Crime around J'boro Schools

White Oak, TX

#84 Mar 31, 2013
guest wrote:
The neighborhoods around ALL of Jonesboro schools are filled with crime, and criminals, except for what used to be Hillcrest, Philadelphia, McArthur, and the High School.
Annie Camp, the Kindergarten Center, South, and West schools are all especially in very high crime areas.
Links to data, please.
Melissa B

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#85 Mar 31, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
So personal insults is all that you have? No facts to debate? Only that I need to grow a brain so I will stop knowing the truth? lol
You are an idiot.
You're the one looking like an idiot; you obviously can't even keep a grip on who you're posting to or who's posting to you. You've lost any credibility you might otherwise have had. Pitiful.
Lisa

Wiseman, AR

#86 Mar 31, 2013
So many times All the bad things, Sex, Dugs and Rock n role Ect. Are not learned at home. Not very often do kids drink or smoke pot and have sex with mom and dad. These things are learned at public schools from other kids and brainwashing from teachers trying to make liberals out of your kids. Kids have way to much free time at schools for in between class classes. How many of you did these things with mom and dad? You learned it and did it at school right? Do your best to keep your kids out of public schools.

Benton, AR

#87 Mar 31, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Links to data, please.
That string of calf slobber from your ass to your mouth is the only link you got.

Benton, AR

#88 Mar 31, 2013
Scruff McGruff wrote:
JPD has limited resources. If you are concerned about the endless criminals and criminal acts every day then you need to get involved in taking a bite out of crime.
The cameras and security lights are a good start. At least get license plate numbers and as good a description of the offenders vehicle as you can and if you see them close up pay attention and be able to give a good description and identify the perpetrators. Call dispatch if you see suspicious activity. Prowling, trespassing, all manner of home invasions and assaults, terroristic threatening are on the rise. Neighborhood watches used to be an option, but so many of the "neighbors" and their kids are the problem now that it's not very feasible in most areas. It's up to you as individuals to take a stand. Please. Officers know there are always going to be detractors and critics, but that tends to come more from those perpetrating the criminal acts and those who refuse to speak up and DO SOMETHING.
Good post, but the criminal types with the criminal kids won't like it and they won't be part of the solution, only the problem. I see these stupid people encouraging their kids to break the law and commit immoral acts and tell them nobody can do anything to them no matter what because everything they do is wonderful. They're sick, diseased minded individuals raising nothing but statistics, crime statistics.

White Oak, TX

#89 Mar 31, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
That string of calf slobber from your ass to your mouth is the only link you got.
As expected, you don't have shizt for any proof.

Jonesboro, AR

#90 Mar 31, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Links to data, please.
You are either going to have to keep up by opening your eyes, and watching the news and the paper, or go to the PD and looking it up yourself through the Freedom of Information Act.
Your believing it doesn't bother me at all. Stay in your little, happy liberal bubble if you choose, but leave me be trying to make the kids safer by exposing the compile of truth. Frankly, I have no answer to a solution for your ridiculous failure to see the truth.

Someone needs to widen up and start cleaning some of the neighborhoods up.

The Country Manor apartment complex has recently been in the news for many years, as a high crime, drug infested, nuisance area. The city already filed nuisance abstement charges against it, and tried to vacate and get rid of this gang haven before, however the owner, whom lives safely in another state fought it and won....leaving it open and running, allowing the crime to continue right across the street from Annie Camp. How is that for facts for you???
No sense in arguing with a diseased, liberal sick filled mind like yours. Open your eyes, do just a little investigating yourself and you will see what is the truth, and that you are in denial.
The truth is dangerous for several schools, and surrounding neighborhoods, and that is NOT ok.

Jonesboro, AR

#91 Mar 31, 2013
Melissa B wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the one looking like an idiot; you obviously can't even keep a grip on who you're posting to or who's posting to you. You've lost any credibility you might otherwise have had. Pitiful.
My keeping all of the guests, and fake names straight is if zero importance to me. I'm not even trying to do that, due to lack of desire, and care. When I acknowledge a retards post, I do so as a group reply to all retards.
We can sit here and personally insult each other all day long, but that's not going to help make these schools in a safer area, is it?
My agenda is to get someone's attention to start cleaning high crime areas up. What exactly is your agenda?? Kind of odd to me that you are not interested in crime or children. Are you the Mayor, or one of his relatives??

