Lake Charles, LA

#1 Oct 4, 2008
Anyone ever use Adipex for weight loss...and if so, does it work and does the weight stay off? I only need to lose 20 lbs and I'm doing weight watchers and exercising, but wanted a boost.
Wonderful

Bossier City, LA

#2 Oct 5, 2008
Adipex is wonderful but not a longer term fix. I depend on it to not eat and the days I dont take it I eat like a hog. It has made me a bad yo-yo dieter but you will lose weight with it but after a while your body seems to adjust to it. My advice is if you are hungry when doing weight watchers then use it to but still follow the weight watchers plan and eat b/c that will be the best for keeping it off.

“Erkle LaMoar”

Since: Oct 08

United States

#3 Oct 5, 2008
yep

Dunnellon, FL

#4 Oct 5, 2008
I used it several years ago and it worked very well. Took me down to a perfect weight. I agree though that it seems that your body kind of get used to it. Of course, my first RX was from a doctor. I reordered from an online company. The stuff online didn't seem to work well at all. Anyone else have experience with ordering it online? Know any local doctors that prescribe it?
wonderful

Bossier City, LA

#5 Oct 5, 2008
yep wrote:
I used it several years ago and it worked very well. Took me down to a perfect weight. I agree though that it seems that your body kind of get used to it. Of course, my first RX was from a doctor. I reordered from an online company. The stuff online didn't seem to work well at all. Anyone else have experience with ordering it online? Know any local doctors that prescribe it?
My dr at Obgyn here in town gave me my last script just have to go for monthly weigh ins.

Lake Charles, LA

#6 Oct 5, 2008
Thank you for your input! My OBGYN is who's giving me the RX. I was on the Diennet diet, which is a "blood type" diet, which I lost a lot of weight on, but the pills made me crazy so I quit taking them, and didn't watch what I ate and gained the weight back...TOTALLY my fault. I ate like a horse. I'm going to continue weight watchers while on adipex to try and keep it off this time! And another question...did it make you real jittery feeling?
wonderful

Bossier City, LA

#7 Oct 5, 2008
It depends on where I get them. I got them in Memphis last month at Cordova Medical Clinic and I felt like I was going to jump out of my skin for the first few days. I dont know if they have so many going through there that their supply is just newer. The places I have gotten here in Jboro didnt make me feel that way. But, I have been taking them for so long that I think I am just used to them. Also, be careful b/c the same is true as with the pills you were taking. If I go off of them for a month then I start putting weight back on but doing weight watchers with them should really help keep it off once you stop them. I think I use mine alot for the energy boost b/c the days I dont take them I am really dragging.

Lake Charles, LA

#8 Oct 5, 2008
wonderful wrote:
It depends on where I get them. I got them in Memphis last month at Cordova Medical Clinic and I felt like I was going to jump out of my skin for the first few days. I dont know if they have so many going through there that their supply is just newer. The places I have gotten here in Jboro didnt make me feel that way. But, I have been taking them for so long that I think I am just used to them. Also, be careful b/c the same is true as with the pills you were taking. If I go off of them for a month then I start putting weight back on but doing weight watchers with them should really help keep it off once you stop them. I think I use mine alot for the energy boost b/c the days I dont take them I am really dragging.
So how long will the dr tyoucakkt
let you stay on them? I was told you could only get a 3 month supply.

Lake Charles, LA

#9 Oct 5, 2008
Sorry...that crazy word was supposed to be typically...lol! My son was having popsicle problems...guess it affected my typing!!!
wonderful

Bossier City, LA

#10 Oct 5, 2008
All the ones I have been to only give a 30 day supply then you have to go back but I dont guess there is a time limit as long as you are showing a loss every month.
Random

Nixa, MO

#11 Oct 5, 2008
Adipex is a bad idea especially if you have high blood pressure (it can worsen high bp). It is a CNS stimulant and will help you lose weight, but a soon as you stop taking it you will gain it back. There are also some serious risks associated with it like developing pulmonary hypertension (not fun) and valvular disease. And if taken long term you will eventually become tolerant of it anyway. If you have to take it, get it from your doctor... don't get it over the internet, those sites aren't regulated and there is no guarantee you are even getting the right stuff, plus you could potentially get into legal trouble.

There is no medication that can replace diet and exercise. Just take it one day at a time...you gained it slow and will have to lose it slow. The most important thing is to realize where you are getting extra calories (snacking, eating sweets, over eating at meals...) and once you determine this just take steps to correct it. You cannot change habits over night so be patient.

Lake Charles, LA

#12 Oct 6, 2008
Random wrote:
Adipex is a bad idea especially if you have high blood pressure (it can worsen high bp). It is a CNS stimulant and will help you lose weight, but a soon as you stop taking it you will gain it back. There are also some serious risks associated with it like developing pulmonary hypertension (not fun) and valvular disease. And if taken long term you will eventually become tolerant of it anyway. If you have to take it, get it from your doctor... don't get it over the internet, those sites aren't regulated and there is no guarantee you are even getting the right stuff, plus you could potentially get into legal trouble.
There is no medication that can replace diet and exercise. Just take it one day at a time...you gained it slow and will have to lose it slow. The most important thing is to realize where you are getting extra calories (snacking, eating sweets, over eating at meals...) and once you determine this just take steps to correct it. You cannot change habits over night so be patient.
whatever.

