Feinstein Gun Control Bill to Exempt ...

Feinstein Gun Control Bill to Exempt Government Officials

Posted in the Jonesboro Forum

“The Best is yet to come.”

Since: Dec 12

Old Milwaukee

#1 Jan 25, 2013
Not everyone will have to abide by Senator Dianne Feinstein's gun control bill. If the proposed legislation becomes law, government officials and others will be exempt.

"Mrs. Feinstein's measure would exempt more than 2,200 types of hunting and sporting rifles; guns manually operated by bolt, pump, lever or slide action; and weapons used by government officials, law enforcement and retired law enforcement personnel," the Washington Times reports.

The Huffington Post confirms these exemptions, and adds that guns owned prior to the legislation becoming law will be permissble, too. "[T]he bill includes a number of exemptions: It exempts more than 2,200 hunting and sporting weapons; any gun manually operated by a bolt, pump, lever or slide action; any weapons used by government officials and law enforcement; and any weapons legally owned as of the date of the bill's enactment."

The bill's measures include stopping "the sale, manufacture and importation of 158 specifically named military-style firearms and ammunition magazines that hold more than 10 rounds. It would also ban an additional group of assault weapons that accept detachable ammunition magazines and have at least one military characteristic," according to the Huffington Post.

The left-leaning website adds: "Other new provisions include requiring background checks on all future transfers of assault weapons covered under the bill and eliminating the 10-year sunset that allowed the original ban to expire."

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/feinstein...
ummm

Gregory, AR

#3 Jan 25, 2013
of course it does.. typical hypocritical liberal... it also exempts EX law officials too

“The Best is yet to come.”

Since: Dec 12

Old Milwaukee

#4 Jan 25, 2013
Let the politicians have guns but not the people. sounds like a good recipe for tyranny.
AntiLeftistTools

Springdale, AR

#5 Jan 25, 2013
If you can't feel tyranny's breath on your neck...Your a Leftie or already dead.
the real guest

Ridgedale, MO

#6 Jan 26, 2013
AntiLeftistTools wrote:
If you can't feel tyranny's breath on your neck...Your a Leftie or already dead.
It's not the breath of tyranny on our necks, it's their boots!

Jonesboro, AR

#7 Jan 26, 2013
I just wonder when enough will be enough for the rest of the American people. This is the same situation we found ourselves in when our founding fathers fought for our freedom from the British, high taxes, unfair laws, and a detached upper class presiding over it all. Revolution is coming, we should all prepare.

Dallas, TX

#8 Jan 26, 2013
We have become a left leaning society, and it's going to take a collapse of this country before we head back down the correct path. We all need to get prepared, because we are not far from it happening.
DontBelieveIt

Springdale, AR

#10 Jan 27, 2013
They told the police the same thing in Russia.
Post Turtle

United States

#11 Jan 31, 2013
I once dropped a gun and it hit my big toe and my toe nail turned black. Ouch. It was all over the liberal press and news media for weeks. And it was the guns fault not mine
FemaRegion6

Springdale, AR

#12 Jan 31, 2013
It is time. We should ban all toe nails.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dear Demogaycrat Commies 27 min Guest 64
New Hillary Clinton Condoms Hit the Market 31 min Spy 6
bbq thread 2 hr MY RABS 5
Farley Is Happy To Have Disclaimer And Rupert O... 3 hr guest 20
Hillary has Brain Damage 3 hr guest 45
Jan 1 --- Me --- & the "C.C.C." (Dec '15) 3 hr guest 171
what the hell is a muslam mosque doing in Jones... (Jul '10) 4 hr meee 268

Jonesboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance