudden people are upset about a letter that ran a while ago in the letters to the editor. This is all a bunch of crap dredged up by the Arkansas Democratic Party because they are losing their grip on this state. They don't like Hubbard because he has called Gov. Beebe on the carpet on numerous occasions for his stupid decisions. The Jonesboro Sun and its liberal editor Wessel and Waylon Harris, who by the way is a rabid Democrat, print every single piece of Democratic Party crap. I plan on voting for Hubbard! This is much ado about NOTHING! Like I really care what Dustin McDaniel has to say about this? Just another hit piece typical of the Jonesboro SUn these days. The quality of that paper has gone downhill, not that it was any good to begin with.
Orly

State University, AR

#22 Oct 10, 2012
Conspiracy Theorist wrote:
Before the 14th Amendment was ratified in 1868, Americans were called Citizens (with a capitlal "C") of the united States of America.(American Citizen, or American, for short) If you were born in America, you were born a sovereign with inalienable rights. It was a common understanding among the people. Up until then, slavery was still accepted in America. Slaves were not Citizens, state or national, but were merely considered the personal 'property' of the slave holders. The 13th Amendment was ratified in 1865, just 3 years before the 14th. The 13th amendment abolished slavery. But that created a new problem. The newly freed slaves were not citizens of any state or country, because they were just property, and property did not have citizenship. To solve the problem, the 14th amendment was passed. This amendment created a new class of citizenship. This new class was legally called:'United States citizen',(with a small "c"). NOT 'United States of America Citizen', but just 'United States citizen'. Notice that the U.S. citizen is spelled with a lower case 'c'. This is to show a lower class of citizenship. This class of citizen (U.S. citizen) is a privilege granted by the federal government, and not a sovereign inalienable right.
Sovereign Citizen propaganda. Be careful with that, it's the fastest moving hate group in America and the one responsible for two dead cops in West Memphis last year if yall remember the shoot-out. Not to mention the OKC bombing.
guest

Jonesboro, AR

#23 Oct 10, 2012
Guest wrote:
Looked to like a Democrat hit piece on Hubbard. Funny how no one is mentioning the fact that the Democrats hired someone to dig up dirt on Hubbard. It is amusing that all of a sudden people are upset about a letter that ran a while ago in the letters to the editor. This is all a bunch of crap dredged up by the Arkansas Democratic Party because they are losing their grip on this state. They don't like Hubbard because he has called Gov. Beebe on the carpet on numerous occasions for his stupid decisions. The Jonesboro Sun and its liberal editor Wessel and Waylon Harris, who by the way is a rabid Democrat, print every single piece of Democratic Party crap. I plan on voting for Hubbard! This is much ado about NOTHING! Like I really care what Dustin McDaniel has to say about this? Just another hit piece typical of the Jonesboro SUn these days. The quality of that paper has gone downhill, not that it was any good to begin with.
Actually reading Hubbard's book is 'digging up dirt' on him?
Post Turtle

Mountain Home, AR

#25 Oct 10, 2012
guessed wrote:
Looks like Arkansas has many more morons like Hubbard and his ilk. I hope we vote him and his racist pals out in November. I know I will vote against him, and I was born and raised in Arkansas.
No one is forcing you to stay in Arkansas. Maybe you should move to California, You'll fit right in.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Now Hillary claims it was the 'Invisible State'... 9 min WeKnow 27
Hillary Clinton Outspent Russians 53-1 And Sti... 12 min WeKnow 10
Leftists Bully Father Of Florida Shooting Victi... 13 min WeKnow 18
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 59 min BARNEYII 42,078
flea markets 1 hr I know 5
Lie About Florida Shooter Being Member of Whit... 3 hr Rosie 7
Ar Care Clinic 5 hr Guest 10

Jonesboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jonesboro Mortgages