3.9 magnitude earthquake hits in Okla...

3.9 magnitude earthquake hits in Oklahoma County near Luther, Jones; no damage reported

There are 32 comments on the KFOR story from Sep 20, 2010, titled 3.9 magnitude earthquake hits in Oklahoma County near Luther, Jones; no damage reported. In it, KFOR reports that:

The latest in a series of small earthquakes in eastern Oklahoma County has not caused any damage.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KFOR.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
sbkb

Tulsa, OK

#21 Oct 13, 2010
It was felt in Tulsa as well
Annie

Oklahoma City, OK

#22 Oct 13, 2010
I live in Moore, my whole house shook. It woke my niece and my sister up! Some stuff fell off of my tv too.
Chris

Oklahoma City, OK

#23 Oct 13, 2010
It was an earthquake? I thought the 400lb engineer I work with was running again.
karson

Dallas, TX

#24 Oct 13, 2010
We felt it in shawnee the 5th floor of benedictine hall at st gregorys shook for ten min.
Larry

Blanchard, OK

#25 Oct 13, 2010
Aproximately 9:10 A.M.(Blanchard,Oklahoma) this morning the floor started shaking and things started falling off the TV. Lasted about 15 sec's. I first thought it was the oil tanker trucks on our gravel road untill the house started shaking.I lived in California and experinced many earthquakes, this is my first for Oklahoma in 50 years.
Sam Lane

Tulsa, OK

#26 Oct 13, 2010
Felt it all the way here in East Tulsa. Felt like waves going through my bed and sounded like a big truck rolling by. Very scary.
Kay Byerly

Sasakwa, OK

#27 Oct 13, 2010
At Sasakwa, Oklahoma in Seminole County the walls shook in the school from the earth quake this morning.
Pam

Norman, OK

#28 Oct 13, 2010
Felt it very strongly here in East Norman.

We were right on top of it... The whole building moved.. and creaked and the dogs went into orbit.I honestly thought something very large had run hard into the building. Except the only sound was the building movement.. no big bang. The builders are next door in a burned out apartment and I thought half the building had collapsed !!!

Anyway.. No aftershocks as yet.. but whilst 4.5 is small for California.. it was a rattler for here.. and we were smack bang on the top of it.!!

I put a report in to the U.S.Geological Survey
laurie

Dallas, TX

#29 Oct 13, 2010
Felt it strong in n.w. okc. It was loud like a large truck coming through. The house shook an the windows rattled for close to 1 minute.
BrandonFocht

Stillwater, OK

#30 Oct 13, 2010
It was felt in Stillwater.
abs

Woodland Hills, CA

#31 Oct 13, 2010
Here in Norman out along Highway 9, I thought it was a huge explosion. VERY loud. Everything in the building shook. No damage.
Heidi Martin

Oklahoma City, OK

#32 Oct 13, 2010
Felt it quite hard here at OU College of Dentistry! First a "boom" then rattling...building seem to sway. Oklahoma sure has a lot to offer!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jones Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Carson pledges to fight homelessness amid budge... Wed Putins Glock Holster 6
Randee Beaty is Retarded Wed Randee is Trash 8
News Hobby Lobby to forfeit 5,500 ancient artifacts ... Jul 18 god 2
My voter info Jul 18 tim 4
Wendy Teague Dated Child Molester Michael Mann Jul 14 Michael McLemore 1
Are there any white guys in our city that date... (May '11) Jul 14 Windycityman 4
News Oklahoma City police investigating Uber driver'... Jul 13 oklahoma politics 1

Jones Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jones Mortgages