Where's the best pumpkin patch/farm in the area?

Posted in the Jonesboro Forum

mommyof 2 boys

Osceola, AR

#1 Sep 21, 2008
I was just looking for a local pumpkin patch/farm to take my children to this fall....

Blytheville, AR

#2 Sep 21, 2008
pumpkin hollow we go every year.
casual observer

Blytheville, AR

#3 Sep 22, 2008
Taylor's Nursery at Hoxie - it's a little drive, but not too far, 4-lane until you turn off the highway to get to them. They have those beautiful GIANT pumpkins and regular ones, too. That's where Bennett's get their giant pumpkins, the ones they charge $75-$100 for, are the same ones you can buy at Taylor's for $25.(But you just about need a forklift to haul 'em!)
kindergarten teacher

United States

#4 Sep 22, 2008
Pumpkin Hollow! Love it! You will not be disappointed!

Since: Aug 08

United States

#5 Sep 22, 2008
kindergarten teacher wrote:
Pumpkin Hollow! Love it! You will not be disappointed!
Where is Pumpkin Hollow ?
Agree

United States

#6 Sep 23, 2008
Piggott, Arkansas........ mapQuest Directions!:-)
PumpkinHollowFan

Lake Charles, LA

#7 Sep 23, 2008
I have taken my oldest two kids to Pumpkin Hollow since they were in preschool and my youngest who is five has been every year of his life. My oldest are in 10th and 7th grade this year and they still look forward to our yearly trip to Pumpkin Hollow. Its a beautiful drive and a fun place to go get your pumpkins.
LuvShoes

Jonesboro, AR

#8 Sep 23, 2008
I am 27 and my husband is 29; we got o Pumpkin Hollow every year and LOVE it!! While you are close you should really go on over to Strawberry's at Holcomb, MO and eat!!
just a thought

Independence, KS

#9 Sep 23, 2008
http://www.pumpkinhollow.com/
opens Saturday the 27th
great family entertainment, but a little high in price.
wonderin

Lake Charles, LA

#10 Sep 23, 2008
LuvShoes wrote:
I am 27 and my husband is 29; we got o Pumpkin Hollow every year and LOVE it!! While you are close you should really go on over to Strawberry's at Holcomb, MO and eat!!
That sounds like a good idea..what type food do they have and what are their prices like? I have three kids to feed.
LuvShoes

Jonesboro, AR

#11 Sep 23, 2008
wonderin wrote:
<quoted text>
That sounds like a good idea..what type food do they have and what are their prices like? I have three kids to feed.
They have the best pork steak i have ever eaten!! Their prices are so super cheap it's almost crazy!! My husband and I both get a pork steak with 2 sides and a beer or two for about 25.00 or less TOTAL! The pork steaks are so tender that I'm sure your kids would even like it. Not sure what else they have...that's all we ever get!
just me

AOL

#12 Sep 23, 2008
We went to pumpkin hollow, and it was very nice. I highly recommend it. We also like going to Parker Pioneer Homestead south of Harrisburg each year. Parker Homestead isn't a pumpkin patch, but we still love it.
LuvShoes

Jonesboro, AR

#13 Sep 23, 2008
just me wrote:
We went to pumpkin hollow, and it was very nice. I highly recommend it. We also like going to Parker Pioneer Homestead south of Harrisburg each year. Parker Homestead isn't a pumpkin patch, but we still love it.
What do they do at the Parker Homestead??
just me

AOL

#14 Sep 23, 2008
Two weekends a year in October they hold a "HomesteadFest." This year it's on the 11 & 12, and the 18 & 19 (both Saturdays and Sundays). Folks can tour the pioneer-style homes, check out their gift shop, watch them make real homemade sorghum & cornmeal, eat kettlecorn, and other stuff. Usually one of the local Civil War reenactment groups comes out and has a display, and their artillery unit fires off their cannon for people to see. On October 24 & 25 (Friday and Saturday nights), they have a Haunted Homestead. They decorate the entire place up and host a haunted house. Usually the Friday night is more tamed down, because they get more kids out there that first night. The Saturday night one is usually geared up a little more.

United States

#15 Sep 23, 2008
I also recommend Pumpkin Hollow and then going to Strawberry's, they food is amazing and cheap. The pork steak is one of the best I have ever had.
LuvShoes

Jonesboro, AR

#16 Sep 23, 2008
Guest wrote:
I also recommend Pumpkin Hollow and then going to Strawberry's, they food is amazing and cheap. The pork steak is one of the best I have ever had.
Getting off topic, but, I forgot to mention that if you do go to Strawberry's; you better go b/f Pumpkin Hollow. The almost always run out of pork steaks before 8pm!!
Cooter Lover

Jonesboro, AR

#17 Oct 23, 2010
They were out of pork steaks when we went at 3 in the afternoon. My question is if they know they will sell so many , and alot of people drive a long ways to eat , whey dont they ever cook enough
LuvShoes wrote:
<quoted text>
Getting off topic, but, I forgot to mention that if you do go to Strawberry's; you better go b/f Pumpkin Hollow. The almost always run out of pork steaks before 8pm!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who are these punk kids shooting out car windows?? 1 hr Guest 16
Jonesboro Teens 1 hr Guest 86
Insanity 2016 Rant: Same Bullsh*t, Different Pu... 1 hr Sabrina 3
Jonesboro Needs a Dog Park (Aug '12) 1 hr Kate 27
Vandals strike more than two dozen vehicles in ... 1 hr Guest 11
lesbian chat (Jan '12) 1 hr laurenxxx 45
Are u Kiddin at DNW ??????????? 1 hr Guest 20
Republican Freedom Summit aka The GOP Short Bus... 5 hr Harry 32
Frito lay closing & moving 8 hr jamest 80
buck naked wings 13 hr Guest 53
Jonesboro Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Jonesboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:31 pm PST

NBC Sports12:31PM
Source: Browns interview former Rams coach Mike Martz
NBC Sports 3:14 AM
Rams won't get chance to interview Rob Chudzinski or Alex Van Pelt
Bleacher Report 6:15 PM
Why the St. Louis Rams Must Draft Dorial Green-Beckham
NBC Sports 8:37 AM
Nathaniel Hackett interviewing for Rams offensive coordinator on Thursday
Yahoo! Sports 8:12 AM
The lure of LA for the NFL - mirage or 'must do'?