White Oak, TX

#92 Mar 31, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
You are either going to have to keep up by opening your eyes, and watching the news and the paper, or go to the PD and looking it up yourself through the Freedom of Information Act.
Your believing it doesn't bother me at all. Stay in your little, happy liberal bubble if you choose, but leave me be trying to make the kids safer by exposing the compile of truth. Frankly, I have no answer to a solution for your ridiculous failure to see the truth.
Someone needs to widen up and start cleaning some of the neighborhoods up.
The Country Manor apartment complex has recently been in the news for many years, as a high crime, drug infested, nuisance area. The city already filed nuisance abstement charges against it, and tried to vacate and get rid of this gang haven before, however the owner, whom lives safely in another state fought it and won....leaving it open and running, allowing the crime to continue right across the street from Annie Camp. How is that for facts for you???
No sense in arguing with a diseased, liberal sick filled mind like yours. Open your eyes, do just a little investigating yourself and you will see what is the truth, and that you are in denial.
The truth is dangerous for several schools, and surrounding neighborhoods, and that is NOT ok.
Why don't you buy these projects and clean them up yourself. I'm the last person you would call a liberal, but I've not seen the crime anywhere as bad as you portray. I believe you stated you didn't live in these areas, I guess your sense of city pride has you concerned with these areas. I'm prerty sure if you pulled up a map of the most incidents, it would show the areas north of Johnson, around ASU, and around Race street. I'm against crime in all areas of town, you just seem to be cherry picking those by JPS facilities. I full expect some retort with name calling, and veiled attempts to label me a liberal, which is laughable.

Jonesboro, AR

#93 Mar 31, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you buy these projects and clean them up yourself. I'm the last person you would call a liberal, but I've not seen the crime anywhere as bad as you portray. I believe you stated you didn't live in these areas, I guess your sense of city pride has you concerned with these areas. I'm prerty sure if you pulled up a map of the most incidents, it would show the areas north of Johnson, around ASU, and around Race street. I'm against crime in all areas of town, you just seem to be cherry picking those by JPS facilities. I full expect some retort with name calling, and veiled attempts to label me a liberal, which is laughable.
lol, I'm just a middle class, poor working Joe. I'm doing well to buy my family a home. Your answer to the problem is so out there, that I can't help but wonder who you are, and how and why you are so unconcerned for others, especially children. Your solution to just buy the problem, and fix it makes me laugh. I guess by your standards, since I don't have the money to do so, I should just shut up, and be happy? Your not a very good candidate for community service, ya know ? You and your family will still have to step out here and buy gas for your vehicles though, just like the little people, and at this rate, your chances of becoming a victim increases every single day.
So really, you had no clue about the apartment complex directly across from Annie Camp being so dangerous and already fought for closing down once?? Funny. Why don't you do some out of your cul de sac investigating, and THEN come back and argue?

White Oak, TX

#94 Mar 31, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
lol, I'm just a middle class, poor working Joe. I'm doing well to buy my family a home. Your answer to the problem is so out there, that I can't help but wonder who you are, and how and why you are so unconcerned for others, especially children. Your solution to just buy the problem, and fix it makes me laugh. I guess by your standards, since I don't have the money to do so, I should just shut up, and be happy? Your not a very good candidate for community service, ya know ? You and your family will still have to step out here and buy gas for your vehicles though, just like the little people, and at this rate, your chances of becoming a victim increases every single day.
So really, you had no clue about the apartment complex directly across from Annie Camp being so dangerous and already fought for closing down once?? Funny. Why don't you do some out of your cul de sac investigating, and THEN come back and argue?
Well, obviously the courts didn't agree with on the dangers of that complex. I buy gas at the gas station occasionally and have never felt that I was endagered. My kids attended AC, so obviously I feel it is a safe area. For my money, the police can park a car across from the school 24 hrs a day. Good luck in your endeavor.

