?s the cost of a no insurance ticket

?s the cost of a no insurance ticket

Posted in the Jonesboro Forum

missourigirl

Ridgway, PA

#1 Nov 27, 2011
how much is a no insurance ticket in Arkansas?
Former Teacher

Jonesboro, AR

#2 Nov 27, 2011
Between $250-$400 with court costs.
You have to pay a ticket (not as much) even if you have insurance & don't have it with you. You will have to take insurance card to court house. They will then call your insurance company to verify you had insurance when you got the ticket and that you still have coverage. People try to go & get coverage & take it to courthouse & tell them "Oh I had it, I just couldn't find my card". They double check now....TRUST ME.

Jonesboro, AR

#3 Nov 27, 2011
Harder to do that now since I believe the officer can see if it's covered on insurance when they run your tag.

Jonesboro, AR

#4 Nov 27, 2011
In addition to the fine, you also have to do 40 hours of community service.
whoopsie

Jonesboro, AR

#5 Nov 27, 2011
Guest wrote:
In addition to the fine, you also have to do 40 hours of community service.
whenever I drive my Frieda card that was uninsured my total ticket and court cost was around $800 and I had to complete 2 days which consisted of an 8 hour shift each time of community service
whoopsie

Jonesboro, AR

#6 Nov 27, 2011
whoopsie wrote:
<quoted text>whenever I drive my Frieda card that was uninsured my total ticket and court cost was around $800 and I had to complete 2 days which consisted of an 8 hour shift each time of community service
whoa my friends car; not Frieda card ha....

Blytheville, AR

#7 Nov 27, 2011
I got a no proof of insurance ticket in Jonesboro. The ticket was $250, but if you take proof that you had insurance at the time of the ticket, it will be reduced to $25.
Smack

Jonesboro, AR

#8 Nov 27, 2011
I read this on another thread, and it really ticks me off. It is so ridiculous that you have to pay this fine, when it's not your fault. Your friend should be the one being punished.

I'm going to give you a free piece of advice here. I would call Ray Nichols and tell him the whole truth about what happened and see if he can offer you any advice. He may not can, but if anyone can, it would be him. He's pretty good at getting guilty people off, so getting a break for an innocent person should be a piece of cake for him. ;)
missourigirl

Ridgway, PA

#9 Nov 27, 2011
guest wrote:
I got a no proof of insurance ticket in Jonesboro. The ticket was $250, but if you take proof that you had insurance at the time of the ticket, it will be reduced to $25.
really , no community service?

Blytheville, AR

#10 Nov 28, 2011
nope. just paid the $25 before the court date
fed up

Jonesboro, AR

#11 Nov 28, 2011
missourigirl wrote:
how much is a no insurance ticket in Arkansas?
there should be no reason for you to be driving a car without insurance, that's just plain irresponsible

not having the proof in the car is one thing, but driving without insurance just can't be justified, if you can't afford insurance take the bus
missourigirl

Ridgway, PA

#12 Nov 28, 2011
It was $420 fine .... thanks 4 the info all.

United States

#13 Nov 29, 2011
missourigirl wrote:
It was $420 fine .... thanks 4 the info all.
thats to cheap its the law in every state theres no excuse not to be insured or not to have card in car the law should allow insurance companies to report when its dropped and your license pulled
missourigirl

Ridgway, PA

#14 Nov 30, 2011
guest wrote:
<quoted text>thats to cheap its the law in every state theres no excuse not to be insured or not to have card in car the law should allow insurance companies to report when its dropped and your license pulled
well if you read more carefully you would have seen that I had and have insurance on my own car , I was just riding with a friend who asked me to drive when it got dark cause her eyes were bad and she assured me she had insurance.

Since: Jun 12

United States

#15 Jun 22, 2012
The Honorable Judge Quincy Beavers is using his position as a J.P. in Smith County to enforce uninsured motorist fines of drivers who HAVE liability coverage! On March 4 2005 I was stopped by officer Patrick Dark. Unable to locate my proof of financial responsibility in a timely manner Officer Dark told me to take my insurance card to show the Precinct One Justice of the Peace. Upon doing so I ...was fined $344.00. Insurance Agent George Cooper of Tx Wide Insurance went so far as to accompany me to Judge Beavers court and attempted to get an explanation. "The judge said only that his ruling stands and told my client to get a lawyer if he didn't like like it. In all my years as an agent, Ive seen nothing like it" Now seven years later Loraine Haley faces suspension of his liscense if he fails to pay the fine. "This is extortion, Judge Beavers knows the legal cost of fighting this is higher than the fine." "Im not the only person this has happened to" Judge Beavers last ran unopposed in Smith County. contact LoraineFTW1971@aol.com (51 min ago | post #1)
amy

Paris, AR

#16 Mar 16, 2013
Former Teacher wrote:
Between $250-$400 with court costs.
You have to pay a ticket (not as much) even if you have insurance & don't have it with you. You will have to take insurance card to court house. They will then call your insurance company to verify you had insurance when you got the ticket and that you still have coverage. People try to go & get coverage & take it to courthouse & tell them "Oh I had it, I just couldn't find my card". They double check now....TRUST ME.
$250,000-$400,000 your saying?
PissAnt

Springdale, AR

#17 Mar 17, 2013
You need to understand "Color of Law."

Sheeple.
idiot

Ashdown, AR

#18 Oct 1, 2013
fed up wrote:
<quoted text>there should be no reason for you to be driving a car without insurance, that's just plain irresponsible
not having the proof in the car is one thing, but driving without insurance just can't be justified, if you can't afford insurance take the bus
well some areas in the country do not have public transportation
Dang

Jonesboro, AR

#19 Oct 1, 2013
The world is gettin crazy shuttin us down
guest 2

United States

#20 Feb 20, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>thats to cheap its the law in every state theres no excuse not to be insured or not to have card in car the law should allow insurance companies to report when its dropped and your license pulled
i have no insurance because it was either lights or insurance, i chose lights. i live 20 miles from the nearest bus stop and work a full time job. we lost all our savings due to a car accident, which totaled our car and left us completely broke. sometimes life just happens and you cant afford it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Flashback-Obama: DACA 'A Temporary Stopgap,' 'C... 1 hr guest 9
Arrests & Prosecutions Coming for Elite - Dave ... 1 hr guest 3
Unemployment rate set to drop below 4% 1 hr Trump IS Your POTUS 9
Stormy Daniels claims Trump told her she was j... 1 hr Deplorable leftists 18
Shutting down government to protect illegal imm... 1 hr Deplorable leftists 9
snitches 3 hr Littleo 5
Wife always comes crying home 6 hr Tom sawyer 3
Dumpy Trump 10 hr wtf 41

Jonesboro Jobs

More from around the web