First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Fort Worth, TX

#1 Mar 3, 2012
Their service is so bad! They overcharge and make excuses for their mishaps! Has anyone else experienced this??

Paragould, AR

#2 Mar 3, 2012
Nope, my wife and I go there three or four times a month and have always had excellent service and great food.
I'm agree

Jonesboro, AR

#3 Mar 3, 2012
3 times in a row they were rude to my husband and I because we didn't have reservation. They said if you don't have a reservation then you need to leave!
Guest wrote:
Their service is so bad! They overcharge and make excuses for their mishaps! Has anyone else experienced this??

Jonesboro, AR

#4 Mar 3, 2012
The food is good

Jonesboro, AR

#5 Mar 3, 2012
[QUOTE who="I'm agree"]<quoted text>3 times in a row they were rude to my husband and I because we didn't have reservation. They said if you don't have a reservation then you need to leave![/QUOTE]
food is excellent no wait time and yea you have to have a reservation especially on a weekend night. Waitresses were never rude. My husband and I go just about every weekend and have never had one bad experience.
over it!

Jonesboro, AR

#6 Mar 4, 2012
I love Godsey's and the staff!

Arlington, TX

#7 Mar 4, 2012
It takes forever to get your food in that place. If you pretend you are homosexual you will receive better service

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#8 Mar 4, 2012
I've been there a couple of times and just don't care for the food. The people who work there are plenty nice but I've not found anything on their menu that appeals to me. It's too greasy.
ghost

Jonesboro, AR

#9 Mar 4, 2012
crappy place. agree on over chatging. not so great service. hole inthe wall joint compared to all other downtown places.

Jonesboro, AR

#10 Mar 4, 2012
ghost wrote:
crappy place. agree on over chatging. not so great service. hole inthe wall joint compared to all other downtown places.
over charging?? 9.50 for a giant ass burger and fries??? Unless you're just a fat ass their servings should be plenty and at a good price.
Guest 123

Jonesboro, AR

#11 Mar 4, 2012
ghost wrote:
Good don't go. They don't need you for sure
Guest author

Jonesboro, AR

#12 Mar 4, 2012
[QUOTE who="I'm agree"]
3 times in a row they were rude to my husband and I because we didn't have reservation. They said if you don't have a reservation then you need to leave!
<quoted text>
[/QUOTE]

They doubled in size. You don't need a reservation. I doubt your claims. Three times ...right. They may have asked you to wait. Maybe you are the rude one to be posting on topix.
love godseys!

Jonesboro, AR

#13 Mar 4, 2012
Guest author wrote:
[QUOTE who="I'm agree"]
<quoted text>
"

They doubled in size. You don't need a reservation. I doubt your claims. Three times ...right. They may have asked you to wait. Maybe you are the rude one to be posting on topix.
I agree. Love the people there!!

Jonesboro, AR

#14 Mar 4, 2012
Dykes
diner

Jonesboro, AR

#15 Mar 4, 2012
What happened w Lisa & gray? I heard they split. What a shame if true. They are both amazing women.

Jonesboro, AR

#16 Mar 4, 2012
Best overpriced food in town. But if you eat at Godsey's, you EXPECT to overpay for mediocre food and shoddy service.

However, if YOU put yourself in that position, STFU.

Fort Worth, TX

#17 Mar 5, 2012
I love their food, but our waitress charged our whole table gratuity, and two of the people didn't even eat. The waitress didn't even do a good job...only came to our table three times, one of those times to bring our ticket. I wouldn't have left her near as much as she left herself!
Hmmm

Jonesboro, AR

#18 Mar 5, 2012
Godsey's is notorious for really slow service, mediocre greasy food, and a constant flows of excuses as to why they messed up your experience. By adding another room, all they've done is allow a little extra room for a few more people to experience the same slow service, mediocre greasy food, and list of lame excuses.
a tip 4 u

Jonesboro, AR

#19 Mar 5, 2012
Guest wrote:
I love their food, but our waitress charged our whole table gratuity, and two of the people didn't even eat. The waitress didn't even do a good job...only came to our table three times, one of those times to bring our ticket. I wouldn't have left her near as much as she left herself!
As a restaurant manager, I used to be vehemently opposed to an automatic gratuity, however, when you see people sit at a table for hours on end, run up tabs in excess of $100 to $200 in food and drinks, then tip $5 to a server who is getting paid $2.62 an hour, you realize that a server can't afford to take the chance to hope that the customer is not a douchebag. Most servers must tip out at least the bar, so often they actually lose money on such tables. Further, if you want to try to be a high-rolling player and pick up some chic's or some table's tab, leave a damn tip or make sure someone does.

Oh, and obviously the best way to insure that the server or bartender will call you up for a date when you leave your number on the ticket is DEFINITELY to leave a shitty tip. Dumba$$es.

Fort Worth, TX

#20 Mar 5, 2012
a tip 4 u wrote:
<quoted text>
As a restaurant manager, I used to be vehemently opposed to an automatic gratuity, however, when you see people sit at a table for hours on end, run up tabs in excess of $100 to $200 in food and drinks, then tip $5 to a server who is getting paid $2.62 an hour, you realize that a server can't afford to take the chance to hope that the customer is not a douchebag. Most servers must tip out at least the bar, so often they actually lose money on such tables. Further, if you want to try to be a high-rolling player and pick up some chic's or some table's tab, leave a damn tip or make sure someone does.
Oh, and obviously the best way to insure that the server or bartender will call you up for a date when you leave your number on the ticket is DEFINITELY to leave a shitty tip. Dumba$$es.
So I just have to leave a bad tip and I get a date? Easy enough. Thanks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The confederate flag 12 min Fo Show 493
You lose white racists! 17 min Uncle Jesse 28
Bristol Palin is pregnant. 17 min Disclaimer 234
The South will rise again!! 21 min Fo Show 7
Dr. Ceasar-OBGYN 21 min Jackie_momof2 4
Some Southern States Dragging Feet On Marriage ... 22 min Uncle Jesse 35
Petition drive started for amendment for statew... 33 min Guest 51
Bagger's Hate List : 45 min Uncle Jesse 52
Nestle workers flying confederate flags 1 hr Brad 40
Queer marriage 1 hr Brad 200