startek not getting direct tv as client

Posted in the Jonesboro Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
robert gibson

Harrisburg, AR

#1 May 15, 2012
just got off a conference call and learned dtv will not be looking to startek anymore for their u.s. call center....... really sucks for jtown

Haslet, TX

#2 May 15, 2012
Saw on Facebook last night they were coming? Apparently someone got word from the site director?
robert gibson

United States

#3 May 15, 2012
i really hope so. but was on a conference call this morning with direct and they specifically mentioned they were going in a different direction. :'(
concerned

Jonesboro, AR

#4 May 15, 2012
I am sure you enjoy announcing this hot information to the general public. Most astute professionals I know would never disseminate that type of information, ever.
Who

Conway, AR

#5 May 15, 2012
And how would you know anything about this ??
action jackson

United States

#6 May 15, 2012
concerned wrote:
I am sure you enjoy announcing this hot information to the general public. Most astute professionals I know would never disseminate that type of information, ever.
i for one appreciate it. no need to have a lot of false hope. startek would probably be still be open if it were not for gross mismanagement.
action jackson

United States

#7 May 15, 2012
action jackson wrote:
<quoted text>
i for one appreciate it. no need to have a lot of false hope. startek would probably be still be open if it were not for gross mismanagement.
yeah, "concerned" is probably one of those professionals who helped the place go to the crapper and is now drawing unemployment.
Who

Conway, AR

#8 May 15, 2012
action jackson wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah, "concerned" is probably one of those professionals who helped the place go to the crapper and is now drawing unemployment.
And Mr. Gibson is who exactly ???, I am sure the information he is providing is false !
Who

Conway, AR

#9 May 15, 2012
Please take into consideration the lives of the people involved before posting or pretending to have info on matters that you clearly do not!!

Jonesboro, AR

#10 May 15, 2012
Why anyone would post anything negative about the possibility of a company obtaining a new client and therefore keeping jobs in Jonesboro completely escapes me! I for one sincerely hope that Direct TV does come to Startek in Jonesboro. Jonesboro is a great place to live and work, and I think Direct TV would be a welcome addition to our city's economy.
rbd

United States

#11 May 15, 2012
he's a marketing advisor for many clients one of them being direct. unfortunately the csi index score for the location in jonesboro was so low it wasn't a viable option. in addition, their overall business model left much to be desired. not really sure if st wants to be operating in its previous role throughout north america.
who2

United States

#12 May 15, 2012
Who wrote:
Please take into consideration the lives of the people involved before posting or pretending to have info on matters that you clearly do not!!
are we talking about a $10 an hour call center or am organ transplant?

draw unemployment or find a job.....geeeeeeez
Who

Conway, AR

#13 May 15, 2012
rbd wrote:
he's a marketing advisor for many clients one of them being direct. unfortunately the csi index score for the location in jonesboro was so low it wasn't a viable option. in addition, their overall business model left much to be desired. not really sure if st wants to be operating in its previous role throughout north america.
Ok if this person is a professional why would a site like topix be the vehicle for these types of statements?? I do give you kudos for the charade though!! thanks for the mid day entertainment. CSI. Customer Satisfaction Index realy!! Nice Work
Who

Conway, AR

#14 May 15, 2012
who2 wrote:
<quoted text>
are we talking about a $10 an hour call center or am organ transplant?
draw unemployment or find a job.....geeeeeeez
We are talking about a company that has provided for many a Jonesboroian for many a year, it is unfortunate that people cannot appreciate and respect the lives of those who actually enjoy working. Life isnít always fair but it is what you make of it. Living with such negativity cannot be good for your health!
What

Leachville, AR

#15 May 15, 2012
I Believe it is BS, I talked to one of their main guys not too long ago and they assured me they got the deal.
whoah

United States

#16 May 15, 2012
is it the Gibson with arvest group?
Philippino

United States

#17 May 15, 2012
Who wrote:
<quoted text>
We are talking about a company that has provided for many a Jonesboroian for many a year, it is unfortunate that people cannot appreciate and respect the lives of those who actually enjoy working. Life isnít always fair but it is what you make of it. Living with such negativity cannot be good for your health!
can you appreciate " would you like fries with that?" that is the kind of talent startek embraced and that's the kinda talent that took jobs overseas. they promoted those without the dna to be successful.
concerned

Jonesboro, AR

#18 May 15, 2012
action jackson wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually you have it backwards. It is likely employees with an attitude and mindset like yours that will sink any enterprise. So I suggest you look in a mirror next time you have nothing to add.
concerned

Jonesboro, AR

#19 May 15, 2012
action jackson wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, always blame it on poor management. I guess that's why Chrysler is still in business, ever hear of Lee Iacocca? Turn your finger around and point it in the right direction, toward yourself!
action jackson

United States

#20 May 15, 2012
concerned wrote:
<quoted text>Yep, always blame it on poor management. I guess that's why Chrysler is still in business, ever hear of Lee Iacocca? Turn your finger around and point it in the right direction, toward yourself!
Chrysler is in business today because taxpayers bailed them out. Lee Iacocca did invent the mini van.... awesome.

Startek failed because they had no vision,(ie, wtf are we gonna do if our client bails.) They also failed because they had little talent.

What's the big deal anyway? The $10 an hour help can get that kinda pay almost anywhere in town.

The supervisors and entry level management will have to go back to a pay plan closer to their skill set.(see previous paragraph.)

Guess the big boy management can go over to NicePak. Looks like they can use some help in the "losing clients" department.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
My wife farts in her sleep! 13 min Poots 1
And as it is appointed unto men once to die, bu... 15 min Mosea 1
Mickey Bridger 37 min Jean 1
Adultery 1 hr Ducky 6
Breaking: Soros Bankrolls Trump Sexual Harassme... 2 hr District10 21
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 2 hr Reality Check 41,454
White Christmas Triggers Snowflakes 2 hr Guest 9
Beggars at Jonesboro stoplights 3 hr Guest 50
Alabama election 5 hr wow 40

Jonesboro Jobs