sam

Jonesboro, AR

#1 Nov 4, 2012
I have a 2007 dodge nitro gold 4wd 4door slt. Great condition it has a very small dent in the back driver side by the wheel from my mom backing into me. Drives great. Has a sunroof. Has less then 65000 miles. Im not sure how many miles but I no it has less then 65000 im asking my pay off prices so im asking 18,800 for it.
sam

Jonesboro, AR

#2 Nov 4, 2012
It has 62,392 miles.

Euless, TX

#4 Nov 5, 2012
Would you take what it's worth instead if pay-off? I can't pay you pay-off just because your dont have equity in it. It's worth somewhere in between $10,500-$12,500 depending in condition.

Euless, TX

#5 Nov 5, 2012
How are you $8000 in the hole on this car?
guest123

Little Rock, AR

#7 Nov 5, 2012
I have a 2010 Nitro and owe less than $18,000 on it and I know I am upside down. Someone wouldn't even be able to get a loan for that amount on that old of a veh. Ar
sam

State University, AR

#8 Nov 6, 2012
Well I've only had it since Aug and I bought it from car choice. And they was selling it for 20,000 and it was my first car to buy and I traded in my moms old car and well they screwed me over pretty much and now I owe right at 19 the lowest id take for it is 18,000 cuz I pay 320 every month.

United States

#9 Nov 6, 2012
Sam, you got taken on that car. There is no way it was worth 20 grand. I seriously doubt you are going to be able to sell it for your asking price. I'm pretty sure they saw you coming, and knowing it was your first car buying experience took advantage of you. Next time shop around a little, and be picky. Do some research, don't accept what the salesman tells you as gospel. I'm afraid your stuck with that car if you don't want to ruin your credit and let them repo it.

Since: Sep 08

Jonesboro, AR

#10 Nov 6, 2012
sam wrote:
Well I've only had it since Aug and I bought it from car choice. And they was selling it for 20,000 and it was my first car to buy and I traded in my moms old car and well they screwed me over pretty much and now I owe right at 19 the lowest id take for it is 18,000 cuz I pay 320 every month.
There's your problem right there. Car Choice did indeed screw you over, just like they do to a lot of first time buyers. Unfortunately you are going to be stuck with this car. You might as well just drive it into the ground and hope that it holds together long enough that you can get it payed off. I would be willing to bet the next car you buy you will want to know the total cost of the vehicle and not just how much your monthly payment will be.
another

Jonesboro, AR

#11 Nov 6, 2012
wow another satisfied customer from car choice.
and that guy goes on tv and tells everone how honest he is. bull crap on that also. everyone should know by now how they are.
look

Jonesboro, AR

#12 Nov 6, 2012
saw a 2009 at fletcher with 44k on miles for 16900
and a 2010 at bayaird with 35 thousand miles for 17900. they did take advantage of you very bad. take it back where you bought it and ask them to buy it back

Euless, TX

#13 Nov 6, 2012
Wow man! You really need to do your homework before buying a car! Kelly Blue Book, NADA, Edmunds will all give you estimated values for any car. They straight up took you! When I buy a car I look at all the mentioned websites. I take the values and get an average. I use this average along with other asking prices on places such as eBay. I find a number that reflects fair asking prices along with what those websites say. Almost every car that a dealer has was bought below the "trade in value" at the stores. For example, your nitro was traded in at Car Choice for probably around $8800-$9300. That's what they may have paid. The private party value is right at $10,500. If I were to buy that car from them I would've offered $8500. I would've came up to $10,300 total and I can assure you that I would've walked away with the car. They would've made more than enough profit and they would've been happy. You didn't do your research and it cost you big time! Unlike Car Choice who can sell a car to anyone with bad credit, you cannot. They had an advantage because of the number of banks they work with. You however cannot sell to anyone. You have to sell to the person that can get the loan from their bank. A bank will loan probably $11000-$12000 on the nitro. I don't know if you will get $11000 out of it. It will be hard. If you don't want it I suggest you go trade it in. You will have to negotiate the next vehicle down to basically no profit for the dealer. You're going to have to offer a trade in price for another car and hope they take it. You will still be upside down, but you will be less upside down since part of this negative equity will be passÚd off to the new vehicle. That's your beat bet. No way, no chance you get $18,000 or even close. Sorry man. Hope you learned a lesson.

Since: Sep 08

Jonesboro, AR

#14 Nov 8, 2012
For someone who prides themselves on "doing their homework" it is strange to me that you recommend that he sell it or trade it in and take a loss. He would be better served by simply keeping it and driving it into the ground. Being a 2007 that vehicle has already suffered its biggest hit from a depreciation standpoint.

Euless, TX

#15 Nov 8, 2012
quagmire1 wrote:
For someone who prides themselves on "doing their homework" it is strange to me that you recommend that he sell it or trade it in and take a loss. He would be better served by simply keeping it and driving it into the ground. Being a 2007 that vehicle has already suffered its biggest hit from a depreciation standpoint.
I said if he needed/wanted to sell it. What I said was best case scenario if the 07 must go. I know what I'm doing as I am a loan officer.

Jonesboro, AR

#16 Nov 10, 2012
another wrote:
wow another satisfied customer from car choice.
and that guy goes on tv and tells everone how honest he is. bull crap on that also. everyone should know by now how they are.
They sell cars because they finance people with bad credit who are desperate.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United States to give 50 billion to Iran. 3 min iran 1
US House passes tax cuts that only apply to 5,4... 7 min BarackalypseNow 80
Rand Paul Has Koch Problem 9 min Clint 52
Conservatives vs. Liberals 17 min Fo Show 12
judge 22 min guest 4
hookers for hillary': bunny ranch employees end... 26 min Guest 2
Hibiscus 1706 (issues) 29 min dieselmechanic1976 2
More from around the web

Jonesboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE