First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#22 Aug 4, 2009
Japanese food lover wrote:
Japanese restaurants in Jonesboro have the following scale:
Shogun>>>>>> >>Hiro>>Fuji.
Shogun was the first, and still has the best food and service, even though their prices went up a little since they got their private club license. Fuji came along, totally ripping off everything Shogun had (identical menus, some of the former Shogun staff, and about $1 more for every identical item.) Then Fuji started using a shrimp sauce instead of the mustard sauce in their fried rice, which is disgusting and gives people with seafood allergies problems. Fuji's sushi is not as good as Shogun's either. Hiro is a nice compromise between the two on food quality--larger sushi selection, but nowhere near the quality of entree items. Shogun's fried rice is the best of all 3, Hiro's sushi is the best priced, and Fuji can take a long run off a short pier as far as I'm concerned.
First hiro's sushi tastes like it's been frozen. There isn't even any raw fish! Why would you eat tempura sushi? Its not healthy. It's americanized. To all you people who love their sushi try eating sushi in florida or california not arkansas. Next to you seafod allergy person its called shrimp sauce because of its color. How did Fuji rip off shogun if they had license and remodled first. Let me just say it like this kill your ignorant-cheap self! Thanks!
like it

Alexander, AR

#23 Aug 4, 2009
ate at hiro's with the wife the other day. just as good as fuji but cheaper and with better meal combinations. a major plus was i didnt feel like they were rushing me in and then cleaning the table for the next customers while i was still sitting there eating and smelling that nasty whatever the hell that is coming off the grill while they are cleaning it. hiro is my new japanese restaurant.
merlot2go

Mountain Home, AR

#24 Aug 9, 2009
like it wrote:
ate at hiro's with the wife the other day. just as good as fuji but cheaper and with better meal combinations. a major plus was i didnt feel like they were rushing me in and then cleaning the table for the next customers while i was still sitting there eating and smelling that nasty whatever the hell that is coming off the grill while they are cleaning it. hiro is my new japanese restaurant.
So have to agree with you about the nasty smell thing at Fuji, not to mention the heat. As much as they charge, you would think they could turn on the air conditioner! I love Hiro and will only be going there, I have a sippy cup for the lack of a liquor license!
guest

United States

#26 Aug 10, 2009
I have been to Hiro's twice and loved it both times. The servers were great, loved the sweet tea, the sushi and the hibachi food was excellent. Thanks for the prices, much better than the others.
shush

Bossier City, LA

#27 Aug 10, 2009
Then don't go back there. Go eat in Florida!:) Everyone else on here seemed to love it. What do you work for the other restruant or something?
american_girl wrote:
<quoted text>
First hiro's sushi tastes like it's been frozen. There isn't even any raw fish! Why would you eat tempura sushi? Its not healthy. It's americanized. To all you people who love their sushi try eating sushi in florida or california not arkansas. Next to you seafod allergy person its called shrimp sauce because of its color. How did Fuji rip off shogun if they had license and remodled first. Let me just say it like this kill your ignorant-cheap self! Thanks!
guest

Fisher, AR

#28 Aug 11, 2009
shush wrote:
Then don't go back there. Go eat in Florida!:) Everyone else on here seemed to love it. What do you work for the other restruant or something?
<quoted text>
Instead of just eating in Florida, it can just move there.
guest

Lake Charles, LA

#29 Aug 12, 2009
american_girl wrote:
<quoted text>
First hiro's sushi tastes like it's been frozen. There isn't even any raw fish! Why would you eat tempura sushi? Its not healthy. It's americanized. To all you people who love their sushi try eating sushi in florida or california not arkansas. Next to you seafod allergy person its called shrimp sauce because of its color. How did Fuji rip off shogun if they had license and remodled first. Let me just say it like this kill your ignorant-cheap self! Thanks!
American Girl when you talk to folks that have been to Japan and that are from there and they say the sushi at Hiro tastes like its supposed to, noone needs to go to California or to Florida to eat it. That probably means that they are doing it correctly. It is amazing!
Well

Bossier City, LA

#30 Jul 1, 2010
american_girl wrote:
<quoted text>
First hiro's sushi tastes like it's been frozen. There isn't even any raw fish! Why would you eat tempura sushi? Its not healthy. It's americanized. To all you people who love their sushi try eating sushi in florida or california not arkansas. Next to you seafod allergy person its called shrimp sauce because of its color. How did Fuji rip off shogun if they had license and remodled first. Let me just say it like this kill your ignorant-cheap self! Thanks!
This person admitted to being a Fuji employee on another post, so that would be a good reason she is trashing Hiro.
Great person---tells someone to kill themselves for disagreeing with her thoughts. Good representation Fuji employee!
penguin lover

Dallas, TX

#31 Jul 1, 2010
Hiro is gross! It doesn't hold a candle to fuji. No wonder it's cheaper because of the quality. What Japanese place doesn't have Ginger sauce? the rice was gross and the sauces were not very good! Fuji for life!
unbiased

United States

#32 Jul 1, 2010
I ahve ate at all 3 and loved all 3 food and i am a huge lover of all the sushi bars, but here's the thing not one place is serving better food than the other. Its all in the price and atmosphere. I love fujis food but thier prices are way higher than shogun and hiro, and while the food and prices are just as good at shogun "and " Hiro, I actually had roaches crawl across my table and plate there. hopefully after me telling and showing the manager (in all confidentiality) and being very quiet about it, hopefully they took care of the problem because i would love to go back. with all this being said, i ussually go to hiro because I dont really care for the set next ot people I dont know hibachi style eating. they have great prices, very clean, great sushi and entrees. But to each thier own you eat where you want and we will eat where we want. And i dont think bad mouthing on topix will hurt anyones buisiness

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Melania speech plaguerzed 7 min Rupert B Jigglebo... 145
His secret life and you're not part of it. 12 min Guest 7
Old school foods and snacks that we miss 18 min Carmen san diego 48
why hasn't god came back? 33 min Guest 162
Funeral Held For Dead DNC 1 hr CCCraziesneed2go 2
Crazy Commie Crap Psycho Devastated 1 hr CCCraziesneed2go 3
Whatever happened to morals and modesty in Jone... 2 hr they are awful 9
CCC Forum Failing Miserably 2 hr guest 41
Wasserman Schultz resigning as party leader 3 hr guest 43
Hillary Most Honest Candidate Ever 3 hr Lexi 861

Jonesboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jonesboro Mortgages