Victoria, TX

#14 Oct 7, 2008
guest wrote:
Thank you for your input! My OBGYN is who's giving me the RX. I was on the Diennet diet, which is a "blood type" diet, which I lost a lot of weight on, but the pills made me crazy so I quit taking them, and didn't watch what I ate and gained the weight back...TOTALLY my fault. I ate like a horse. I'm going to continue weight watchers while on adipex to try and keep it off this time! And another question...did it make you real jittery feeling?
So how much weight did you lose on the Diennet program? I just started a week ago...

Lake Charles, LA

#15 Oct 7, 2008
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
So how much weight did you lose on the Diennet program? I just started a week ago...
I went from 160 to 116 over the course of 2 cycles...which was 6 months. I started the third but started gaining weight and started going "nuts" so I sold them. These pills really messed with my emotions...really really bad. I gained all the weight...plus some back...once I quit. I think the thyroid pill really messed up my metabolism. But my best friend is still taking them every so often and maintaining her weight.

akd

Since: Oct 08

Victoria, TX

#16 Oct 7, 2008
Did you follow the diet or just take the medicine? So far i have lost 9 pounds in 2 weeks and Im just curious what to expect... I have been watching what i eat but not really following the diet...
Random

Nixa, MO

#17 Oct 7, 2008
The rule of medicine is to "first do no harm" for this reason many practitioners will not prescribe these pills because they have been shown to cause much harm. So the risk of harm outweighs the benefit of efficacy.

Studies have shown that if you use meds such as adipex for more than 3 months you have a 23x increase in your risk for pulmonary hypertension. By the way, pulmonary hypertension is usually fatal (as in you die). So don't say you weren't warned.

If you must use them, DO NOT take them for longer than 3 months at a time. Have a month long wash out period in order to restore your CNS receptors back to normal. And remember these should not be taken long term. Once you lose the weight you must find a way to maintain the newer lower weight without the pills.

These pills are extremely addicting and that makes them even more dangerous. Many patients will do anything to get them, and then once they have them they do not follow the instructions take them for longer than 3 months at a time.

Also these pills can effect your diabetes and potentially require alterations in your diabetic medications. So someone who is diabetic needs to definitely STAY AWAY from these pills.

And I already mentioned earlier how they increase blood pressure and contribute to problems with heart valves.

Please do not try to self medicate with these drugs. Talk to your doctor, because of the risk involved with these medications medical monitoring is SO important.

Lake Charles, LA

#18 Oct 7, 2008
akd wrote:
Did you follow the diet or just take the medicine? So far i have lost 9 pounds in 2 weeks and Im just curious what to expect... I have been watching what i eat but not really following the diet...
I followed the diet.
Just curious

Russellville, AR

#19 Nov 4, 2008
I started taking phentremene early september. I have lost 14 pounds. It started off well, now its just gain a pound lose a pound. I have done all kinds of diet pills and "fab diets". My latest was nutrisystem (which is just gross). I even did boot camp last summer religously and followed a diet, losing only 18 pounds in 3 six week sessions. It all came back plus more. I have an aunt who sees a md in forrest city to get the dinnet(unsure of spelling) pills. She took one round of them and lost 40 pounds without strict diet and exercise. My uncle took one round, and with diet and exercise, lost 80. Before I spend the large amnt of money for this, is it really worth it?
Say no to diet pills

Lake Charles, LA

#20 Nov 4, 2008
Just curious wrote:
I started taking phentremene early september. I have lost 14 pounds. It started off well, now its just gain a pound lose a pound. I have done all kinds of diet pills and "fab diets". My latest was nutrisystem (which is just gross). I even did boot camp last summer religously and followed a diet, losing only 18 pounds in 3 six week sessions. It all came back plus more. I have an aunt who sees a md in forrest city to get the dinnet(unsure of spelling) pills. She took one round of them and lost 40 pounds without strict diet and exercise. My uncle took one round, and with diet and exercise, lost 80. Before I spend the large amnt of money for this, is it really worth it?
I did the Diennet Diet last year...did three rounds of 3 months each...so I was on the pills for 9 months. I lost 60 pounds total. But as SOON as I quit the pills I gained it ALL back. And on top of it all, those pills screw with your metabolism...so now my metabolism is shot to hell. Plus, each 3 month round is over $500. So, I am over $1500 poorer...and still fat. I had several friends (like 15...seriously) who took the pills. They have all gained their weight back.
adipex works

Killeen, TX

#22 Aug 29, 2010
I took 1 adipex a day for three months and lost 30 lbs. Im not one that is big on exercising but i did exercise at least once a day for about 30 min, mostly just walking for a few miles just to get at least some type of cardio. It really suppresses your apitite so you will have to force yourself to eat, just try to eat healthy. I was very pleased with them. They will make you jittery at first, but the way i stopped that is to take half of the pill in the morn and half in the afternoon (not to close to bedtime though) Good luck to whoever trys it! IT WORKS!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 3 min BARNEYII 40,055
us pizza 26 min guest 6
Jonesboro homeless/mental health facility 40 min guest 29
Las Vegas Survivor Abruptly Dies Days After Pos... 1 hr guest 66
Rob Butler 2 hr Real truth 7
Cartoonist Pat Bagley draws the "Comforter-In-C... 2 hr Guest 4
Hillary Nailed On Uranium Deal 2 hr guest 60
Greg Allen 2 hr Bless Your Heart 47

Jonesboro Jobs

More from around the web