Jonesboro, AR

#95 Mar 31, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, obviously the courts didn't agree with on the dangers of that complex. I buy gas at the gas station occasionally and have never felt that I was endagered. My kids attended AC, so obviously I feel it is a safe area. For my money, the police can park a car across from the school 24 hrs a day. Good luck in your endeavor.
Let your kids walk home then. It will be very good exercise for them. lol

Jonesboro, AR

#96 Apr 1, 2013
I live very close to Annie camp and the gas station off nettleton. Let me tell you. There ain't nothin around here dangerous except some old people. Yeah there have been a lot of blacks moving in and they are very loud but most of them are way to scared to do anything.

Jonesboro, AR

#97 Apr 1, 2013
Found this gem on yt. It's the gas station & apartments you guys are talking about. I wonder if his little "rap" is true or not? He says it is. I'm sure the police know of this guy, but who knows. Have a look.
&fe ature=youtube_gdata_player
mindy

Saint Louis, MO

#98 Apr 1, 2013
Lisa wrote:
So many times All the bad things, Sex, Dugs and Rock n role Ect. Are not learned at home. Not very often do kids drink or smoke pot and have sex with mom and dad. These things are learned at public schools from other kids and brainwashing from teachers trying to make liberals out of your kids. Kids have way to much free time at schools for in between class classes. How many of you did these things with mom and dad? You learned it and did it at school right? Do your best to keep your kids out of public schools.
well i hate to bust your bubble but some of the things i learned and heard in private schools would make you mess your pants. Some kids learn things at home from their parents and/or who ever is taking care of them at the time that would shock even people like minded as Richard Pryor/Eddie Murphy/Andrew Dice Clay Just because people can afford private schools, drive nice cars, live in expensive homes, where nice clothes and amny other fine things in life will not excuse them from being trashy
mindy

Saint Louis, MO

#99 Apr 1, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a shame that some of the areas in and around our schools have become a battle/breeding ground for crime. most of the time when an area become mostly rental and low end rental at that this is the reallity of the area if 95% of the dwellings were owner occupied this would more than likley not be a issue ( weather these folks were poor or not) it just goes to show you that as americans our quest for the bigger better deal has now created a social issue than was never anticipated or just past along hoping it might not happen. Just look at the retail enviroment we wanted cheaper and cheaper prices and now that we have ran most mom and pop businesses out of business we have to deal with the crappy attitudes of the big box retailers. be careful want you wish for you just might get it.
Jack-O

Ash Flat, AR

#100 Apr 1, 2013
mindy wrote:
<quoted text>well i hate to bust your bubble but some of the things i learned and heard in private schools would make you mess your pants. Some kids learn things at home from their parents and/or who ever is taking care of them at the time that would shock even people like minded as Richard Pryor/Eddie Murphy/Andrew Dice Clay Just because people can afford private schools, drive nice cars, live in expensive homes, where nice clothes and amny other fine things in life will not excuse them from being trashy
You must be one of the poor nergos your talking about?

White Oak, TX

#101 Apr 1, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Let your kids walk home then. It will be very good exercise for them. lol
They all play sports, they don't need the exercise, but thanks for your concern.
A Dad

Pocahontas, AR

#102 Apr 1, 2013
guest wrote:
Found this gem on yt. It's the gas station & apartments you guys are talking about. I wonder if his little "rap" is true or not? He says it is. I'm sure the police know of this guy, but who knows. Have a look.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =-eHOwuwuVnIXX&feature=you tube_gdata_player
Thanks for posting this. I did see the apartments mentioned in this post, in the video many times. It does appear to be a gang haven. I certainly do not think that this should be located across from very impressionable middle school children.
Hit a lick means to rob someone, or break in and steal stuff to make quick money doesn't it?
linda

Saint Louis, MO

#103 Apr 1, 2013
Jack-O wrote:
<quoted text>You must be one of the poor nergos your talking about?
no i am white

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mcdonalds on Redwolf 3 min not happy 5
Trump-(don't) Care Kaput 47 min Capt Obvious 41
Democrat City (D.C.) cannibalizing kids in more... 58 min Guest 12
Jason E. Williams 1 hr Lunchbox 2
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 1 hr Orange Man is Fake 34,496
News Bill aims to revise 1901 law on taxes 1 hr Guest 21
2006 cotton st 3 hr Guest 2

Jonesboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance